• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Diana Death Conspiracy?

I saw a documentary on the history chanel today about Jack the Ripper (JTR) in it's second half the program had a run down of the most popular JTR theorys.

As most people know (even non-ripperologist types like myself) one of the JTR theorys involves the Duke of Clarence (granson of queen Victoria and aire to the throne) and his physisian (whose name escapes me), helped by the freemasons, offing the prostertutes to cover up that one roman catholic prostertute was suposedly carrying his illigitimate love child.

It just struck me how similar that JTR theory was to the 'Di was pregnent with Dodi's child' theory, the question is weather the similaritys are coincidental, weather that theory's creation was inspired by the JTR freemasons theory or weather it is indicative of things that happen behind the sceanes in the royal houses of Europe?

Lord Flashheart wrote:
one of the JTR theorys involves the Duke of Clarence (granson of queen Victoria and aire to the throne) and his physisian (whose name escapes me)

Sir William Withey Gull, Queen's physician.

They don't make names like that any more.

As for the French and their record on autopsies, If they'd done a decent one on Jim Morrison (Doors), there might not be so many conspiricy theories attached to HIS death (IF he's dead ).:eek!!!!:

Reading about it yesterday it occured to me that if Diana was murdered than that's why it happened in a foreign country. If anybody remembers the case of the English schoolgirl raped and murdered in a hostel a few years back (Caroline Dickinson?), the french authorites were woefully lax in collecting evidence and following up leads.....if Diana had died in London the glaring holes in the case would have been harder to explain away.

The more I hear of this, the more i'm convinced she was murdered and i'm not usually given to conspiracy theories. But if she was murdered surely 'they' would have known the whole case would be chewed over, either 'they' do not care or 'they' are really very naive.

I suppose if I had an objection that's it, it just seems such a heavy-handed thing to do when there must have been other ways of keeping her quiet.

It's not so much the evidence, or the letters foretelling her demise, it's the flat out denials, of anything untoward, without a proper (British) investigation and the lack of a proper inquest.

Considering, that Princess Diana was the mother of the sons of the Heir to the Throne, a proper enquiry seems only right.

As to French involvement in the whole affair: the incident involving 'Greenpeace' and the 'Rainbow Warrior' keeps springing to mind, as an example of how some agencies of French intelligence seem capable of fairly ruthless and covert tactics.

And, finally, a message from beyond for all the 'ney sayers,' from the Dutch, English language, magazine, 'Read, Baby'

Imagine if she were pregnant with Dodi's little muslim child.....

If she were it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference to the succession. The kid would have been about as close to the throne of England as I am.

Anyway, how can an unborn baby be muslim? Surely religion's decided after birth by the parents and later on by individual.

Sorry if I seem flippant but I didn't like her, found the media overkill deeply irritating and really wish the whole thing would sink without trace. I really think the British Establishment has done far worse and more significant things than simply offing Diana. If they did. Just my personal opinion.

I did once see her in a pub.
Well, actually I was in a pub at the time, heard a commotion and looked out of the window in time to see a very bored looking Diana being driven to the neighbouring hospital to open a new unit (or something.)

So who reckons that it was French intelligence behind this alleged conspiracy? And why would they want to help out the Britich establishment by assisting in the bumping off of "The People's Princess" (tm)? What did they have to gain from it?

As the French inquiry has yet to finish, maybe we should wait?

There does seem to be some sort of conspiracy, but, as others have pointed out, why??

Carole

Appears that the princes aren't too happy about Mr. Burrel...

Princes attack Burrell over 'betrayal of Diana'

Princes William and Harry have attacked former royal butler Paul Burrell for his "cold and overt betrayal" of their mother.

In a statement unprecedented for its strength of feeling, 21-year-old William, who was also speaking on behalf of his younger brother, revealed his deep pain at Mr Burrell's recent revelations.

They said Princess Diana would have been "mortified" at his actions if she were alive, and called on him to put an end to his disclosures.

Mr Burrell, who worked for the Princess, has made a series of claims including one that Diana feared for her life and spoke of a plot to tamper with the brakes of her car.

Prince William said in the statement released by Clarence House: "We cannot believe that Paul, who was entrusted with so much, could abuse his position in such a cold and overt betrayal.

"It is not only deeply painful for the two of us but also for everyone else affected and it would mortify our mother if she were alive today and, if we might say so, we feel we are more able to speak for our mother than Paul. We ask Paul please to bring these revelations to an end."

In his new book, Mr Burrell also claimed the Duke of Edinburgh wrote to Diana telling her he and the Queen disapproved of the Prince of Wales's affair with Camilla Parker Bowles. It was reported the Duke told Diana: "I cannot imagine anyone in their right mind leaving you for Camilla."

Much of the book appears to be based on letters written and received by Diana, as well as Mr Burrell's experiences and observations as the Princess's butler and confidante.

Mr Burrell also said that Earl Spencer wrote to his sister and expressed concern for her health. He is also alleged to have acknowledged that they had lost touch over the years in the letter.

A Clarence House spokeswoman said Prince William's statement was aimed at drawing the line under Mr Burrell's allegations. "It's telling Paul Burrell that they've had enough," she said. She added William and Harry would also be prepared to meet Mr Burrell to discuss the matter.

Story filed: 18:13 Friday 24th October 2003

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_832145.html

carole said:
There does seem to be some sort of conspiracy, but, as others have pointed out, why??
If you really want to know, one theory is put forward by garrick92 earlier on in the thread. It's well worth a read. :)

Now, I'm all for conspiracy theories and I must admit that it looks more and more fishy the further you investigate Diana and Dodi's death but wouldn't it have been far simpler for the 'unknown powers' to have got her at her lowest ebb rather than as she was surfing up the other side with a bronzed Dodi?

Considering her own brother allegedly wrote that she 'needed help' and a lot of her sympathisers thought that she became very paranoid during the last two years it seems to me that it would have been easier to have had her sectioned and then get a lot of MI6 doctors and psychiatrists to insist that she withdraw from all duties and be medicated to treat her. To suggest mental ill-health might help put Charles in a better light because he obviously 'couldn't cope' and 'turned to Camilla' ahhh, poor soul, and the kids, Will and Harry would be more welcomed by an increasingly republican Britian if they had not only come from a broken home but had experienced, along with many thousand other British children, the hard realities of unstable parents and upbringing, bless the little dears, and it would have cast doubt on all her previous damning statements about the Royal family in general.

Of course there could be many cries for third fourth fifth opinions from around the world but her previous behaviour, plus her isolated and upsetting childhood, plus any number of fabricated notes could be presented in such a way with a drugged, frightened, and paranoid Diana that it might stand up to scutiny.

Of course the stigma of mental instability is not as it once was, rightly so, and there is a history of instability in the royal line and the monarchy survived so I don't think that Diana's supposed 'breakdown' would affect William credibility as heir adversely.

Also, any suspicion by Diana that this was a plot would work to their advantage. Diana might have come to believe them, that noone was out to get her...any recurrent fears, even after release, would be sure to be kept to herself for fear of returning to medication and censure.

The public would try to ignore her previous fears as pitiful examples of a terrible illness, and pity her for her wretchedness the rest of her life, Charles would be allowed the sin considering the terrible pressures and allowed to marry again, Will would be respected as the brave boy who saw his mothers terrible suffering first hand, MI6 might get away with it quite easily.

So in light of the above scenario, I KNOW, but humour me!, why would MI6 actually kill someone who was well known to have swarms of papparazzi around them 24 hours a day!

Compared with the sectioning idea I think Murder of the mother of the heir to the British Crown whilst being pursued by papparazzi is an incredibly risky thing to do.

Chant said:
Of course the stigma of mental instability is not as it once was, rightly so, and there is a history of instability in the royal line and the monarchy survived so I don't think that Diana's supposed 'breakdown' would affect William credibility as heir adversely.

Compared with the sectioning idea I think Murder of the mother of the heir to the British Crown whilst being pursued by papparazzi is an incredibly risky thing to do.
Perhaps, going to the press and TV, for her famous interview, was at least partially, a move, to persuade the public that she most certainly was not losing her marbles?

A live and sectioned Princess Diana, would still be alive. The 'Mad Wife in the Attic' is a very famous Gothic novel, motif, as used in 'Jane Eyre' and Princess Diana was so well loved, I don't think that it could have been brought off, without some fairly pointed questions being asked.

And perhaps, it was the timing and distance of the 'accident' that was significant?

A foreign land, far enough, in time and distance, from the marriage and the possible embarrassment that could have been caused by a new and, seemingly, intense relationship, with a playboy, foreign national, whose family has a fairly clouded past.

And then, the 'Jonathon Creek' moment, as the mercedes disappears into the tunnel, hotly pursued by witnesses, never to drive out again.

Dot, Dot, Dot.

I know, that's why I reckon if the 'powers that be' wanted rid of her they could have sectioned her BEFORE she began coming up the other side.

There was one stage where EVERYONE, even her sympathisers, began to think she was...dare I say flakey? those stalker phone calls stick in my head as alarming behaviour, they could have acted immediately and I seriously think even her sympathisers would have been relieved -

People adored and loved/pitied Vivien Leigh with her manic depressive condition that she lived through, and inflicted upon her nearest, and people forgave Laurence Olivier for Joan Plowright because of this, but Vivien Leigh sank into isolation because despite the adoration her behaviour became intolerable and thankfully a sympathetic media left her wilder exploits alone.
Vivien Leigh was like the Royalty of Hollywood but people let her sink into isolation for her own sake as well as their own and so it might as easily have happened for Diana.

Diana was beautiful by all accounts - if she'd lived on a council estate, no jewelery, high street fashions most people would have called her just 'pretty' - it was INEVITABLE that she was going to meet another man - a good looking, rich, and powerful man (lets face it she was never going to fall in love with the plumber who might have come round to fix her blocked sink, was she?) She was young enough to have more children without ANYONE lifting an eyebrow at her age, all of it was INEVITABLE. If MI6 didn't see this coming then they were the only ones who didn't.

So why not take her out when she was at her lowest? Why wait for her to establish herself as a goodwill diplomat and actually meet someone - someone rich and goodlooking and powerful enough to kick up a fuss about the 'convenience' of it all, as it certainly seemed to all of us? They could have got rid of her bloodlessly years before but they apparrently waited for her to seem to recover, fight back, meet someone she liked/loved, and then do it such a way that invited 'conspiracy theories'. I do think she was murdered, I think MI6 bump people off all the time but always we have the same problem. Okay, so we might know why some of us think she was killed, but why THEN? The timing was atrocious. MI6 must have teams of intelligence officers looking at all scenarios, extrapolating the future outcomes, and finding methods of seeing off the worst outcomes yet apparrently they sat on their backsides going 'this looks bad' for a couple of years before they decided to go for it. Just doesn't seem wise or logical. So for now it remains a suspicion rather than a conviction, for me. Unless Burrell comes up with something sensational that she was about to do then I don't think it'll ever stop going round in circles.

And anyway, surely an Al Fayed baby, best of all a muslim Al Fayed would have fitted in just nicely to the Royal Family. What most people forget is that to the rich aristocracy it doesn't matter what race you are as long as you are rich, titled, and well educated, and the last can be dispensed with for the better looking, after all, as has already been stated, the baby wouldn't be likely to become King anyway but would have greatly enhanced British prestige with its Arab allies and other Arab nations - the modernising and forward thinking Monarchy Diana was trying to show up for its opposite.

Chant said:
The timing was atrocious. MI6 must have teams of intelligence officers looking at all scenarios, extrapolating the future outcomes, and finding methods of seeing off the worst outcomes yet apparrently they sat on their backsides going 'this looks bad' for a couple of years before they decided to go for it. Just doesn't seem wise or logical.

I see your point, but surely offing the ex-wife of the heir to the throne is not something taken lightly, even by MI6.

Perhaps her relationship with Dodi was the straw that finally broke the camel's back?

Just a thought.........

If there was a conspiracy and if Burrell the ex-butler knows so much, how come he's still alive?

Re: Just a thought.........

Timble said:
If there was a conspiracy and if Burrell the ex-butler knows so much, how come he's still alive?
Well, after his arrest and trial for the theft of Princess Diana's personal property and the publicity and the last minute intertvention by HRH? High profile, accidental death?

Could be this book writing binge is less about money and more about insurance? Perhaps even, a sort of revenge?

From Popbitch last week:

>> Marvellous Margaret <<
Princess was royal bugling champion

If the Royal Family had Diana bumped off
because she was an embarassment, why didn't
they get rid of Princess Margaret?

As well as her colourful sexual escapades,
Marge also hosted ""coke races" at the Palace,
in which she and a certain piano-playing
pop legend would get on all fours and hoover
a metre of cocaine each off the beautifully
polished floors.

Have you seen the shrine to Di & Dodi at Harrods? :cross eye

This shrine includes a glass that Di was drinking from at her last meal with Dodi. Doesn't this strike you as odd. It must have been some time before the news of the crash reached the Ritz and someon decided to keep the glass as a memorial. The question that must be asked is this: Doesn't anyone do the washing up at the Ritz?

Or was someone already planning a martyrdom :eek:

Mike P said:
This shrine includes a glass that Di was drinking from at her last meal with Dodi. Doesn't this strike you as odd. It must have been some time before the news of the crash reached the Ritz and someon decided to keep the glass as a memorial.
My guess? One of the waiting staff thought, "Princess Diana has just had a drink out of that glass. That'll make a nice souvenir, maybe worth a few bob in a couple of years as well. I'll just put that to one side." Then you can imagine the reaction after news of the crash came out.

Physick said:
Anyway, how can an unborn baby be muslim? Surely religion's decided after birth by the parents and later on by individual.

Yeah, but it's more than likely that the kid would've been brought up muslim.

That bird who married Imran Khan (Goldsmith's daughter, can't remember her name) had to convert to Islam, and the kids will be brought up in the same religion.

So, imagine if Dodi and Di had got married. Liz and Charles have stepped down. It's King William's coronation. Wills invites his mum and her new family. Can you imagine the look on Grandad Phil's face?

A fitting memorial

No one appears to have picked up on the fact just weeks before her death she asked for the press to leave her alone for a few weeks after which she would have an announcement to make (and I believe she added the words "it will shock you") I wasnt very taken with her as a person but if her demise brings about the fall of the monarchy and our false democracy then it would be a fitting memorial I think. Oh and I would think it was more up MI5's ally than MI6.

Re: A fitting memorial

smudge said:
No one appears to have picked up on the fact just weeks before her death she asked for the press to leave her alone for a few weeks after which she would have an announcement to make (and I believe she added the words "it will shock you")
Yeah, I remember that! There was a surprisingly brief flurry of speculation as to what the revelation could be in the tabloids (and I mean very brief, ie about a day then bugger all: normally they'd have played that for months.
ibid
Oh and I would think it was more up MI5's ally than MI6.
Nope - on foreign soil it would be 6. MI5 operate exclusively on home ground (goverened by the Home Office, MI6 by the Foreign Office). Never the twain shall meet.

Nope - on foreign soil it would be 6. MI5 operate exclusively on home ground (goverened by the Home Office, MI6 by the Foreign Office). Never the twain shall meet.
Not so. But a common misunderstanding.

The difference is more subtle. 'MI5' is the Security Service - concerned with Home security. 'MI6' is the Secret Intelligence Service. That doesn't mean that one only operates in Britain whilst the other only works abroad. They have different roles, both of them. Both in Britain and abroad.

The Foreign Office will sometimes have business in Britain. Equally the Home Office will sometimes have business abroad.

I wuz wrong!

Live and learn :). (I blame Ian Fleming - in the book of Moonraker, Bond is given special permission by the Home Secretary to conduct a mission in the UK, so that's possibly where my misunderstanding came from).

Thanks Alb!

Mr Al Fayed has always wanted to be a British citizen –which has always been blocked vigorously by the British establishment- and could the marriage of Dodi and Diana have shall we say removed the barriers to him getting one. This means that if Diana was killed then we have to consider the British security forces may have had a hand in this, and if so then how high did this go?

Uhhhh? Why is any speculation about the death of this loser still pursued?

What made the feral bl00dy media so interested in her when she was alive that they can't leave her alone now she's dead? It's not as if she was spectacularly beautiful or anything.

As for Islam and the British royal family link - who would care? It's a bit hard to imagine a more irrelevant institution (and I use the word advisedly) than the British royal family.

Sheesh!!!

Let's get back to something more interesting ... :rolleyes:

Sebastian said:
Uhhhh? Why is any speculation about the death of this loser still pursued?

What made the feral bl00dy media so interested in her when she was alive that they can't leave her alone now she's dead? It's not as if she was spectacularly beautiful or anything.

As for Islam and the British royal family link - who would care? It's a bit hard to imagine a more irrelevant institution (and I use the word advisedly) than the British royal family.

Sheesh!!!

Let's get back to something more interesting ... :rolleyes:

Eeeer.....

This is the Diana Death Conspiricy thread. What else would you like to discuss here?

Underwater basketweaving perhaps? :rolleyes:

Sebastian said:
She was Britain's "Queen of Hearts". ;)

Does beauty, or general attractiveness, have something to do with death in unusual and insufficiently investigated circumstances? She was
"An English Rose". :)

If she'd been anybody else, who had a high profile connection with the Establishment and then died, in circumstances where questions still remained unanswered, the I hope there would still be people asking those questions, not just about "The Death of a Princess". :(

AndroMan said:
She was Britain's "Queen of Hearts". ;)
Did anyone call her that before the Bashir interview? (Where she said that she wanted to be a "queen of hearts".)

I guess that it goes to show how good a job she was doing in spinning herself to the media. ;)

Sebastian said:

Just 'cos it's irrelevant to people like you and me doesn't mean that it's not a relevant institution to the establishment that bases its legitamacy on it.

Back