• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

This is China we're talking about. A repressive regime. They'd quite happily sacrifice a few of their own people. Their elite people are in no danger - maybe they even have a vaccine. Their economy is recovering right now. They may have been working on the virus for decades - those guys have a lot of patience.
Heh, I agree that China is a land of totalitarian oppression, but in fact their elites ARE in danger, as they are the ones boarding planes. C-19 has been brutal to the elites in the similarly awful regime in Iran, as an example. Now I agree that the CCP is quite happy to sacrifice its citizens for an advantage, in fact most countries will, and I agree that the CCP as it doesn't face elections every few years has a longer institutional knowledge and "patience" than other countries, but if C-19 was manufactured, there would be a series of markers in its RNA that just aren't present. This is a disease that evolved in a bat's bum, not a disease that was CRISPR snipped. As to vaccines, if there was such a thing, it would be next to impossible to keep secret. You might think that the CCP is monolithic and united, but it has factions like any other government of any other nation, and just like the incompetence of the CCP was eventually revealed, so would a secret vaccine. In short, they might be evil, but they aren't that dumb, and they aren't that smart.

Heh, I agree that China is a land of totalitarian oppression, but in fact their elites ARE in danger, as they are the ones boarding planes. C-19 has been brutal to the elites in the similarly awful regime in Iran, as an example. Now I agree that the CCP is quite happy to sacrifice its citizens for an advantage, in fact most countries will, and I agree that the CCP as it doesn't face elections every few years has a longer institutional knowledge and "patience" than other countries, but if C-19 was manufactured, there would be a series of markers in its RNA that just aren't present. This is a disease that evolved in a bat's bum, not a disease that was CRISPR snipped. As to vaccines, if there was such a thing, it would be next to impossible to keep secret. You might think that the CCP is monolithic and united, but it has factions like any other government of any other nation, and just like the incompetence of the CCP was eventually revealed, so would a secret vaccine. In short, they might be evil, but they aren't that dumb, and they aren't that smart.
Never assume that those in government are particularly smort. And three people can keep a secret when two of them are dead.

Never mind all this nonsense, recent TV public service announcements have led me to believe this is an alien attack. I mean, look at that Chief Medical Officer Chris Witty - holy shit, he's not seriously trying to pass himself off as human, is he? Rather than being off sick with coronavirus symptoms, I reckon he's been shedding a skin or replicating himself or something.

In this media-savvy day and age, where everyone is well aware of the importance of public image and how delivery is as important as the message itself, did no-one ask if Dr Hilary Jones was free to make a couple of ads? Who the hell thought it would be good for reptilian Witty to impart warnings and information to the nation?

FFS, I can just imagine him slithering around the empty corridors of Whitehall, looking for rats to eat...

Never mind all this nonsense, recent TV public service announcements have led me to believe this is an alien attack. I mean, look at that Chief Medical Officer Chris Witty - holy shit, he's not seriously trying to pass himself off as human, is he? Rather than being off sick with coronavirus symptoms, I reckon he's been shedding a skin or replicating himself or something.

In this media-savvy day and age, where everyone is well aware of the importance of public image and how delivery is as important as the message itself, did no-one ask if Dr Hilary Jones was free to make a couple of ads? Who the hell thought it would be good for reptilian Witty to impart warnings and information to the nation?

FFS, I can just imagine him slithering around the empty corridors of Whitehall, looking for rats to eat...
Careful, Naughty_Felid might attack you for 'intolerance'. :D

He can't really help the way he looks can he?... Looks a bit like Cummings to me.

Having had a terrible coughing bug the first two weeks of January that no other family member caught off me, and then getting horrendous bronchitis 6 weeks later, I think this new coronavirus is real and wrecks the immune system primarly. Where it came from is another matter, but let's see who benefits.

but let's see who benefits.

Social historians reckon that the Black Death weakened the feudal system fatally. The peasants - well those who survived - were able to demand better conditions or they went elsewhere. I don't see that a massive shut-down of the world economy is quite what the ruling-class plotted in their owl-burnings. Populism seemed to be working for them very well. :dunno:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/coronavirus-causes-effects-real-danger-agenda-id2020/5706153

This is just phase one. Then they develop the vaccine, which we are all so desperate to get we do not question it.

The vaccine contains either a microchip to track us or a slow-release killer virus that will be Covid-20, killing us off in greater numbers next year.

This was all developed in the US and smuggled into China to paint them as the bad guys.

At the same time this will be used to get us to sign up to apps that will track us via our Bluetooth and all physical money will be replaced with a global online currency, which they will control and will be able to remove from us or deduct from if we resist or fight against them.

It is 3am, I don't know what to believe anymore...

This article is from zerohedge, so it must be treated with caution.

It makes two serious claims:

1.) The Chinese were experimenting with Coronaviruses in 2015, and this resulted in a laboratory version of a hybrid coronavirus.
They do not claim that it was Covid 19 though.

2.) The first cases of Covid 19 might have been seen in Italy in October 2019.
[There are numerous first hand accounts on this Forum of members having a nasty flu like bug late 2019/early 2020.]

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...humans-coronavirus-exposed-2015-italian-state

Social historians reckon that the Black Death weakened the feudal system fatally. The peasants - well those who survived - were able to demand better conditions or they went elsewhere. I don't see that a massive shut-down of the world economy is quite what the ruling-class plotted in their owl-burnings. Populism seemed to be working for them very well. :dunno:
"owl burnings" LOL love it. It doesn't seem like a massive shutdown to me, more a huge overhaul and it ain't pretty. We peasants will be vaccinated, tagged and monitored. Just my opinion.

This article is from zerohedge, so it must be treated with caution. ...

This story has been spreading widely - especially from Italian sources.

Caution is indeed required. For one thing, most of the rumor-mill versions of this story refer to a "molecule" called SHC014. There's no such thing. SNC014 is the designation for one of the coronaviruses that infect bats. The full formal label is SHC014-CoV.

It is true that there was research on the SHC014 virus being done in 2015 in Wuhan. However, this research was being pursued as a joint effort by Chinese researchers in Wuhan and American researchers from the University of North Carolina. The research was reviewed by the US NIH and allowed to continue even though a moratorium on such work had gone into effect after this particular project was underway.

This caused a debate on the advisability of pursuing such research. For a summary overview of the issues see:

https://www.nature.com/news/enginee...isky-research-1.18787?WT.mc_id=TWT_NatureNews

In any case, the hybrid coronavirus produced in the course of this research isn't COVID-19, and it's not even close to being COVID-19.

In 2015, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Wuhan Institute of Virology conducted research showing the virus could be made to infect the human HeLa cell line, through the use of reverse genetics to create a chimeric virus consisting of a surface protein of SHC014 and the backbone of a SARS virus. However, it has been shown to differ in over 5,000 nucleotides from SARS-CoV-2, the cause of a human pandemic in 2019-2020.
SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHC014-CoV

Last edited:
I still ask again - With all the concern over the last 10, maybe 20, years about
terrorists using a bioweapon, and considering how effective Covid 19 has been at
disrupting the world's economies - What is the possibility of this actually happening
now? Sure it is possible - More possible if it is perpetrated by an evil group.

Again this post here #649 spells out the logic and plausibility of it being an attack:

The coronavirus: Blueprint for bioterrorism,

And again the last time anything on this scale occurred was the so called
Spanish Flu in 1918 which died down and roared back with a vengeance
ultimately killing an estimated 50 million! Right at the end of WWI
- Did bio-terrorism exist back then? - We know they had poison gas.

Now this from 2017 - A prelude to today?

Is a bioterrorist attack possible?

And this from 2018:

Biological Terrorism: How vulnerable is the UK?

And wasn't it just recently that the United States killed by assassination the so called
military hero IRGC commander Qassem Soleimani from Iran who the West considered to be a leading planer of Iranian terrorism - They swore revenge - Maybe w'ere looking at it now ???

From January 6, 2020:
US assassinated an Iranian general — what comes next?
See whole article here:
https://thehill.com/opinion/international/476863-us-assassinated-an-iranian-general-what-comes-next

Last edited:
I still ask again - With all the concern over the last 10, maybe 20, years about
terrorists using a bioweapon, and considering how effective Covid 19 has been at
disrupting the world's economies - What is the possibility of this actually happening
now? Sure it is possible - More possible if it is perpetrated by an evil group.

Again this post here #649 spells out the logic and plausibility of it being an attack:

The coronavirus: Blueprint for bioterrorism,

And again the last time anything on this scale occurred was the so called
Spanish Flu in 1918 which died down and roared back with a vengeance
ultimately killing an estimated 50 million! Right at the end of WWI
- Did bio-terrorism exist back then? - We know they had poison gas.

Terrorists have an agenda - They don't want to kill themselves off. Creating this sort of stuff is death for everyone.

Why is it so difficult to believe that this is a mutation of a virus? Why believe that the world is a happy, lovely place designed to keep humans safe?

We've been lucky for 70 odd years. It's a wake-up call.

You can bet that if a massive meteor was heading to earth right now someone would be blaming the Chinese.

I thought this newly published article might be of interest and presumably fits within the, 'conspiracy' category.

How an Iranian Airline Tied to Terrorism Likely Spread the Virus (and Lied About It)

Why is Iran the flaming epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic in the Middle East? One of the primary suspects is Mahan Air.

Source: foreignpolicy.com
Date: 30 March, 2020

There are many reasons why Iran has become the Middle East’s flaming epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic. They include the government trying to hide the outbreak; insufficient testing capacity; refusal to cordon off cities and Shiite shrines; superstition, politicization, and propaganda blaming Iran’s usual enemies; and the lack of seriousness in dealing with the crisis.

All these factors undoubtedly play a role, but there is another, far less public suspect for bringing the disease to Iran and worsening its spread among the population: a private Iranian airline tied to the regime’s ideological army and sanctioned by the United States, which continued uninterrupted flights to and from China, including Wuhan, many weeks after the epidemic had already broken out. Bahram Parsaei, a member of Iran’s parliament, recently singled out Mahan Air and Iran’s Civil Aviation Organization as the prime suspects behind the country’s devastating outbreak.

What has made the suspicions worse are contradictory statements and misinformation coming from officials and airline executives. On Jan. 31, the Iranian government announced the suspension of all flights to and from China. But arrival and departure information furnished by Tehran’s Imam Khomeini Airport, as well as by Chinese airports, showed that flights by Mahan Air between both countries continued for another full week—including one direct evacuation flight from Wuhan, ground zero for the virus. Other data showed flights continuing into March.

[...]

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/30/mahan-air-iranian-airline-spread-coronavirus-and-lied-about-it/

A lot of 'China must pay' feeling bubbling around...

How does this work exactly?

If the comments above about the true human cost in China are true then I think we can rule out the conspiracy of this being man made in China to spread to the rest of the world.

As interesting as the biowarfare idea is, the reality is almost certainly this is just a new powerful strain.

If it came from the Chinese wet market are we really taking this approach? Heavy sanctions and 'must pay' recriminations because a culture's bizarre to us diet was the cause?

So if CJD had gone pandemic would the rest of the world have been lining British and a French farmers up against the wall. Seems a pretty culturally insensitive, borderline racist approach.

If China are looking to capitalise on the situation for economic benefit, is this a trait we don't see in the West? Again, add very colonial do as we say not as we do approach.

The reaction strikes me as fear that our strong and comfortable position in the West is under threat and, damn it, we need to put Charlie Chan and Co in their place, what ho?

Exactly the kind of conflict-mongering that will see us through this turbulent period and immediately into a new Cold War scenario goading China until we can find a legitimate reason to go to war. The last thing any of us needs.

Superb post McAvennie!

The `blame China` meme has become the new defualt mode among a certain type of conservative political commentator these past few weeks. It is interesting to note that they have taken to referring to China as `Communist China` more and more, in an effort to promote a kind of cold war mentality and to give a political edge to their Sinophobia.

Let me state at the outset that I have never been to China. I do, however, have close friends who have spent a fair bit of time there and once had a fairly close Chinese friend from mainland China.

And on the basis of this, I can tell you all that China is not - by almost any way you might want to measure it - a `communist country`. It is not even `communist` in the Stalinist Soviet sense - at least post-Mao. Rather it is a free market economy oversen by a very authoritarian state.

In fact it is ironic that some conservatives object to the place so much - as China, in many ways embodies the kind of conservaticve approach that many of these commentators would favour: it is a hard-working, hierarchical and family orientated society and very succesful in terms of its capitalism too.

Another irony is that there are people of more - shall we say - moderate views who have, for a while, being trying to call Western governments attention to human rights abuses within China and arguing that they need to be more circumspect in dealing with the Chinese government - but their pleas, for the most part, were trumped by `live-in-the-real-world` economics of trade deals.

I shall have a look at the video linked above (I rarely give David Icke much credence, though as a true Fortean, my mind is open to everything, but trusting in much less).

Meantime: can I highly-commend for your consideration the following video statement by the interesting and evidently-intelligent Dr Vernon Coleman.

It's only investing around 12mins of your time, but you may genuinely find his calm collation of facts inescapably-correct (and his conclusions difficult to entirely-reject)

Interesting. However, I don't really trust this guy. I am aware of his sillier-than-average stance on a certain Nameless Issue that begins with `B` and ends in `t` and has `x` in the middle.

There is one thing he said that did resonate with me however. That is when hementioned AIDS. I can well remember the panic over AIDS in the Eighties and up to the early Nineties (when it suddenly seemed to fizzle out and be forgotten about).

At the time it was made out that anyome could catch it if they had unprotected sex with anyone - and that it was the new bubonic plague that would kill millions. You could even get it by kissing people.

The government put out TV adverts warning young people not to have casual sex. Moral conservatives were unable to conceal their glee at this turn of events. The condom industry, meanwhile, was doing a roaring trade.

But it became more and more apparent that the disease was only really affecting at risk gropus for the most part - certain types of drug users and promiscuous gay men.

Indeed, many people in those risk groups did die from it in certain cities around the world - I know about that and I'm not trying to minimise this.

But, for the rest of us - who really worries about AIDS now? I can't recal the last time it was mentioned.

Yep, the Chinese will be rigging elections and sending genetically enhanced boxers to fight Rocky next if we believe the narrative currently being whipped up.

Amazing how quick they have been passed the Blame parcel from Russia.

The latest campaign in the papers seems to be to try and get everyone to wear face masks. Despite the fact that the diagrams they publish with the rantings (do the rantings have a common source?) clearly show that coronovairus bugs are too small to be filtered out by any of the facemasks one can buy.

It's time we ran out of patience with this nonsense. Everyone is contradicting everyone else and it is promoting panic and disillusion. The honest position is that no-one is quite sure what the best course of action is. The best outcomes - so far - seem to be in those administrations that went in for early and intensive tracking, but that option is no longer available for countries that already have a large swathe of untracked infections (as is certainly the case in most of Europe).

Governments must increasingly take cognisance of one clear fact among all this. The costs - in money, jobs and collapsed businesses -of taking the current lock-down approach will severely damage the economies of those countries for years to come. That in turn will reduce average life span in those countries. This must be offset against the lives saved by continuing lock-downs beyond the immediate future. If we stay in lockdown for six months it will be disastrous.

If the media continue to raise hysteria then they will simply cause further despair when those decisions - that are likely to cost extra lives short-term - have to be faced up to and made. I'm disappointed that yet again the BBC seems unable to present a larger more responsible picture but is, just as much as the worst tabloids, determined to nit-pick.

Last edited:
Terrorists have an agenda - They don't want to kill themselves off. Creating this sort of stuff is death for everyone.
Terrorists want to achieve terror to make negotiating with them seem preferable, it's true. As to whether religious fanatics might decide to unleash a doomsday plague, well thankfully most of them hate science and so would never have the intellectual chops to get good enough at biology to make one.
Why is it so difficult to believe that this is a mutation of a virus? Why believe that the world is a happy, lovely place designed to keep humans safe?
I accept that this is a natural evolution of an existing virus, as that is what the best evidence points to. As to the world being designed to keep humans safe, well, no, that is the world we try to build for ourselves.
We've been lucky for 70 odd years. It's a wake-up call.
The years 1720, 1820, and 1920 have all been plague years. Why would 2020 be any different?
You can bet that if a massive meteor was heading to earth right now someone would be blaming the Chinese.
C'mon, they'd be blaming NASA, not the CCP.

"Terrorists have an agenda - They don't want to kill themselves off."

Except for them pesky suicide bombers of course.

The latest campaign in the papers seems to be to try and get everyone to wear face masks. Despite the fact that the diagrams they publish with the rantings (do the rantings have a common source?) clearly show that coronovairus bugs are too small to be filtered out by any of the facemasks one can buy.

What papers? I haven't read this, but then I avoid most of the papers. Since even the NHS can't get enough of the effective masks at the moment, it's fairly pointless. Just journalistic blather. Why upset yourself reading this stuff?

My suggestion - avoid the Mail, Express, Sun, & maybe a few more - they're full of shit. I wouldn't even use them to wipe my arse if the bog roll should run out.

Aaaah.......silly me.....I've just realised WHY the government are not rushing to get an antibody test out to the general public.

Imagine this scenario;
Accurate, reliable, antibody test made generally available.
Public use antibody test.
More than 50% of tests show previous exposure & therefore immunity.
= Massive backlash from the general public "Why have we been staying home for the past month?!"

The longer the government can delay making the antibody test widely available, the greater the opportunity for them to say that infection with a very mild form of covid-19 must have happened during the 'lockdown' period and not before (e.g last november as many people are saying).

Aaaah.......silly me.....I've just realised WHY the government are not rushing to get an antibody test out to the general public.

Imagine this scenario;
= Massive backlash from the general public "Why have we been staying home for the past month?!"

The longer the government can delay making the antibody test widely available, the greater the opportunity for them to say that infection with a very mild form of covid-19 must have happened during the 'lockdown' period and not before (e.g last november as many people are saying).

I doubt it was as early as last November. But clearly a lot of people are convinced they already have had it, and they will eventually be able to test.

I think our (UK) government were proceeding quite sensibly until they were panicked two weeks ago by claims of enormous numbers of deaths - alas from a source that has been dramatically wrong in the past.

Imagine this scenario;

No one had the COVID-19 infection here previously. It is very contagious and would have been killing people in swathes before now. The deaths occurring now are of people who caught this 4 weeks ago, not before.

No one had the COVID-19 infection here previously. It is very contagious and would have been killing people in swathes before now. The deaths occurring now are of people who caught this 4 weeks ago, not before.

Since no-one knows how many people have had COVID-19 we equally don't know how many people it kills per infection. Even the UK government have suggested they think 600,000 people have been infected. The common cold (which is a coronavirus) is astonishingly infectious but it only kills a very few people.

Edit: The 13 year old victim actually died of cardiac arrest. Now, was that caused by the coronavirus or not? This is hysteria in action - rushing to say things before the actual facts are available.

Last edited:
... Amazing how quick they have been passed the Blame parcel from Russia.

Almost as amazing as the fact conspiracy-minded speculators haven't woven this shift of blame (and potential sanctions) into their proposed explanations for what's really going on ...

Back