• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Construction Worker Finds A 'Brain' Lying On A Beach

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
A construction worker got the shock of a lifetime when he stumbled across a 'brain'.

Jimmy Senda was taking a walk along Racine Beach, Wisconsin, earlier this week when he spotted the 'organ', which had been placed inside of a square package and wrapped in aluminium foil.

resize

Speaking to local media, Jimmy said he just wanted to know what it was and thought the answer might lie inside.

"Curiosity got to me, so I popped it open and it looked like a chicken breast. It took a little bit for it to really (register) of what was going on; it was a brain."

Jimmy said he also found a bunch of flowers alongside it, as well as a piece of paper with what what appeared to be Mandarin writing on it.

The strange find had cops stumped, with officers also saying that it looked like a brain.

Speaking to Fox, police revealed that the brain is not believed to belong to a human, but this would not be confirmed until a proper examination had been carried out by the local Medical Examiner's office.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/weird-walker-finds-brain-lying-on-beach-20200916

maximus otter

I've eaten sheep brain curry - very flavourful and creamy!

The slip of paper could have been a curse...or a really good recipe, maybe.

Hard to tell anything from the photo. It's all a blur.
Is it some weird* notion of blurring out body parts in newspaper photographs? The foil seems positively HD.

* I mean, it's not weird - I don't want to be surprised with hi-res pictures of dead people when I'm eating my cornflakes. But it seems an odd application of the principle in this instance.

The proliferating news accounts vary in their descriptions of the package contents other than the brain. There were one or more flowers inside the foil. There was also one or more pieces of "paper with apparent Mandarin characters" (my phrasing). Some later newswire stories say this paper was actually money / currency, but the nation of issuance isn't specified.

This tidbit was posted on the celebrity gossip TMZ site:

Jimmy called the police to investigate, and the Racine County Medical Examiner tells TMZ ... the brain is NOT human. Their early take is appears to be from a cat.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/16/man-finds-brain-washed-ashore-beach-cat-feline-racine-wisconsin/

Some other accounts mention authorities suspected the brain wasn't human, but this is the only one I found claiming any authority had declared it wasn't human.

resize

[/QUOTE]

TBF from that shot it looks like a homemade fleshlight. Gives a new meaning to "I want to f*ck your brains out".

confirms that the medical examiner determined the brain wasn't from a human.
My immediate thought was that the 'brain' surface seemed insufficiently-corrugulate to be that of a human. Also, the object looks a lot like an embalmed/pickled/fixed specimen, it has the sheen of a path lab trophy (similar in many ways to the appearance of a boiled organ).

I'm also reminded of aspic suspensions, or similar.

There is clearly at least one purple-ink banknote over on the left, beside the head of a flower. It's possible to presume that the denomination is 'DGRIES 2000' (whateverthehell that really says, reinforced by the large green "000"s printed across it).

2020-09-19 04.56.00.png

There is clearly at least one purple-ink banknote over on the left, beside the head of a flower. It's possible to presume that the denomination is 'DGRIES 2000' (whateverthehell that really says, reinforced by the large green "000"s printed across it).

View attachment 29845
SERIES 2000...?

Could it be some sort of funerary ritual/offering? The notes may be joss paper. ...

I definitely think the most likely explanation is some sort of funerary exercise.

The notion that the 'note' might be joss paper occurred to me as well, but I haven't yet found any images of contemporary ghost money / ancestor money that match the fragments found in the brain packet. Still, some of the features visible in the photo make me think it's almost certainly ancestor money.

In my experience, more likely to be a brain found by a construction worker after a member of the general public has had a cranial prolapse on being faced with the apparently insurmountable conundrum which faces them when not being able to walk in the same direction that they usually do, because someone has put a ped barrier in their way in order to stop them getting killed by something incredibly big and extremely heavy.

In my experience, more likely to be a brain found by a construction worker after a member of the general public has had a cranial prolapse on being faced with the apparently insurmountable conundrum which faces them when not being able to walk in the same direction that they usually do, because someone has put a ped barrier in their way in order to stop them getting killed by something incredibly big and extremely heavy.
Does that win an award for longest sentence?

Unlike Henry James apparently.

Back