• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Diana Death Conspiracy?

Diana Predicted Own Death!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13533662_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-DIANA%2DLETTER%2DSENSATION%2D%2D%2DTHEY%2DWILL%2DTRY%2DTO%2DKILL%2DME%2D-name_page.html

She apparently say 'they' will kill her in car crash months before.
DIANA LETTER SENSATION: 'THEY WILL TRY TO KILL ME'

Oct 20 2003

WORLD EXCLUSIVE

By Jane Kerr, Royal reporter

PRINCESS DIANA claimed there was a plot to kill her in a car crash in a handwritten letter only 10 months before she died. She gave it to her butler Paul Burrell with orders that he should keep it as "insurance" for the future.

The princess predicted: “This particular phase in my life is the most dangerous.” She said “ is planning ‘an accident’ in my car, brake failure and serious head injury in order to make the path clear for Charles to marry”.

In the letter, revealed by the Daily Mirror today, Diana named who she believed was plotting to kill her. But the Mirror is not able to repeat the allegation for legal reasons so we have blanked that part of the letter out.

PLOT: Diana made her accusation in a letter given to butler Paul Burrell

The document will fuel the conspiracy theories which have raged in the six years since she was killed in a Paris car crash.

But it also appears to bring fresh importance to a warning by the Queen that there were “powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge”.

The Queen was speaking to Burrell at Buckingham Palace in a meeting that would prove crucial in the collapse of his trial for theft.

Now, plagued by that meeting and deeply troubled that there has still been no inquest in Britain into the death of Diana and her boyfriend Dodi Fayed, Burrell has come forward with the stunning new evidence.

In his new book A Royal Duty the former servant – cleared last year of stealing Diana’s possessions – claims she began to worry about her security TWO YEARS before her death and that this led her to record her fears in the document.

Before sealing the letter in an envelope marked “Paul”, the princess told him: “I’m going to date this and I want you to keep it ... just in case.”

In the second paragraph of the document, written in October 1996, Diana explained in the plainest possible language that she was convinced of the plot to mastermind an accident.

Burrell describes in his book the events that led the princess to write the document at her desk in Kensington Palace.

Diana’s divorce from Prince Charles had been finalised less than two months earlier.

The princess, who had cut down on her charities to focus on Aids, leprosy and victims of homelessness, was enjoying huge public support.

But according to Burrell, by the autumn of 1996 she had “an overpowering feeling that she was ‘in the way’.”

He adds: “Rightly or wrongly she felt the stronger she became, the more she was regarded as a modernising nuisance.

“She certainly felt that ‘the system’ didn’t appreciate her work and that for as long as she was on the scene Prince Charles could never properly move on.”

Burrell says the princess told him: “I have become strong and they don’t like it when I am able to do good and stand on my own two feet without them.” THE princess’s anxiety deepened to such an extent that she ordered a sweep of her apartments at Kensington Palace for listening devices.

By October 1996 she once again confided in Burrell that she believed there was a concerted attempt to undermine her in the public’s eyes.

SMASH: Twisted wreckage of the Mercedes Diana was travelling in

She recalled that she had been brooding about Charles’s relationship with Camilla Parker Bowles and the continuing role of Tiggy Legge Bourke, nanny to Princes William and Harry, in the Royal Household.

Burrell says the princess was feeling “undervalued and unappreciated”. But at the root of her fears she said she was constantly puzzled” by attempts by Prince Charles’s supporters to “destroy her”.

With these thoughts and fears in her head, Diana decided to put her fears to paper, says Burrell.

The letter betrays the loneliness Diana was feeling: “I am sitting here at my desk today in October, longing for someone to hug me and encourage me to keep strong and hold my head high.” According to Burrell it was not the first time Diana had felt it neccessary to record what was happening to her. He said: I became the repository for royal truths.

“These notes are her legacy and are crucial to the truths that enshrine her memory and debunk the damaging myths that seem to have been peddled since the day she died.”

Diana and Dodi Fayed were killed in the early hours of August 31 1997 when a Mercedes S280 driven by drunken chauffeur Henri Paul careered into the Pont d’Alma tunnel in the French capital.

An inquiry in 1999 by the French authorities blamed Paul, concluding that he had taken a cocktail of drink and drugs before losing control of the car because he was speeding.

However, there has been a growing unwillingness by the public to accept the official version of her death. BURRELL admitted he shares the doubts. He said: “With the benefit of hindsight, the content of that letter has bothered me since her death.”

It will strike a chord among people who remain puzzled by inconsistences in her death, including questions over a mysterious white Fiat Uno which grazed the Mercedes in the tunnel and over blood samples taken from Henri Paul.

Harrods owner Mohamed Al Fayed, Dodi’s father, has spent tens of thousands of pounds on a private investigation, convinced that Diana and Dodi were murdered by British security services at the behest of Establishment forces.

But Diana’s family refuse to believe the theories. Her mother Frances Shand Kydd accepted the findings of the French inquiry “without reservation”.

Diana’s brother Earl Spencer also said he was satisfied that the authorities had “reached the right conclusion”.

Hopes that some of the mysteries would be unravelled were dashed last month.

A spokesman for the royal coroner Michael Burgess said the date for an inquest on Diana would be announced within days.

But hours later Mr Burgess ordered the statement to be withdrawn, saying it was premature” to suggest a date and refusing to give a timescale.

The lack of an inquest and his prosecution for theft in 2002 steeled Burrell’s determination to make public the princess’s concerns for her security.

“That letter has been part of the burden I have carried since the princess’s death. Knowing what to do with it has been a source of much soul-searching.”

He insists that whether it is a wild coincidence” or an explanation for the tragedy is a matter for a coroner’s court.

He adds: “It may be futile in what it achieves because it can do no more than provide yet another question mark.

“But if that question mark leads to an inquest and a thorough investigation of the facts by the British authorities it will have achieved something.”

Boggle! Boggle! You Couldn't Make This Stuff Up, Could You?

Perhaps, it was foreknowledge of this little revelation that set 'that nice Mr Tony Blair's' heart all a'flutter? :cool:

No great fan of Diana found her rather manipulative but if all this is true, I'm starting to feel rather sorry for her, what an awful, awful situation to be in.

Of course the other view is that she may have been suffering from extreme mental stress and just imagined these plots...whatever, we're never going to know the truth.

You'd think that if she knew she was going to be in a car crash, she'd have worn her seatbelt :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, this is a brilliant twist though. I wonder if Paul Burrell will now meet an untimely end?

that there are forces at work in the UK operating outside of those with the Queens warrant (Police, armed forces, MI5/6 etc) there can be little doubt

could they arrange the Paris crash?

hmmmm

I'd take some persuading

what intrerests me is the missing 'They'

no Brit news media will publish who 'they' are so if any of our US / Oz / rest of the world chums spot a reference perhaps they would be so kind as to post a link?

How much money will Burrell make out of the 'new' revelation?

Why has this come out now? Why not immediately after the Crash? Why not at his trial. Why just when he is about to publish a book.

Did Burrell threaten the Queen with this letter if she did not "remember" their conversation Dianas possessions? And if so what will happen now if he has broken the agreement?

The timing is rather curious, isn't it. So he was such a "rock" that he kept quiet about this for six years. It's also interesting, given the nature of the claim, that they left the name blanked out. Could it be that the legal advice is that it would be libelous to publish the letter? By blanking out the name, they have managed to get a high profile headline, (sell lots of newspapers?) without revealing the key bit of information.

I would hereby like to announce that the high profile celebrity, #####, is actually the anti-christ. ;)

Fortis wrote:
The timing is rather curious, isn't it.

It may be that he offered this information earlier, or that he was too frightened to offer it before now.

Time to disinter Diana's remains for a proper UK autopsy methinks.

I never understood why autopsies weren't carried out after the bodies were returned.

Prospect writes:
How much money will Burrell make out of the 'new' revelation?

Quite a bit I hope - and good luck to him.

The dope kept his mouth shut, as promised for years until he was crapped on by the Royals and dragged through the courts (only to be excused of all charges).

Then...some misguided dullard burned down his florist shop.

Explain to me why he shouldn't make a few bob?

I never understood why autopsies weren't carried out after the bodies were returned.

Commentators on the Beeb (News24) suggested the British authorities didn't want to investigate until the french had completed their investigation.

Emps

Zygmunt wrote:
You'd think that if she knew she was going to be in a car crash, she'd have worn her seatbelt

Ah, but she should have been waering her seatbelt, and so should Dodi.

The only person who SHOULDN'T have been wearing a seatbelt was her bodyguard. His job was to ensure his charges wore their seat belts and to remain free to use his body as a human shield to protect his charges in case of ambush - funny how he was the ONLY passenger who WAS wearing a seat belt.

If he'd offered the info earlier and it had been ignored, I would have thought that the decent thing to do would have been to go to the newspapers then. I guess that he might have been frightened as well, but what has changed now?

It's also interesting that the story is a Daily Mirror "exclusive." Imagine that you had documentary evidence that a close and dear friend had believed that they would be murdered in a fashion more or less identical to the way in which they had died. Would you:
a) give the story to as many newspapers as would take it, or
b) give the story as an exclusive to the newspaper that had previously paid you money for the serialisation of your previous story? ;)

Commentators on the Beeb (News24) suggested the British authorities didn't want to investigate until the french had completed their investigation.

We're still waiting for that to happen !

One of the Fortean Studies books has a brilliant collection of Diana conspiricy theories.

I haven't seen the Mirror so I am wondering if this letter has been
authenticated with regard to author and date. I can't see why Mr.
Potato-Head should have sat on it till now. If he was going to reveal
it, the earlier the better would have seemed the safer policy.

Even so, the notion that Diana may have fantasised about her demise
does not seem inconsistent with her recorded vapourings about dark
forces at work. She could hardly have had inside information about her
brake cables being cut so it must be a fantasy, however uncanny its
foreshadowing of the later events. :confused:

James Whitehead said:
I haven't seen the Mirror so I am wondering if this letter has been
authenticated with regard to author and date.

Yes, I was thinking earlier of the Hitler Diaries and how experts were convinced they were real. Until it turned out that they were not.

:)

If Burrell is not in this for the money and the story is true and verifiable by experts through the letter, then why has he taken the story to a nasty little tabloid as opposed to a more reputable newspaper. I'm sure any newspaper, including the broadsheets, would give their right arms to break a story like this.

I'm very cynical about this whole thing. :sceptic:

The timing is rather curious, isn't it. So he was such a "rock" that he kept quiet about this for six years.

I have been round to my brother's and peaked at his copy of the Mirror - hardly a 'little' tabloid (although nasty) and in the big bidding wars it is usually one of the tabloids which can afford the money to get these things.

You can possibly see why this has happened now as he has got out that court case over Di's belongings and it is part of the serialisation of his book so he would have had time to get that prepared for press (and kept secret). I would also imagine he has agents and publicists who have told him to keep this kind of big league stuff in reserve for when he is in the clear and can realy cash in on it.

I would imagine that an expert would be able to tell fairly quickly if that is Diane's writing or not as they have reproduced the thing all over their first 15 pages (or so it felt).

I don't want to name names but Charles would fit into that gap as would an awful lot of other things - just think of the guess the headline round in 'Have I got News for You' ;)

Emps

Emperor said:
I don't want to name names but Charles would fit into that gap as would an awful lot of other things - just think of the guess the headline round in 'Have I got News for You' ;)

Unlikely. They've just read a line on the BBC news. It said something like 'X is planning a crash to clear the way for Charles to marry.' If the blanked out 'X' were 'Charles' then the sentence would be tautological and very awkwardly phrased.

The Yithian:

Unlikely. They've just read a line on the BBC news. It said something like 'X is planning a crash to clear the way for Charles to marry.' If the blanked out 'X' were 'Charles' then the sentence would be tautological and very awkwardly phrased.

Good point - OK how about 'The Queen' or 'Brenda'. Not only would they have to blank it out for legal reasons but they'd all be lynched. There might be a Royal Enforcer (Edward Windsorward?) but I suppose she is the most likely candidate.

And it does make one wonder about the Burrell trial last year -if the Royal Family had got a guilty verdict his book would have been treated with derision and they would have struggled to get it serialised in any paper.

Emps

Tueday 21st October 2003.

I heard that, Martyn Gregory, author of'The Diana Conspiracy: Exposed' on the BBC Radio4, 'Today' programme this morning.

He was going on about, how he'd recently been on the phone with a "very senior" representative of the French police force. Apparently the French police had looked into the allegations, or warnings, made to them by Diana, before her death, that attempts might be made on her life, in light of the car crash. They'd found no substance in the possibility of a connection, between her fears and suspicions and the crash!

You could almost hear the realization, of how suspect, not to mention stupid, such a statement sounded, spoken out loud to a third party, (John Humphries?), in Gregory's voice as he spoke.

They're now saying that she was bonkers and paranoid, so that's why we shouldn't take her fears seriously.

It is well time for a British, Public Enquiry. Because, this whole thing stinks!

I heard the editor of the Mirror on the radio yesterday saying that the blanked out bit in the letter doesn't neccesarily hide a person's name. He hinted that it may have been the name of a body of people.

The whole thing does indeed stink.

I saw on tv last night that although the driver had 20 odd per cent carbon monoxide in his body, this may not have affected his driving. Can anyone even survive this amount?
How did he get it anyway?

Dan

One thing that's always amused me, in a perverse way, regarding this subject (and indeed, with the way 'conspiracy theory' in general is perceived), is that 'ordinary' people seem to accept that 'their betters' could not act in such a way as to wilfully cause the death of the 'peoples princess'.

It strikes me that, for the people who would benefit most, or lose least, from the death of Diana, she was simply an irritation to be disposed of. The rest of us, hypnotized by the glamour of royalty (not me I might add, a republican until death) would never believe that they could get rid of Diana.

I'm sure that Alan Bullock in his biography of Hitler, quotes the Austrian corporal somewhere to the effect that 'If you're going to lie, make sure it's a big one. People will never believe that you could be lying about something so important'. That's not verbatim, it's just something thats stuck in my head down the years.

Yeah, I think the British Establishment conspired to get rid of Diana. What was it... 'Who will rid me of this troublesome priest(ess)' all over again?

Cornwell's at it again!

Apparently, Patricia Cornwell has solved the case. The cover of the daily express boasted, "Mystery of Diana death is solved". Almost like the bold announcement on the cover of Cornwell's recent book, "Jack the ripper: Case closed."

Is cornwell trying to become Mrs Fletcher (Murder she wrote)?

she was simply an irritation
I agree with that bit.

And Burrell, the butler, really is a total drama queen.

Of course, she wasn't murdered.

Alb wrote:

Of course, she wasn't murdered.

I wish I could be as sure as you are Alb. There are many anomalies and mysteries surrounding the crash.

Imagine if she were pregnant with Dodi's little muslim child.....

I reckon that would wrankle the Royals good and proper (succession and all that) :D

The fact is, without a proper autopsy the scandalous rumours will never stop.

Even with a proper autopsy, the rumours will never stop. Look at JFK, the Apollo landings, etc.

On the subject of the French inquiry, however, if there was/is a conspiracy why did the French investigators ignore it? Were they in on the conspiracy, or were they just amazingly inept?

Back