• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Does the FT message board belong to THEM?

I was actually quite shocked when I checked just now to find that I only actually average 2.6 posts per day and my most active thread is Limericks. :?

BlackRiverFalls said:
I was actually quite shocked when I checked just now to find that I only actually average 2.6 posts per day and my most active thread is Limericks. :?

Yeah, well - I'm only 1.59 - as dominators we really are pretty rubbish.

My average is 1.65 posts per day, so yeah... not dominating...

and i thought my jokes where way more crap then yours myth, and i didnt even get a mention ... :(

titch said:
and i thought my jokes where way more crap then yours myth, and i didnt even get a mention ... :(

Thanks!
Hey, at least nobody hates you, Titch. Look on the bright side. :)

Mythopoeika said:
BlackRiverFalls said:
And he only ranked me 4th. :lol:

I was mentioned first. I feel like a target. :(

I got second, I should be happy with that. I remember a similar story on Indymedia where I didn't make the main hate list; I was just referred to as a henchman of one of those on it. :(

My name didn't appear on the overlord/clique list either. I shall now flounce.

*flounces*

It was a drive by comment. IMHO

Mytho asked the question, that put the poster in question into a corner on being more specific, so he received special attention. Most of the people mentioned were in the vicinity at the time and if others had been handy, they might have caught some flak, too.

No point in taking it too personally.

Being a newbie (kinda) I must say that I really enjoy this MB. Yes, some people do post more than others, but I don't see that as dominating. If someone disagrees with you it's not the end of the world, it's message board. Maybe some people take things a bit too seriously?

Any place where you can have a mature conversation about the Enfield polt is doing well IMO.
By the nature of these things some people will post more then others but i cant see one person or group dominating,the forum would be a lifeless dull place if that was the case,instead its a lively forum that's is capable of being as funny as "bottom" and as serious as "my family".

titch said:
its a lively forum that's is capable of being as funny as "bottom" and as serious as "my family".

:lol: That's made my day!!

titch said:
...its a lively forum that's is capable of being as funny as "bottom" and as serious as "my family".

I reckon you might have something, you know - this is almost word for word a couple of discussions I've been involved in on these threads.

escargot1 said:

*flounces*

May I flouce with you, Madame Mollusc?

*prepares to flounce*

Or me. I'll flounce too.

tries very very hard to flounce

Hang on

holds nose and jumps in manner of Rentaghost

Bugger! Forgot I'm tied to the mast!

Ravenstone said:
escargot1 said:

*flounces*

May I flouce with you, Madame Mollusc?

*prepares to flounce*

That's a niiiiice pair of flounces you've got there, ladies.

Why, thank you, SD :D

And Stu - you can't possibly flounce. Not in those heels.

Oh that's enjoyable. Put a mirror in the budgie cage & see who chirps...

I'd say the fact they take personal slight with humour, rather than leaping on the defensive, suggests rather more self-assurance and independent mindedness than you seem to think. You've really got a downer on this place, haven't you Max?

Bearing in mind what I said earlier about flaming, and trolling, and leaving personalities aside, perhaps you'd care to share what it is that really gets to you so much?

This is a pretty sane forum compared to other forums like Godlikeproductions.
What I like about the forum is that discussions usually are kept on a rational level.

Once in a while there comes posters like Human_84 to this board and makes some weird posts. I like that also.

MaxtheDog said:
Oh that's enjoyable. Put a mirror in the budgie cage & see who chirps...

*tweet* "Who's a clever boy then? *chirrup*

Where's me bleedin' cuttlefish bone, then?

Are you channeling Beak again?

Bugger! Forgot I'm tied to the mast!

I didn;t think it was your bondage night until Wednesday? :lol:

But at least it explains what you're doing in those heels. :lol: :lol:

There's just not enough real High Weirdness and mind boggling crazy stuff at the moment.

I pop over to Above Top Secret and Alex Jones's websites, nowadays, just to get a sense of what we might be missing. Not too much, I must admit, but something, nonetheless.

Pedestrian trolling doesn't really cut it.

Someone mentioned Human84, the other day. At least Human84 had his heart in the right place, even if his head was in the stars.

More sincere weirdness, folks, if you please. It's 20212, after all. If the paradigm shift isn't in the magnetic poles...

It will be in the mindset. I know this, because me and Sun Bear kicked around a flint nodule about it, in the medicine wheel, one time.

What a name dropping, ligger, I am...

Too right. I haven't seen much genuine weirdness recently either.
Bring on the weirdness!

More sincere weirdness, folks, if you please. It's 20212, after all. If the paradigm shift isn't in the magnetic poles...
Blimey, you're way ahead of us, can you check your history and let me know the lotery numbers for next week?

escargot1 said:
I have. 8)

Have you been in your underwear drawer again, Madame Mollusc? :lol:

Don't be a budgie, Storm. If you must be a bird, be either Captain Flint or Quoth!

"Pieces of eight! Pieces of eight! Nevermore!"

The key factor, and this applies to all online stuff, is you don't have to read it...

There are some mind-numbing debates on here, there are threads that appear to be personal propaganda archives for the sole member who keeps the thread alive, there are round-and-round arguments that you can dip in once every 6 months and find the same point being debated, there are threads that should just hold a direct link to the DM or Guardian to save the C&P-er's time... but the key is YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT!

There is also plenty of superb stuff, great nostalgic threads, some superb - usually C&P-ed - historic articles or picture galleries, there is always an angle or an exchange of ideas on the topic of the day, there is always someone who has been to that strange Fortean location you are headed to and can give you some tips, there is always someone with the common sense debunking of the story you have just read about but cannot quite believe and sometimes there is that post about the thing that truly does baffle and amaze you.

The FTMB can be whatever you want it to be, but that is the great thing, you are free to choose what you take from it. Come in, share your ideas, ignore the pompous know-it-alls, embrace the kooky dreamers - and give it long enough and on occasion the two will completely reverse.

How do we get the guests to join? At any given time theres up to 50 guests browsing the FTMB.

Back