• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Does Anyone Here Have Psychic Abilities?

I generally don't think of myself as a psychic, but in my life I've experienced four overwhelmingly powerful intuitions that arrived unbidden.

The first was that precision-guided weaponry would come to dominate warfare. In retrospect, that seems like a total no-brainer, but at the time there was a genuine debate about just how much of a game-changer precision weapons would be on a real battlefield. Some experts insisted that the Soviet approach of large amounts of good-enough weapons would win out. After reading a number of articles on the debate, I KNEW the answer in a compelling way, kind of like the time I proved a (simple) theorem in my sleep. Of course, being a child, I realized that nobody would care what I thought on the subject, but history has proven my intuition right.

The second intuition was of a personal nature that I don't care to share here, but sadly it's well on its way to coming true also.

When I heard that Trump was running for president, I KNEW immediately that he would win. Again, this was not a happy thought for me.

Finally, around 2018 I gradually became convinced that something really bad was going to happen on a global scale in a few years. After I warned my friends, they said, more or less, "That's way too nonspecific to allow for any preparation. Why dwell on it, even if you turn out to be right?" Now I wonder whether COVID was the threat, whether something worse is on the horizon, or if I'm experiencing apophenia...

Note: edited for grammar

Last edited:
I worked at a front desk for local council for 25 years and there were some people that either gave off an uncomfortable essence, or else i developed an awareness for it in those years.

The first thing was their walk, believe it or not, that would alert me to a bad attitude, and the rest of their behaviour was just part of the whole. If there was a word to describe it, it would be their insouciance.

I don't know if it is a telepathy that alerts people to other people, I would say we learn to 'read' some people.
I think people are constantly giving off clues about their character, they can't help it, and it is quite easy to read them "like a book." But the biggest aid to this process is your ability to observe yourself, and spot all the nasty things inside you that we prefer to ignore or deny. Once you can do this, you automatically "see" these things in others as well. Not telepathy, but that's not to say that a sensitive can't also use that ability, if they have it.

I generally don't think of myself as a psychic, but in my life I've experienced four overwhelmingly powerful intuitions that arrived unbidden.

The first was that precision-guided weaponry would come to dominate warfare. In retrospect, that seems like a total no-brainer, but at the time there was a genuine debate about just how much of a game-changer precision weapons would be on a real battlefield. Some experts insisted that the Soviet approach of large amounts of good-enough weapons would win out. After reading a number of articles on the debate, I KNEW the answer in a compelling way, kind of like the time I proved a (simple) theorem in my sleep. Of course, being a child, I realized that nobody would care what I thought on the subject, but history has proven my intuition right.

The second intuition was of a personal nature that I don't care to share here, but sadly it's well on its way to coming true also.

When I heard that Trump was running for president, I KNEW immediately that he would win. Again, this was not a happy thought for me.

Finally, around 2018 I gradually became convinced that something really bad was going to happen on a global scale in a few years. After I warned my friends, they said, more or less, "That's way too nonspecific to allow for any preparation. Why dwell on it, even if you turn out to be right?" Now I wonder whether COVID was the threat, whether something worse is on the horizon, or if I'm experiencing apophenia...

Note: edited for grammar
I wish we could forget this label, "psychic," that seems to attach to all manner of weird and dubious folk. I much prefer "sensitive," with the reservation that we are probably all potentially sensitive, but our negativity, self-centredness, social conditioning, and various belief systems all tend to suppress it.

Ok. I'm almost loathe to mention this, but last night my wife and I decided to watch the rather well publicised (at least here in England) football match between our national team and Ukrain. I am not really a football fan, but enjoy the big international tournaments. Just before the match began, as I was pouring a cold cider, I suddenly 'saw 'the the score, four nil. Luckily I mentioned this to my wife so we were both rather surprised when my prediction was spot on!

Ok. I'm almost loathe to mention this, but last night my wife and I decided to watch the rather well publicised (at least here in England) football match between our national team and Ukrain. I am not really a football fan, but enjoy the big international tournaments. Just before the match began, as I was pouring a cold cider, I suddenly 'saw 'the the score, four nil. Luckily I mentioned this to my wife so we were both rather surprised when my prediction was spot on!
If you get a premonition for Wednesday's match - why not post it here? In any event, get a few quid on it!

I wasn't trying to guess the score, wasn't even thinking about anything really. An image of the score just came from nowhere. I told my wife immediately that it would be four nil (joking that we'd probably lose four nil). I'm glad I mentioned it though, I'm not in the habit of precognitive episodes. Deliberately trying to guess the score for Wednesday's game just fills my head with numbers so it seems a fleeting thing, not controllable. I certainly wouldn't put money on a guess.

If you get a premonition for Wednesday's match - why not post it here? In any event, get a few quid on it!
It is said that trying to make a profit out of your sensitivity is doomed to failure, as my mother discovered when she asked someone at the pub to put a fiver on the 100-1 outsider that she had dreamed would win the Grand National (in the 50s before betting shops etc.). The horse won and when she asked the guy for her winnings he explained that he was so sure that it would lose that he had put it on another horse, and gave her her five pounds back. She never realised that he had probably just pocketed the winnings himself!

It is said that trying to make a profit out of your sensitivity is doomed to failure,
By one of those inevitable synchronicities, i just read this, thought "what about that famous case of the man who kept dreaming the winners of horse races. I should look it up" and then, completely unrelated I immediately browsed another fortean website and found a link to this article which starts with exactly the case is was thinking of...and goes on to include a premoniton of England winning a football match 4-1. o_O

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/out-the-darkness/202107/the-possibility-precognition

One place id contest the article is his statement "To my knowledge, there are no cases of people who have dreamt of winning lottery numbers" as several years ago on these very boards i tested that common claim and simply googled the words
"dreamt lottery win" (or something like that) and found page after page of newspaper reports of such incidents. Perhaps he thought it too improbable to be worth doing a simple web search.

Recently I remembered a time on a bike ride when Techy and I found a wandering dog and took him to someone who'd look after him.
I thought 'Maybe I should carry a lead in case it happens again!'
So I meant to dig one out but didn't get round to it.

This was on my mind for a few days, until we were cycling out in the middle of nowhere and came across a couple who'd also found a dog.

The man was in their car waving to passing traffic to warn them that his wife was chasing the frightened dog, and further on we saw that she had caught it and was carrying it as she had nothing to use for a lead. Luckily it was a small breed.

All was well as the dog had a tag with the owner's number and the owner was sending her husband to pick up the dog.
If I'd had a lead on me it would have been a great help!

I'll find a lead this very minute but the feeling has passed now so I don't expect to use it.

There are so many online psychics these days, I was thinking of contacting one to seek guidance on who I should choose. :worry:

They can see you coming!
:thought:

It would be interesting to see what happened if you phoned... say, 10 of the prominent online 'psychics', seeking information about the whereabouts of, in my case, a non-existant brother, you had lost touch with some 20 years ago. You can't provide any further details, even if he was living in the UK, because it was so long ago.

It is said that trying to make a profit out of your sensitivity is doomed to failure, as my mother discovered when she asked someone at the pub to put a fiver on the 100-1 outsider that she had dreamed would win the Grand National (in the 50s before betting shops etc.). The horse won and when she asked the guy for her winnings he explained that he was so sure that it would lose that he had put it on another horse, and gave her her five pounds back. She never realised that he had probably just pocketed the winnings himself!
Or it's possible that scads of people are doing it and quietly pocketing the winnings.

:thought:

It would be interesting to see what happened if you phoned... say, 10 of the prominent online 'psychics', seeking information about the whereabouts of, in my case, a non-existant brother, you had lost touch with some 20 years ago. You can't provide any further details, even if he was living in the UK, because it was so long ago.
Twist: the brother secretly does exist. OP's father is furious at being outed as Love Rat With Secret Love Child.

Curiosity having arguably overtaken common sense, just downloaded a Zener cards 'Are You a Psychic' app.

Following the 25 card test... conclusion?

Screenshot_20210707-091440~2_resize_58.jpg

Need I say more?

In answer to the thread question, yes, I am a proven psychic.

Seriously though... this was interesting and my results improved with each attempt.

I believe that one guy did manage to make a bit of money that way but his ability left him and he became a racing commentator instead ...
I was wondering if there were any recorded occasions of a 'psychic' being challenged by the media to predict the Grand National winner.

This is a perfect example - an article published before the 2018 race:

We got a psychic to predict the top horses to bet on at the Grand National

30 April, 2018

To help you – because, frankly, it’s all a bit of a random stab in the dark – we asked psychic medium Dean James Fox to peer into the future and predict which horses will do well this weekend.

And we also spoke to betting pro Rupert Adams, from William Hill, to judge how likely these predictions are.

Dean James Fox told us: “As a psychic medium, I get asked for predictions for many things but this will be the first time I’ve even been asked to predict the Grand National.

“The way I selected the ‘Good’ runners to watch is very simple: before looking at who is due to run, I take a moment in a peaceful place, clear my mind and then ask for good luck guidance.

“Some of the runners I selected have been given by name - the name just pops into my head. With the others, I’m given the colours or a shape to look out for.”

Best Bets
1. Captain Redbeard (18/1)

Psychic: “This was shown to me as a pirate with a red face. I get the feeling this horse has the power to be a top runner.”
(End)

https://www.shortlist.com/news/psychic-horses-bet-grand-national-aintree-william-hill

Alas, 'Captain Redbeard' unseated its rider at the 7th fence.

So, it didn't win as a 'leading psychic foretold'.

Some might have bet on that.

To be honest though, the whole 'I dreamed the winning Lottery numbers' would have to be questioned and open to actual evidence (say, writing the numbers down in view of others, several hours before the lottery draw).

Because anyone winning the Lottery is going to be asked 'how did you come up with the winning numbers?' and the answer 'I dreamed the numbers' is far more media-worthy than 'I got a lucky dip at the local supermarket', so I suspect is sometimes quoted as truth by journalists.

Just putting this out there. The job I do is largely a bit of an uninspiring slog punctuated with customer complaint calls where I have to think and deal quickly. you never know which is which - a simple payment/finance/banking call where I'm taking customer payment or validating financial info - or else a complex/intricate customer compaint/issue that needs to be intelligently handled and followed through.

Anyway. Payment calls are dull and uninspiring and can get monotonous. There are a lot of them in the course of a day. also, "customer validation" is a necessary slog. This involves sending a text message to the mobile phone linked to the account, which only the registered customer should have access to. They read back the key part of the message, a four-digt pin number. if it concurs with the number which only the computer system holds (I never get to see it, I input what the caller tells me, and if it concurs, we're good) we have a green light to go.

Gets boring.

So with - on any call - 9999 possible permutations of digits, I'm getting into trying to break the monotony by predicting what the number I'm going to hear might be.

Look down, let fingers hover over numerical keypad, clear mind, let my index finger find the first number.

What worries me slightly is that I seem to be better at it than a 9999:1 chance might suggest. If I get that the first number is going to be 4, for instance, it almost always is. the "ability" then fades with progressively less chance of getting the second number right and diminishes again on the third. Although every so often I get a winning run.

When taking bank details I have to ask for expiry date of the bank card. Okay, these have a five-year "life" so therefore I am not going to get expiry dates later than 2026. ( a 1/5 chance of getting this right) But I'm almost always correctly predicting the month of expiry out of a choice of twelve.

I put this down to the sheer dull repetitiveness of the job itself. An ASC creeping in.

I'm also trying to apply this to selection of lottery numbers. We run two lines every week: one fixed set of numbers and one picked on the night. I try to use key numbers that crop up in the day from dealings with customers.

Last Tuesday: a total of £187 off the two lines (some numbers repeated).

I present this without explanation, much. There just isn't enough experimental data yet.

Last edited:
Just putting this out there. The job I do is largely a bit of an uninspiring slog punctuated with customer complaint calls where I have to think and deal quickly. you never know which is which - a simple payment/finance/banking call where I'm taking customer payment or validating financial info - or else a complex/intricate customer compaint/issue that needs to be intelligently handled and followed through.

Anyway. Payment calls are dull and uninspiring and can get monotonous. There are a lot of them in the course of a day. also, "customer validation" is a necessary slog. This involves sending a text message to the mobile phone linked to the account, which only the registered customer should have access to. They read back the key part of the message, a four-digt pin number. if it concurs with the number which only the computer system holds (I never get to see it, I input what the caller tells me, and if it concurs, we're good) we have a green light to go.

Gets boring.

So with - on any call - 9999 possible permutations of digits, I'm getting into trying to break the monotony by predicting what the number I'm going to hear might be.

Look down, let fingers hover over numerical keypad, clear mind, let my index finger find the first number.

What worries me slightly is that I seem to be better at it than a 9999:1 chance might suggest. If I get that the first number is going to be 4, for instance, it almost always is. the "ability" then fades with progressively less chance of getting the second number right and diminishes again on the third. Although every so often I get a winning run.

When taking bank details I have to ask for expiry date of the bank card. Okay, these have a five-year "life" so therefore I am not going to get expiry dates later than 2026. ( a 1/5 chance of getting this right) But I'm almost always predicting the month of expiry out of a choice of twelve.

I put this down to the sheer dull repetitiveness of the job itself. An ASC creeping in.

I'm also trying to apply this to selection of lottery numbers. We run two lines every week: one fixed set of numbers and one picked on the night. I try to use key numbers that crop up in the day from dealings with customers.

Last Tuesday: a total of £187 off the two lines (some numbers repeated).

I present this without explanation, much. There just isn't enough experimental data yet.
It seems that boredom is playing a role in your predictive abilities. This makes sense, because arousal, emotion, excitement, all create lots of mental noise that will interfere with the process. Maybe experimenters in precognition should try boring their subjects rigid before testing them?

It seems that boredom is playing a role in your predictive abilities. This makes sense, because arousal, emotion, excitement, all create lots of mental noise that will interfere with the process. Maybe experimenters in precognition should try boring their subjects rigid before testing them?
Tedium and sensory deprivation. That figures.

The winning run is more impressive. I'm no mathematician, but it seems like you would have a 1/10 chance of getting the first number correct, and the odds would diminish as the number got longer.

Just to clarify, did you actually win £187 ? Hooray ! :twothumbs:

An aunt of mine was known for spookiness. One of her tricks was supposed to be putting ideas into people's heads.

I was sceptical until one morning, driving home after a night shift, I had the urge to take an unusual route.

There at the bus stop was Auntie Val, on her way to the other end of town. I gladly took her all the way, much further than the bus would have.

I said 'How lucky I was passing!' and she said 'Luck had nothing to do with it! I just needed a lift and I knew someone would come!'

Val didn't know anything about my job. She was just spooky.
My well-weird Auntie Val was indeed a fount of spookiness. I'd half-expected her to pop back but she hasn't, to me anyway.

However, today I showed my sister a little video I made of the mourners in the pub after a family funeral.
This reminded her of the funeral of our Auntie Joan, sister of our mother and of Val.

Sis said 'Did you know, at Joan's funeral Ellen & Zoe (my nieces) both saw Val at the bar at the same time, and they said, 'Auntie Val!'
She smiled and disappeared. She was wearing trousers and an emerald green coat.'

I told Val's granddaughter who said 'Oh yes, Gran always wore trousers and I remember that green jacket!'

Long story short -
Two adult women at their great-aunt's wake saw their other great-aunt, also deceased, at the bar.
Deceased Aunt At The Bar smiled, waved and vanished.

My well-weird Auntie Val was indeed a fount of spookiness. I'd half-expected her to pop back but she hasn't, to me anyway.

However, today I showed my sister a little video I made of the mourners in the pub after a family funeral.
This reminded her of the funeral of our Auntie Joan, sister of our mother and of Val.

Sis said 'Did you know, at Joan's funeral Ellen & Zoe (my nieces) both saw Val at the bar at the same time, and they said, 'Auntie Val!'
She smiled and disappeared. She was wearing trousers and an emerald green coat.'

I told Val's granddaughter who said 'Oh yes, Gran always wore trousers and I remember that green jacket!'

Long story short -
Two adult women at their great-aunt's wake saw their other great-aunt, also deceased, at the bar.
Deceased Aunt At The Bar smiled, waved and vanished.
Nothing unusual, then.

I’ve written a few posts on this forum, about a converted flat that I used to live in, which there was a self-claimed medium who lived a few doors along.

Well, the day I moved in, I was shifting some boxes around in the living room, when there was a knock on the front door. I opened the door and standing there was the medium, who said something like “Hi I’m Joan and I live at number” She then stopped talking and looked me more closely then said ”You have got it haven’t you”? then she said “But you don’t know you have got it and sadly I don’t think you ever will”

I just wished her well and closed the front door. It made me feel a bit weird to be honest.

She used to give readings to neighbours, and I’d say she had a good batting average in her predictions.

She never charged a penny for her services, but would encourage the neighbours to put a couple of quid in a charity tin after each reading.

I’ve written a few posts on this forum, about a converted flat that I used to live in, which there was a self-claimed medium who lived a few doors along.

Well, the day I moved in, I was shifting some boxes around in the living room, when there was a knock on the front door. I opened the door and standing there was the medium, who said something like “Hi I’m Joan and I live at number” She then stopped talking and looked me more closely then said ”You have got it haven’t you”? then she said “But you don’t know you have got it and sadly I don’t think you ever will”

I just wished her well and closed the front door. It made me feel a bit weird to be honest.

She used to give readings to neighbours, and I’d say she had a good batting average in her predictions.

She never charged a penny for her services, but would encourage the neighbours to put a couple of quid in a charity tin after each reading.
She never told you what you'd got?

Back