• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Creepy mobile phone photo - As real as it gets!!!

Ronson8 said:
merriman_weir said:
The first half of my last post was honest. The OP played a clever card in that they didn't actually point out what any of us were meant to see and left it to our creative imaginations.
Well it was so obvious, it didn't really need to be pointed out.

I was fairly certain I'd posted a reply to this before I left the house this morning. :?:

Anyway...

Well "obvious" is obviously in the eye of the beholder because I'm not seeing what you are apparently.

As I said in the other post I see two 'wig heads' or 'Girl's World' type heads with the typical elongated necks. One, outlined in blue, with blonde hair with the back of the head towards us, with short curly-ish hair or an 'up do' or whatever it is women call it. To the right, outlined in red, a side-on view of one with long brown hair.

2aj2iw2.jpg

merriman... Take a look at my first post on here with the illustration, then look further down where I too see what I am meant to. It took some time to see, but you will eventually.

Can you see him now?

photoua3.jpg

coaly said:
merriman... Take a look at my first post on here with the illustration, then look further down where I too see what I am meant to. It took some time to see, but you will eventually.

Can you see him now?

photoua3.jpg

Hmm, not really, no. It's a him? The 'blonde' one, using my description, could possibly be a bald man, or perhaps a skinhead looking towards the viewer now, I suppose.

As a caveat, I perhaps should explain that, thanks to the milky wonder of cataracts, I'm practically blind in one eye and my 'good' eye isn't as great as it once was. That said, whilst text is getting difficult, with a bit of head bobbing and a lot of squinting, I can normally make out images - to the extent that I can still find my way around photoshop.

coaly said:

Can you see him now?

photoua3.jpg

ET. It's the ghost of ET. Now I know why there's never been a sequel!

:(

Nope......
definitely Lord Voldemort and Meg White (from the White Stripes) having a little kissy on the back step :kiss:

This is the best I can do to push your focus on the alternative. It took me ages, and I realised, that the sofa arm, and shadow, (if that's what the two objects behind the door pane are), are behind the "ghost's" face. I reduced the form of the dark and light behind, to bring up the 'face' for you. Can you see it now? It's like training your mind to see those 3D picture things.
photoua4.jpg

God, I'm spending a lot of time on this, and I don't even believe in bloody ghosts! :lol:

coaly said:
God, I'm spending a lot of time on this, and I don't even believe in bloody ghosts! :lol:
I'm not convinced, either, but you've neatly isolated the "face" that most of us have been seeing. Hopefully, those who have struggled to see it up to now will see what the rest of us have been on about! They must have thought we were nutters or dreamers.

Looks a bit like the meercat in the Disney movie Timon & Tumbaa.

To be fair, I once posted a still from a pubs' CCTV camera of an image on the film. As it was winter I personally had discounted an insect. While people expect an unbiased assessment, I was a little unprepared for some of the sarcasm that camemy way. I've been on here longer now and know better. :D

My daughter once sent me a photo of her and a friend in a nightclub, with a man barging rudely past them. He'd turned into a apooky blur and I posted the photo on here with an explanation and the comment that it looked like a regular 'ghost' photo.

It was clear from some of the responses it raised that people weren't reading the text. They thought I was trying to fool them with it and told me straight that the 'ghost' was probably someone walking past. :roll:

Reminded me that as some people are too busy giving their own opinion to listen to what's going on, they probably haven't learned much along the way. :lol:

Escargot, that photo was clearly fake or a person just wlaking by and got blurred by the slow shutter of the camera in the dim light. Don't try and peddle your fake shxt here, we are above that kind of forgerous activity that gives us Forteans a bad name and makes a mockery of .....

....oh, I see what you mean. :oops:

Don't try to patronise me. I have taken HUNDREDS of photos of people walking past and know EXACTLY what they look like. :evil:

Oh, wait, yeah... :oops:

:lol:

Although we are investigating some serious stuff on these boards :) I love that it is occasionally punctuated with some very genuinely funny distractions.
Keeps us grounded I think.

that is definitely a ghost there. a short bald one with a big 'ead. no point arguing, i can see the bugger!

I once looked for ghosts on my pictures [as you do :oops: ]. Eventually I found one where a figure stood as clear as the day visible on the switched off TV screen. Head, beart, friendly man shoulders, light between legs = a person. However on the picture were only me and my husband sitting on a sofa.
I looked so long, I couldn't find an explanation, until my husband looked and showed me how by the way we sat etc, we 'made' a man shaped figure. I have to say, it was quite a brain drain to see it but it was true. Basically whay looks like a beardy smilers face is actually the back of my husband's head.
If I can be arsed [and I normally can't, because its such a pain to put images on here] I might post it.
What I am trying to say is, that even if you can't see what is causing a fuzzy ghostlike simulacra, there might still be a reason other than ghost.

I'll have a look now if I can be bothered to post :roll:
Edit to add: This was in the 90's!
Edit: I actually did it...so much work:
03_19_edit.jpg

The face in Liam's photo looks like Nikolai Morozov to me! Though now if I squint, he looks a bit like he's wearing Tsar Nicholas II's beard. :lol:

Probably a simulacra, but interesting all the same.

Back