• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Compendium of Dreams (1)

I would reply more fully, but something from deep within my unconcious mind is telling me I really can't be bothered...

Actually the Unicorn is a traditional phallic symbol... Could they not only be tamed by maidens pure?

It goes with the whole Maypole theme...

Az

Telepathic dreams

When I was about five and my sister about four, I dreamed that we drove to the grocery in a car. I drove there and my sister drove back. My sister had the same dream. This was such a vivid dream that both of us believed we actually had driven to the grocery until we were adults and suddenly, it occurred to us that we had been way too little to drive a car. (Our parents never did believe us.) I think what actually happened was that we had shared a dream telepathically. Over the years, I've had a number of other telepathic dreams, but they aren't ones appropriate to relate to strangers. When I was younger, they were more about sex. As I get older, I seem to just watch other people's dreams. I wake up and realize I don't know any of the people in the dream except the other dreamer. What characterises these dreams is an enhanced sense of reality, waking up in the middle of them with a rapid heartbeat and being able to verify that the other dreamer had the same experience at the same time. How common is this? Have you had or suspected you had telepathic dreams?

This has never happened to me, I only dreamed a few things that
my cat did. Like move her kittens to a new place, things like that, but you are lucky! I would love to have dreams like that!

It happened to me once that I remember , I was 16 , I dreamed I was wandering round our house , sort of an out of body dream , and ended up sitting on my mother's bed , in the morning she said she had had a sort of waking dream where she couldn't move , her door was inexplicably open ( it was closed when she woke properly )and there was a feeling of someone sitting on her legs . Not really a shared dream but weird !
Apart from that , like nikita , just about pets .
Marion

Fortean Dreams

Not wanting to divert the other dream threads, I thought I'd start another one about the wierdest dream you've ever had.

Okay, so this isn't always easy as most dreams are odd in some way. Most of the time, though, you understand most of what you dream due to circumstances in your life.

eg: You'll have a really bad day at work, and you'll dream that night that you've gone back to 18th century France, and you're about to guillotine your boss.

But some dreams just seem to defy all rationality, due to their extreme abstract nature.

The wierdest dream I have ever had, I had about 3 days ago, which is what prompted me, after seeing the other Dream threads, to start this thread.

In my dream I was holding my three year old nephew, and we were looking out of my kitchen window at my new neighbours (which I don't have), who were throwing bags of jumble sale stuff into my garden (which I also don't have. I have a concrete yard). My nephew noticed something in the pile that interested him, and asked me if we could go and look at it. I agreed and opened the back door to allow us into the garden. As I opened the door, I realised that I couldn't see anything in the garden, no bags of stuff, nothing. When we came back into the house I looked through the window again, and we could see the bags being hurled over the wall.

I opened the door once more and went into the garden, and noticed that I couldn't see very well, which I immediately put down to not having my glasses on. As soon as I realised that I was missing my glasses, I realised I was dreaming, so took advantage of this and began exploring the house with my nephew.

I started to get the fuzzy feeling of waking up, and so handed my nephew to my sister, and told her I had to go due to the fact that this was only a dream, and I was about to wake up.

I awoke to find sunlight streaming through my curtains, so brightly that I had to squint against it. My sister then came into my room and asked to borrow my phone. I said yes, but could she fetch me a glass of water. She completely ignored me, so I asked again. She still ignored me. I asked a third time and she looked up at me and said "Oh, wake up you dozy bastard, you're still asleep." The room suddenly dissolved into darkness, and I found myself sitting on the edge of the bed, in total darkness.

That dream really spooked me because, although I've had dreams where I've woken up, only to discover that I haven't actually 'woken up', but I've never had a lucid dream before hand.

If you've managed to trawl your way through my ramblings, I commend you, and would like to know your most bizarre dreams.

If you gave up half way through, I don't blame you, I almost did too.

TB:)

Odd, I just started a dream thread also. Anyway, I had a very disturbing dream just the other night also. It's extremely weird and a little embarassing, but I'll give it a go.

For some reason, I was running around the neighborhood climbing into second-story windows. It all seemed very natural at the time. I jumped into a few parties, but pretty much kept on the move. At some point I stopped in an empty room and climbed into a bed. After lying there a bit, there was a presence of a woman there with me. In my dream I was very sleepy and disoriented. It felt good to have a woman beside me in bed (of course) but I was confused. She was there and at the same time she wasn't. I'd struggle to clear my head, and I was alone. Then after closing my eyes for a few seconds, she was there with me again. At one point I could see her there, but then she'd be gone again. At one point I could touch her, but then the bed would be empty. This went on for a little too long and I started to feel scared and like I was going insane. Don't know what happened next, but it felt like there was some kind of resolution to my ordeal... just can't remember what it was. No drugs or anything to blame, here. Wish I could describe the scared/disoriented feeling better. Let me just say that I've never felt that way in my entire life. Creeps me out just thinking about it.

Interesting, never had one myself but I wouldn't mind, especially with my girlfriend, that'd be something to see, well...for us at least. Hehehehe...:D :p ;) :cool:

-Oracle- said:
Interesting, never had one myself but I wouldn't mind, especially with my girlfriend, that'd be something to see, well...for us at least. Hehehehe...:D :p ;) :cool:
I can only imagine!:p

Originally posted by mike_legs
Perhaps there's a unicorn in my dream, and the other day there was a story I was reading where the unicorn came from, so then something loosely associated (a book, or a character from the book, or the person that loaned you the book) shows up in the dream also. And perhaps other loose associations manifest themselves, or don't, at your subconscious whim. This actually seems to happen in some of my dreams.

well either your a replicent or youre dreaming that youre qualifyed to a ride a unicorn (eg youre a virgin?)yes i know that only girlies are sposed tobe able to ride unicorns but hey this is the 21st centuary and the age of equality

Back