• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

do males "follow a monthly cycle?"

do males "follow a monthly cycle"

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• havent noticed

• who cares!

• no comment

• it needs more serious research

• Total voters
Yep the other thread is here:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16369

-------------
Anyway I was looking for somewhere to post this and this seemed the most likely:

'Menstruating' boy stuns doctors

M Chhaya in Kolkata | June 20, 2005 18:12 IST

In an extremely unusual case, a Kolkata doctor is treating a teenage boy who has been showing symptoms of menstruation.

The 15-year-old 'effeminate' boy's bleeding has been occurring in the second week of every month and lasts three days. During the period he experiences stomach aches, cramps, nausea and mood swings.

"We examined the boy. Though he has male organs, his behaviour and traits are like a woman," said physician Sudip Mondal.

"If tests of blood samples prove the presence of ovum, this would be a very rare medical case," he added.

Tarak, the boy who was identified by only one name, works as a domestic help in Kalna town, some 200 km north of Kolkata.

He began 'menstruating' more than a year ago, but hid the fact from his employers and his impoverished family for the fear of losing his job.

Doctors, who say this is a very rare case but not unprecedented, are now planning chromosomal and hormonal tests on the boy.

"The presence of female functional endometrial in a male prostrate gland can cause this type of anomaly," said Pradip Mitra of the West Bengal Gynaecological Society.

"The boy needs immediate medical attention or else this could cause fatal complications," Mitra warned.

http://in.rediff.com/news/2005/jun/20boy.htm

It's strange that there is no indication of an orifice from which this boy 'menstruates'. Wouldn't he need a uterus in which to build up menses and a vagina, or something similar, from which to discharge it? If so, you think someone would have noticed strange genitalia at an early age.

I have a horrible feeling people with this problem discharge blood into the
body cavity :shock:

downunder said:
It's strange that there is no indication of an orifice from which this boy 'menstruates'. Wouldn't he need a uterus in which to build up menses and a vagina, or something similar, from which to discharge it? If so, you think someone would have noticed strange genitalia at an early age.

I was hoping not to have to "go there" but I assume he is discharging blood from his johnson :shock:

It also doesn't appear to require a uterus:

"The presence of female functional endometrial in a male prostrate gland can cause this type of anomaly,"

If the material is in the prostate, it is possible that he's voiding it into his bladder, and then it would come out when he urinates.

Or, as Emps says, it could just be coming out, as it does for a woman. (Although, due to the nature of male plumbing, it would actually come out through the urethra since it and the seminal duct merge.)

Well apparently, and I don't know if this has already been mentioned since I don't have the time right now to read through all 3 pages, a fetus in the womb always starts out female and develops into a male. I can't remember where I heard this, but it would account for some things like why men have nipples when they don't need them...and other stuff that, if mentioned, could land me being kicked off the board. Anywho, that would maybe explain some of the gender-related complications sometimes found in child birth, and also for any "monthly cycle" that men have o.o

Again, I can't remembe EXACTLY where I heard about the fetus starting as a female, but I do know it was some documentary on tv about pregnancy.

The default form for the human body is female, yes. The differences between male and female is largely due to the levels of testosterone and oestrogen in the fetus and womb, which in turn is determined by whether there is a Y chromosome in the last pair. (Well, at least most of the time.)

Some of the effects of faults in the development are interesting. Such as Androgen-insensitive pseudo-hermaphrodites.

Lillith said:
I have never noticed a monthly cycle but i think men get a bad press when it comes to their 'hormones'. Male 'hormones' being seen as bad while womens are seen as ok. If women are a martyr to their hormones why not men?

I'm a firm believer in the male menopause. My step-father and my friends father are in their late 50's and they have definiately changed in character in the last few years.

Men get a bad press?? Holy cow...not from what I have seen! The very minute a woman's mood changes for ANY reason at all, men comment how it must be hormones or that time of the month.
The men that say that should stop and think maybe it is their own idiotic selves that cause the bad moods in the women.
:)

I definitely have a sexual cycle.
I remember once reading that the male sexual cycle is a 23 day cycle, no wonder me & the missus are rarely in the same phase if this is so!
Personally my cycle ranges from 'horny', ie only needing sex 2 or 3 times a day, to 'really horny' where I just think about & want sex nearly every waking moment.
Unfortunately my partner only wants sex on a daily basis during her couple of 'horny' days in the cycle, damn! This is maybe why polygomy for males is a good idea - it would save on washing the wanking sock so often!
Regarding the male menopause I see no signs yet. I am in my forties & am probably 'hornier' now than at the height of puberty.
My wife is hoping I slow down a bit with age but so far it is the opposite.

davidYowie said:

Its the one I ride to the brothel on!!

-----------------
I thank you!! Repeat performances at 6 every day on the end of the pier.

Whats that you are burning? Ah my coat - you could wait until I took it off.

Emperor said:
davidYowie said:

Its the one I ride to the brothel on!!

-----------------
I thank you!! Repeat performances at 6 every day on the end of the pier.

Whats that you are burning? Ah my coat - you could wait until I took it off.

I use my 'chopper' to ride the to brothel

i thought this thread shriveled up and died through lack of posts

I believe so, but not necessarily monthly - definitely periodical.

I would say theres definetly no cycle. We just react to our environment. For instance, how I feel definetly depends on what surrounds me. I've never noticed a "time of the month" kinda thing with me anyways.

davidYowie said:
I remember once reading that the male sexual cycle is a 23 day cycle, no wonder me & the missus are rarely in the same phase if this is so!
Personally my cycle ranges from 'horny', ie only needing sex 2 or 3 times a day, to 'really horny' where I just think about & want sex nearly every waking moment.
Unfortunately my partner only wants sex on a daily basis during her couple of 'horny' days in the cycle, damn! This is maybe why polygomy for males is a good idea - it would save on washing the wanking sock so often!
Regarding the male menopause I see no signs yet. I am in my forties & am probably 'hornier' now than at the height of puberty.
My wife is hoping I slow down a bit with age but so far it is the opposite.

I've almost always wanted sex more often than the men in my life did--or maybe it's just me they don't want. :(

"Hot Flashes"

I don't know from nothing about men's monthly cycles but I DO know that men also get "hot flashes." Men simply don't get as many as women do.

Back