• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Conspiracy Theorists Think The Eclipse Will Begin A 'Massive Human Sacrifice Event'

Rub it in why not!!

In June 1954 we had a fairly big but not total eclipse here in the UK.

Yeah but it was in black and white.

I've spent some of the morning looking online for the backlash to absolutely nothing happening, no sign of Jesus or Satan, no Rapture, no earthquakes, zilch. Too much to hope that they may all.be feeling a bit silly today and maybe even post something rational for a change? Yeah, thought so.

The last full eclipse I remember- 1999?- I was working at a manor house in Kent. We all went outside to watch it- the birds briefly stopped singing, it got a bit chilly, a bit gloomy, and a cow in the field across the lake took a dump.

Then our manager called us back inside. He was a bit like Satan though, so...

Btw, I survived the full eclipse. My eyesight is intact, I have not been raptured (though there may have been other reasons that I wasn't taken), and I have engaged in no human sacrifices.

We had sunny weather and could view the whole thing. Yep, pretty standard to other eclipses, except total.

But wait, there is a flurry of insects expected soon:

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/cicadas-2024-1.7167254

So the end times may not yet be done.

The U.S. news channels tracked the solar eclipse’s path and the TV stations showed the eclipse at different spots.

The religious groups were interested because it tracked over seven towns that had the name Nineveh.

I personally looked at the eclipse as strictly scientific nothing more.

News Channel 18 in Arlington, Texas reports some residents reported a UFO during the solar eclipse.

Venus was very bright during the solar eclipse ? ?

Texas is a past UFO hotspot, particularly when younger Bush was president.

The U.S. news channels tracked the solar eclipse’s path and the TV stations showed the eclipse at different spots.

The religious groups were interested because it tracked over seven towns that had the name Nineveh.

I personally looked at the eclipse as strictly scientific nothing more.
The Nineveh claim was false. The religious groups were (SURPRISE) greatly misinformed.

An eclipse occurred and nothing happened.
95cd24694973a283.png

An eclipse occurred and nothing happened.
Apart from the jaw dropping claim of this TV presenter…

‘The View’ co-host Sunny Hostin claims eclipse caused by climate change​

“The View” co-host Sunny Hostin blamed Monday’s solar eclipse, Friday’s earthquake and the expected cicada breeding season on “climate change.”

“All those things together would maybe lead one to believe that either climate change exists or something is really going on,” she said Monday.

A 4.8-magnitude earthquake was felt across New York and New Jersey on Friday; on Monday, the highly anticipated solar eclipse swept across the continental U.S.

Hostin also claimed that her studio makeup artist “put on her coat” and “ran down the hallway” during the earthquake, saying, “Jesus is coming” and “The rapture is here.”

‘The View’ co-host Sunny Hostin claims eclipse caused by climate change​

A satire site’s take on this issue:

NASA Sends Rover To Search For Intelligent Life On ‘The View’

“NASA scientists, who launched the mission in an attempt to answer the age-old question of whether or not intelligent life existed on the set of the popular daytime talk show, remained skeptical that any evidence would be found.

"From what we've seen so far, it doesn't look good," said Dr. Edgar Barnhouse, who led the research team. "Rumors have always existed that there may be intelligent life on The View, but until now, we've never encountered any concrete proof.”

maximus otter

I always wonder why I seem to be the last to hear about these end of the world events. They inevitably come to light after I've just spent a fortune on maintenance and insurance. I'll be mightily pi***d off when it actually happens, and I doubt Insurers would pay out.

I always wonder why I seem to be the last to hear about these end of the world events. They inevitably come to light after I've just spent a fortune on maintenance and insurance. I'll be mightily pi***d off when it actually happens, and I doubt Insurers would pay out.
Well, you need to find Eric. He'll see you right.

Apocalyptic fear mongering and conspiracy hype can be tragic to people who are mentally unstable, and people around them.

Mom who threw 2 kids onto LA freeway, killing her infant, appeared agitated by impending eclipse
https://www.abc27.com/news/us-world...nfant-appeared-agitated-by-impending-eclipse/

A woman who authorities say fatally stabbed her partner at their Los Angeles apartment Monday then threw her two children from a moving SUV onto the freeway, killing her infant daughter, was an astrologer who called the impending solar eclipse “the epitome of spiritual warfare” in an online post days earlier.

Los Angeles police believe Danielle Cherakiyah Johnson, 34, posted on X as an astrology influencer and recording artist with the moniker “ Ayoka,” in the days leading up to the violence, which began hours before the eclipse peaked in Southern California, said Lt. Guy Golan.

Apocalyptic fear mongering and conspiracy hype can be tragic to people who are mentally unstable, and people around them.

Mom who threw 2 kids onto LA freeway, killing her infant, appeared agitated by impending eclipse
https://www.abc27.com/news/us-world...nfant-appeared-agitated-by-impending-eclipse/

A woman who authorities say fatally stabbed her partner at their Los Angeles apartment Monday then threw her two children from a moving SUV onto the freeway, killing her infant daughter, was an astrologer who called the impending solar eclipse “the epitome of spiritual warfare” in an online post days earlier.

Los Angeles police believe Danielle Cherakiyah Johnson, 34, posted on X as an astrology influencer and recording artist with the moniker “ Ayoka,” in the days leading up to the violence, which began hours before the eclipse peaked in Southern California, said Lt. Guy Golan.

This content is not available in your country/region.​

May be accessed here: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...aby-seemed-agitated-impending-ecli-rcna147314

That is just so sad. The nine year old may have escaped physical injury but having seen the stabbing as well she's certainly not escaped mental injury. I hope she's getting expert care poor thing.
I wonder how much of all this sort of stuff is to do with a mental illness and how much is just erroneous belief?

That is just so sad. The nine year old may have escaped physical injury but having seen the stabbing as well she's certainly not escaped mental injury. I hope she's getting expert care poor thing.
I wonder how much of all this sort of stuff is to do with a mental illness and how much is just erroneous belief?
I think it’s probably safe to say that a woman who stabbed her partner to death, speeded off in a car, threw her two children out killing one of them, then crashed into a tree in an apparent suicide, had mental health issues.

Definitely a Cancerian.

I always put off some horrible housework job just in case - in 2012 I did end up having to clean the windows after all after the Mayans got that EOTW date wrong. Now I've got a shed that needs clearing out, brushing down and re-organising, and my EOTW excuse is no good (again).

Back