• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Conspiracy Theorists Think The Eclipse Will Begin A 'Massive Human Sacrifice Event'

I think it’s great that we can more or less monitor the progress of emerging conspiracy theories in realtime now - should we be arsed.
(That boat that crashed into that bridge caused an eclipse and two earthquakes but THEY won’t admit it)

It's like there was never an eclipse before. (We had one in the US in 2017 and the world didn't end.)
It may be that the nutters who believe this conspiracy think it's something special because of all the other stuff that will be happening on that day.
I won't be holding my breath, waiting for anything unusual to happen! :cool:

For weeks now emergency management has warned people to have plenty of gas and extra money as an estimated 4 million people will travel into the cities along the solar eclipse’s path.

All that is going to happen is one big traffic jam.

Since the cloud cover forecast is not good, the eclipse might be difficult to see.

More conspiracy fodder.

NASA will be launching three rockets during the eclipse at 3.33pm and it's called Project or Operation Asep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apep

The Hadron Collider has been under going maintenance or something and will be firing a whatever at another whatever or something and that will also be on the 8th.

There also the appearance of a comet nicknamed the Devil or Devil's Comet, also on the 8th.

There is more but I can't remember them.
I'm cleaning my bath on the 8th, maybe that's what you were thinking of. Can only hope that this doesn't bring The Doom, like what happened when I cleaned the oven! We're still getting over that one!

All that is going to happen is one big traffic jam.
Back in '99 when we could experience a total eclipse here in the SW of England, the In House GP and I dropped the boys off at nursery in the morning and drove down to Plymouth to experience the event. Typically it was cloudy over the Hoe, but it was still quite the day. Afterwards we dropped in to Ivybridge to lunch with some friends, and then we got off at about 3pm so that we could pick the kids up before 6pm (normally a 40-minute drive). We joined the back of the queue about 10 miles along the duel carriageway and inched our way towards home - worried by how long it was taking, we turned off the main road at Ashburton to try and cut across Dartmoor, and found ourselves in a long wait to get through Moretonhampstead because every other bugger had had the same idea. I had to ring the nursery from the car to apologise for our delay in collecting the boys, and we were charged an extra 30 minutes because the manager had stayed behind with them once it shut for the night. Should have just taken them with us... So from personal experience, I whole-heartedly agree with you @charliebrown !

I recall the eclipse seen in London 1999. All the 'usual' uncanny stillness from the birds etc. was added to the sound of the cars becoming dulled. Not sure if the traffic was brought to a halt - our firm was on a Camden side-street - but it seemed like it.

1712515292795.png

Current forecast for my neck of the woods is cloud and rain, so not much chance of seeing any eclipse.

I'm nowhere near the path of this eclipse so I'll just look at the photos I took of the partial eclipse on 25 Oct 2022. Two sunspot regions were visible during the eclipse because there was thin cloud dimming the sun.

eclipse 20221025.jpg

I'm cleaning my bath on the 8th, maybe that's what you were thinking of. Can only hope that this doesn't bring The Doom, like what happened when I cleaned the oven! We're still getting over that one!
That could be an extinction - level event. For bacteria, anyway.

Was in the little French fishing village of Fécamp for the '99 eclipse, as it was the first landfall of totality.
A group of us sat outside a small bistro and had moule frite with a sancerre while waiting.
We were near the quayside and the sea made it all the more eerie.
The cloud cleared with moments to go and we had an unobstructed view for whole event.

Magical.

'The Indians were a peculiar people in their notions'.

Ironic really.

I suppose old Mr Cackler could have had no idea how a very significant proportion of his own descendants would significantly outpeculiar any peculiarity the Native American peoples may have possessed.

How depressing it is that a man born in the 1790's - and presumably of the default and devout Christian mindset of the time - clearly had a more sober knowledge of basic science than the generations beyond his great grandchildren. Odd that people who see evidence of social, cultural and moral entropy in any and every outside change that they do not like appear blissfully unaware that the most obvious evidence of its presence might be in their own fucking stupidity.

Conspiracy Theorists Say Everyone Should Stare at the Eclipse Without Eye Protection​

"People can see just by common sense that the sun is not 93 million miles away," one TikToker said.​

https://gizmodo.com/conspiracy-theorists-say-stare-at-eclipse-1851387594
So, once again, people are not accepting the advice of scientists about an event they accept will happen based on that same science. I'm starting to think humanity just gets the fate it chooses and that's inevitable and fine.

Once again, the grifters take an opportunity to peddle their myths...

Solar eclipse: Experts debunk outlandish claims from conspiracy theorists​

The end of the world is coming and it will start in Illinois on Monday. That is according to some of the conspiracy theories running rampant about the coming solar eclipse.

From Sky News*

(*Yes, the irony of the source is not lost on me)

Back