Cruelty To Animals (née Animal Attacks)

ChrisBoardman

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
If you hate cruelty to animals then don't type 'goldfish vs piranha' into youtube.

FelixAntonius

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
From todays Daily Telegraph:-

Zoo's star cockerel dies after being chased by children

Jack the Cockerel dies after running into tree while being chased by children

By Nicola Harley

6:45PM BST 20 Aug 2015

A zoo's star cockerel has been killed after running unto a tree while being chased by children.

The children were seen harassing and chasing poultry in the farmyard area at Tropical Wings Zoo in South Woodham Ferrers, Essex, while a group of adults looked on laughing.

The cockerel, called Jack, crashed into a tree while trying to escape from the children on Wednesday.

Zoo manager Jay Wood told the BBC: "In the farmyard we have three roaming Orpington chickens and on this occasion, and the only occasion we've ever experienced, some kids were behaving incredibly badly and harassed the cockerel so much that he ran into hiding, but while doing that he ran into a tree and passed away.

A general view of the entrance to Tropical Wings ZooA general view of the entrance to Tropical Wings Zoo Photo: SWNS

"It's very upsetting to see or hear about such behaviour in our zoo. We don't tolerate that behaviour to our animals."

He said the zoo would be having "discussions in-house about further action we'll be taking", including possibly going to the police.

"We love what we do here, we're very saddened by the whole event because we work towards a clear mission to provide the best possible welfare for all the animals in our care," he added.

The zoo said in a statement on Facebook that other visitors had photographed the family and if they tried to return they will be barred.

It said: "We are incredibly sad and disgusted that a family allowed their group of children to harass and chase poultry in our farmyard area, resulting in the death of a much-loved cockerel.

"Keepers nearby were alerted to the situation and reacted quickly but sadly could not save the animal.

"Senior management were on the scene within minutes and witnesses described what had occurred, but the offenders were not identified as they had left the area.

"We now however gratefully appreciate that visitors have since come forward with a photograph of the offending family and their description of the appalling event, during which the adults in the family group reportedly laughed at the traumatic outcome.

"The visitors did not feel comfortable to identify the offenders at the time and they needed to assure themselves that these offenders had left the site before feeling able to come forward.

"Sadly we were unable to apprehend this family at the time but staff will be provided with this photograph should they try to visit our zoo again. They will of course be banned."

The zoo said its staff have been left "shocked and devastated" by the incident.

It added: "We will never tolerate this behaviour towards any of our animals and staff will always intervene if they see visitors acting inappropriately. Interactive animal areas can only work with the co-operation of our visitors and any that abuse this opportunity will be asked to leave. Children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times whilst within the zoo.

"We apologise to all visitors who witnessed this abhorrent behaviour and please be assured we will do our utmost to ensure such an incident will never occur in the future."

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ear...erel-dies-after-being-chased-by-children.html

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Beheaded swan found by children at Cornish beauty spot - WARNING: potentially distressing images
By WBJeff | Posted: August 20, 2015

TWO young children found a beheaded swan in a creek near Truro.
Grandmother Theresa Whittaker was "disgusted" that anyone could kill the majestic animal near her home at Restronguet, and feared more could be found.

Mrs Whittaker said dozens of the birds had been in Restronguet Creek, behind her home, before her grandchildren, Brooke, 8, and 6-year-old Harper Oliver, who are visiting from Somerset, came across the distressing sight on the water's edge.
She said: "Over the past three or four days we've had 20 or 30 of them in the creek. Normally there are about 17, but have been more in the past week.
"We can only see four today so maybe more dead ones will be found.
"My grandchildren went out to feed them this morning and came in and told us what they found. They're really distressed. It's not a nice thing to see at all.
"Now I can't let them swim there."

Mrs Whittaker, 65, and her husband John, who are semi-retired from the hairdressing industry, said this was the first time they had seen such a dreadful act since moving to the area six years ago, although she had heard of such incidents elsewhere.
"It's absolutely disgusting," she added. "I don't understand people who would want to do that at all. They're just beautiful and why would you do it?
"I've previously heard suggestions that people have killed them to eat them, which is bad enough, and they're protected anyway."
Mr Whittaker said Cornwall Council's environmental health department was due to remove the carcass late this morning.

Killing a swan is an offence under UK law. The birds belong to the Crown under an ancient charter and are also protected by the Wildlife And Countryside Act. Swans are the property of The Queen and anyone who harms them may be prosecuted for criminal damage.
Until 1998 killing or injuring a swan was classed as treason, under an ancient law dating back to the 12th century.

Read more: http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Beheade...tory-27645268-detail/story.html#ixzz3jWnIHwdi

tastyintestines

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Cat’s tongue severed, left on window sill

AUBURN, Ind. (WANE) Auburn Police are looking for someone who allegedly cut the tongue out of a house cat and left it on the window sill of its owner.

Carrot (Facebook)
The sun had just set on Sunday, Aug. 30 when Auburn Police were called to a home in the West Edge Trailer Court. There, Nicole Hart had just found her 2-year-old cat, Carrot, its fur blood-soaked, its tongue severed and placed on a window sill.

According to our news-gathering partners KPC News, Carrott had been outside for about an hour that evening. Hart first found blood in her garage, KPC reported. Then Hart found her cat.

“Just then, she jumped through the window, and she was just covered in blood,” Hart told KPC News.

“She’s got about a half a tongue left,” Hart said. “It’s a clean cut, so the vet knows it was cut off.”

She added, “There might have been more than one doing it, because no cat’s going to let you cut their tongue. She’s one of the most loving cats you’ll see, and the sad part is they probably just coaxed her to them.”

Auburn Police Chief Martin McCoy said his investigators have no leads and no suspects in the crime he called “heinous.” He told Newschannel 15 on Wednesday that he suspects more than one person was involved but he’s really not sure. McCoy asked that anyone with any information contact his office at (260) 920-3200.

“Whoever is responsible is a sick individual,” McCoy told Newschannel 15.

For now, though, Carrot is healing. The 2-year-old feline was treated by veterinarians at Auburn Hills Animal Hospital. Hart told KPC he is traumatized, but healing well. The cat has to drink kitten formula from a bottle and water from a syringe, and eat wet food, she said.

Hart added that Carrot is struggling to bathe himself without a tongue.

With veterinarian bills collecting, Hart has launched a GoFundMe account. The Justice for Carrot Top (Carrot) page has raised $610 to date.

Money helps. Justice, though, would help heal.

“Whoever did this,” Hart told KPC, “they need to be stopped.”

http://wane.com/2015/09/09/cats-tongue-severed-left-on-window-sill/

I hope I find him before the cops get him/her. :mad:

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
Reaction score
Cat’s tongue severed, left on window sill

http://wane.com/2015/09/09/cats-tongue-severed-left-on-window-sill/

I hope I find him before the cops get him/her. :mad:
This is a very strange story.

Assuming that this is genuine (and not a hoax of some sort), some form of anesthesis must've been used, even to gain access to hold the tongue. Not animal:animal interaction? Not guillotined, by licking a dropped window?

Note that this is a rare example of reciprocated ostension of an English language idiom

"What's the matter, cat got your tongue?"

This immediately hit me, from the story headline.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
What kind of horror would do that to a cat?
Whoever they are, they may move onto humans next. Action now!

kamalktk

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Man bites dog? Old news.

Toddler bites poisonous snake! To Death!

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2015/11/03/brazilian-boy-bites-kills-poisonous-snake/

"A mother whose 17-month-old son was playing in their backyard found the boy covered in blood while holding a poisonous snake in his mouth.
The boy had blood in his mouth and on his hands, and acted as if the snake was one of his toys, refusing to release the animal, Ferreira said, adding that she needed help from her husband to force the child to open his mouth.

The snake has been identified as a jararaca, an Amazonian viper that is one of the most venomous snakes in the Americas."

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Yes I thought of Hercules too.

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
This mountain lion was cruelly treated for years, but finally there is a happy ending:
Watch Mufasa the mountain lion get released into the wild after spending 20 years chained in the back of a circus van
Mufasa is believed to have been the last wild animal in a Peruvian circus before his rescue
Chloe Farand

[Video - no commentary, just good music.]

A mountain lion, which is believed to be have been the last wild animal in a Peruvian circus, has been freed from the back of a truck where he had been chained for 20 years and released into the wild.
The mountain lion Mufasa was kept at the back of a pick-up truck with rusting circus equipment as the Peruvian circus, Circo Koreander, was moving across remote villages.

He was freed after an eight-hour stand-off between police and members of the circus and was released into Animal Defenders International's (ADI) Spirit of Freedom, a rescue centre near Lima for rehabilitation.

In 2011, Peru banned wild animals in circuses and campaigners at ADI continue to support the authorities to enforce the law.
In April, the ADI received information that a mountain lion was illegally kept chained by Circo Koreander circus, with a heavy harness and chains wrapped around his body.

In what they have described as a “dramatic” raid, the ADI and wildlife officials, supported by riot police, rescued Mufasa from the truck where he had been chained for 20 years, after being taken from the wild as a cub.
Mufasa was brought back to health in the rehabilitation centre and released in September in the Tambopata reserve in the Amazon rainforest in southeastern Peru, which harbours some of the least impacted habitat in the world.

ADI President Jan Creamer, who led the rescue team in Peru, described the site of Mufasa at the back of the pick-up truck as “heartbreaking" and said: “It is magical to see him moving about in and out of the trees in his own piece of protected forest.
"Mufasa was torn from the wild and has endured the worst possible life and will need special care so I hope people will help us give him a wonderful retirement by making a donation today.”

Nearly 100 animals have been rescued by the ADI and relocated to protected habitats in the Amazon since the start of an operation in January.
Peru is the second South American country to ban wild animals in circuses after Bolivia’s ban in 2009, the first country to ban all use of domestic and wild animals in circuses.
So far, 17 countries, not including the UK, have banned wild animals in circuses.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...pending-20-years-chained-in-the-a6743316.html

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Police Chief Andrew Spencer of Sparta, MO resigned this week after it was revealed that hebrutally murdered a lost puppy whose owners had been desperately searching for him. Upon discovering the dog – Chase – right outside his owner’s home, Spencer reportedly herded it into a cage with a catcher pole, drove to the local gun range, mercilessly assassinated the puppy in its cage, and then dumped the body in the local “sludge field.”

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/police-chief-resigns-after-killing-lost-puppy-for-target-practice/

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I looked out of my bedroom window the other Saturday morning to see my nuts neighbours pulling in, in their car. They must have assumed no-one was in to see what they did next: I looked out cos I heard the woman screaming "Get out of the effing car, NOW!" and I assumed it was aimed at one of their kids and I better witness it just in case.

But it was the dog. She hauled it out of the car boot (sedan car with boot, not a 'dog area' at the back of the car). This dog had never been walked or taken anywhere, ever in the 2 years they have lived there so that it was out with them was in itself weird.

She literally hurled it to the floor where the man kicked it hard in the stomach 4 times. I'm 50 odd and this is the worst thing I have seen in my life. They had their toddler stood between them and she watched the whole thing totally unperturbed. Then they went in.

I rang the RSPCA. It turns out, they came out at some point (not that day) but the bastards were out so they helpfully left a calling card. In the time between that and the inspector finally coming out, the neighbours (I heard later) took the dog back and forth to the vets - turned out it had been ill for ages (cancer) presumably they had been ignoring symptoms but now they knew an RSPCA visit was imminent - suddenly it's a pretence of caring for this poor dog.

It was a lovely, seemingly harmless black lab. It was put to sleep about a week later. I know because my son and I heard digging and went to look at the back window - the bloke was digging a one foot deep grave (I kid you not) with a kiddies' seaside spade (nutjob). He dumped the dog in, covered it with a few inches of soil then literally trampled up and down on it.

At this point I assumed he had killed the dog so rang the RSPCA again. They said they'd come out as a priority job and necropsy the dog. But it turned out, the inspector had seen it the day before, heard it had been taken back and forth to the vets in the last week, so assumed caring owners and malicious neighbour. She did tell me when she spoke to me on the phone (they ring you with the 'outcome' if you make a complaint) that a dog can take a real kicking and not have a mark on it. Recently a man locally got prison for kicking a dog in a similar way - it had no mark on it, but they could prosecute because a neighbour had filmed it on his phone.

I said they clearly hate this poor animal - I refuse to believe for a second, seeing the way they treat it, they'd pay out for a vet at all. She said they didn't - it was the PDSA vet so all it would cost them is a small donation.

Bottom line? If you don't film it - it never happened. She said they could have done something if another neighbour or passer by had also seen it. Bad luck my decent neighbour was in the bath and heard nothing.

I've already heard these twats talking about going out to get a puppy and - quote - "not any rescue shit".

Totally upsetting and frustrating. I now go to bed with my phone charged and on the window sill.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Well done for reporting it.
Why on Earth do people like that get a dog? I just can't understand horrible people like that.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I can't understand people like that either.
I hate it when animals are put in a boot.
My daughter once minded a rabbit which belonged to a woman at her work. She lavished love and care on it only to have the woman collect it and put it in the boot, while we stared in horror.
She minded it once more but its spirit was broken and it was very unfriendly so after that she refused to mind it if that family was going away.

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
They're psychopaths - both of them. All anyone down this street can do now is watch and wait and hope one of us can film something, as we won't be believed otherwise. What a shit world we live in now. I still can't believe what I saw and I suppose I should be grateful one of my kids wasn't looking out of the window when it happened.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
I never understood either, why do they have any animals if they are going to be cruel, personally i think it maybe because they cant take their rage out on a human as they would kick the shit out of them back
Kudos to you for reporting them

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
More evil cuntish cruelty in the news,

Dog 'dumped' in Birkenhead cemetery 'had all its bones broken'
26 January 2016
From the section Liverpool

A dog found abandoned in a cemetery had been so badly treated that every bone in its body had been broken.
The RSPCA has released photos of the pet, which was found in Prenton, Birkenhead, Wirral, on Saturday and later put down.
Animal welfare officer John Littlewood said it was the most severely injured dog he had ever helped.
It is hoped the images could lead to information to help catch whoever is responsible.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-35407714?SThisFB

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Cat killer 'strikes again'
10 April 2016 • 7:05pm

A ginger cat was found decapitated sparking fears that the 'Croydon Cat Killer' has struck again.
The body of the ginger moggy was discovered on Saturday afternoon in the fourth death reported in the past week.

The South Norwood Animal Rescue Liberty confirmed the cat's death in Thornton Heath, south London.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/10/cat-killer-strikes-again/

Lots of cat mutilations happening in London lately, whilst reading through James Whitehead's link over on Gibbering Insanity I found this interesting letter from FT132.

''Many people were concerned about the number of pet cats disappearing last year [FT120:22-23], not least myself. I wrote to the Pagan Federation who were due to hold an Open Ritual at the University of London Union to ask if we could invoke the Egyptian Cat Goddess Bast to help stop the murders and mutilations. The Open Ritual took place on 29 October 1998 to celebrate Samhain (Hallowe’en). When the main ritual was over, those of us who had raised the point about the cat murders walked into the Circle and called upon Bast. We asked that those responsible for the murders and mutilations be brought to justice and that the crimes stop. A cone of power was raised and some people claimed to have witnessed the shadow of a giant cat present, although I personally did not see it. We felt that our request had indeed been granted. It is interesting to note from your report that the murders stopped suddenly in late 1998. I firmly believe this was the work of Bast. Lynn Hall, The Pagan Federation, BM Box 7097, London WC1N 3XX.''

http://www.angelfire.com/weird/junkyard/unnatural.html

Last edited:

MorningAngel

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/10/cat-killer-strikes-again/

Lots of cat mutilations happening in London lately, whilst reading through James Whitehead's link over on Gibbering Insanity I found this interesting letter from FT132.

''Many people were concerned about the number of pet cats disappearing last year [FT120:22-23], not least myself. I wrote to the Pagan Federation who were due to hold an Open Ritual at the University of London Union to ask if we could invoke the Egyptian Cat Goddess Bast to help stop the murders and mutilations. The Open Ritual took place on 29 October 1998 to celebrate Samhain (Hallowe’en). When the main ritual was over, those of us who had raised the point about the cat murders walked into the Circle and called upon Bast. We asked that those responsible for the murders and mutilations be brought to justice and that the crimes stop. A cone of power was raised and some people claimed to have witnessed the shadow of a giant cat present, although I personally did not see it. We felt that our request had indeed been granted. It is interesting to note from your report that the murders stopped suddenly in late 1998. I firmly believe this was the work of Bast. Lynn Hall, The Pagan Federation, BM Box 7097, London WC1N 3XX.''

http://www.angelfire.com/weird/junkyard/unnatural.html
Interesting, so we need to round up some pagans to stop this evil person.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
A lucky black cat has made a "miraculous" recovery after suffering 30 separate shotgun wounds.

Three-year-old Puss-Puss was found earlier this month, dragging her paws and covered in blood, after disappearing from her home in Ardleigh, Essex, for about a week.

She was rushed to a vet where X-rays revealed she had pellet injuries all over her body.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...s-being-shot-more-than-30-times-a6985331.html

RyoHazuki

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
No, that's unfair to Bastards...

Slightly over-sensationalised headlines however - as miraculous as her survival was after taking 30 pellets, being shot 30 times would've rendered her practically non-existent.