• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Crisps (Potato Chips & Similar Snacks)

Yith:

Are you suggesting a change of name to 'Pussy Munch'?

It certainly conjures up some images...

...and probably would guarantee a complaint or two.

Have you contacted them with your suggestion?

Physick said:
Yith:

Are you suggesting a change of name to 'Pussy Munch'?

Have you contacted them with your suggestion?

It's funny you mention that. Whilst *ahem* under the influence of certain substances, we (mates) did get as far as scrawling a note on the back of a napkin to the customer satisfaction address but it never got sent.

"Pussy Munch" - we can't be sure that 'nice and spicy' nicknaks don't already hold the copyright for a future name change when the world becomes more liberal and develops a sense of humour.

Whatever happened to those bacon snack-things that were made to look like peices of fried streaky bacon?

I've heard pork Scratchings are lo-carb, therefore good for Atkins Dieters.

Stormkhan said:
Whatever happened to those bacon snack-things that were made to look like peices of fried streaky bacon?
Frazzles? I think you still get those.

not as good as they used to be tho :(

Chicken in a Basket crisps used to be great but as to:

As, in crisp-terms, is the reduction of the once mighty Monster Munch from 'Monster' to 'Pussy' size.

I suppose it does depend on the size of the ahem feline. Or as a friend of mine once commented "there's nothing worse than having to play your organ in a Cathedral".

Gyrtrash said:
I've mentioned them before on a thread; Scampi flavour Nik-Naks :shock:

HA, my school banned scampi nik naks, the whole place must have stunk pretty badly to achieve a total ban, maybe we should have argued our point more, surely they didnt have the right to tell us what to eat.

for frazzles try Boots Shapers bacon Crispies!

Space Raiders: Are they still only 10p?

Curly Whirlys aren't....

To digress a little, heard this on five live this morning:

Customer: I'll have a pack of helicopter crisps please.

Shopkeeper: We don't have any of those.

Customer: Never mind, I'll make do with plain.

:)

Mars bars for 5p ... and they were bigger. So were waggon wheels. And curlywurly's (back when Terry Scott advertised them). And Le Snickers were Marathons and Spangles ruled the Earth!

Whatever happened to mojos and blackjacks? Then again, the penny sweets have nearly all disappeared!

*Sob!*

Pickled onion flavoured Monster Munch is required for therapy!

*sigh* Spangles. And Pez. Opal Fruits (and they will always be Opal Fruits, not whatever silly name is on the packet now!)

Anyone else notice how miniscule Fig Rolls have become? You can get a whole one in your mouth now and still have space. A disgrace.

Scarlettt said:
Anyone else notice how miniscule Fig Rolls have become? You can get a whole one in your mouth now and still have space. A disgrace.

Perhaps your mouth just got bigger... ;)

Fresh figs are great ... and give you a very good reason to swipe fig leaves off any scantily-clad young ladies reinacting early Biblical scenes.

I'm waiting...

Flick said:
So maybe Eve tempted Adam with the forbidden Fig Roll?

I'm told that the 'forbidden fruit' in the Garden of Eden is sometimes identified as a fig in Judiac literature.

Beany said:
Flick said:
So maybe Eve tempted Adam with the forbidden Fig Roll?

I'm told that the 'forbidden fruit' in the Garden of Eden is sometimes identified as a fig in Judiac literature.

The fruit of forbidden passion: Forbidden Passion Fruit...

We had a thread about the 'forbidden fruit' way back in the mists of time. here

Roysters T-Bone steak flavour crisps are quite a unique experience. They are dry roasted, giving a non-greasy feel and odd bubbled texture, although I think they are made from molded rather than sliced potato. The T-bone steak flavour is reminiscent of it's namesake (if you like your steak salty) but has it's own unique charm...

I am a confirmed addict but they seem to be only fitfully available in London. My wife knows a place around the back of Victoria Bus Station and occasionally brings a packet home for me as a special treat.

Patrick H

Quite 'dusty' textured IIRC. Good though.

The dust is for the finger-licking post crisp treat.

Patrick H

Patrick H said:
The dust is for the finger-licking post crisp treat.

Patrick H

Well considered. Quite, quite true.

Scarlettt said:

And Wagon Wheels?
They were two-handed, jaw-dislocating, man-hole-sized monsters when I was a bairn!

Now they're like puny 'coasters' of chocolate...
Pah!

My friend's Mum worked for KP many moons ago, and she used to bring home experimentally flavoured crisps for us to try sometimes. It had to be said that most of them were foul, as there were fruit flavoured. The rankest one had to be the banana flavoured crisps :nooo:

On the subject of Scampi and Lemon Nik Naks, I was always disappointed that they disappeared off our shelves. However, lo and behold, they reappeared last year! I have to buy two packs at a time. They're just so nice :p

Am I imagining that for a while there were curry flavour Hula Hoops? And maybe barbecue chicken too. What ever happened to them? If I haven't just dreamt them up then they were great.

Flick said:
Am I imagining that for a while there were curry flavour Hula Hoops? And maybe barbecue chicken too. What ever happened to them? If I haven't just dreamt them up then they were great.

they did nacho cheese. i liked those, because they tasted like cheese doritos (which last time i checked were still non-vegetarian).

Back