• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dolls?

spillage said:
To solve this little mystery set up a video camera on them and link it through a vcr/rwdvd...and you'll probably notice that there is a lot of interference from using equipment. Subtle as it may be, it al adds up and cables/flexes etc always tangle. It's in their nature.
I always say when theres a half knot in wires, "A woman's touched it!" As it's usually the case. :lol:

I already have some security cameras all around the house,inside and out(this is from being broken into several time over the years) and nothing has turned up from them. the cords are not where my wife can reach them,and I have the only key (to my knowledge) to open the box they are in.
I made a "safe" to cover them so our cameras and VCR(also in the "safe") could not be tampered with by intruders.

Ah, I see. Sorry...I was of course joking about women touching them and them being knotted.
I would offer the possibility of static electricity, temperature difference, vibrations or electro magnetic inteference to be the culprit. If the cables are in half knots, then we are looking at possible anti-physics, as this would defy it completely. But then again sadly...we'd have only your word for it.
My flexes/cables are always tangled and twisted, but they aren't in any specific order or cased in any conduits or tidies. I have experience with other cables being tangled though. I'm in a band and we always take ages untangling, labeling and seperating out and tying speaker, microphone and extension cables. Placing them neatly in a case and storing them where noone else touches them, only to find them a week or so later......tangled to buggery! Maybe there's some similar force of nature going on here as physical memory...like when a distorted piece of plastic tries to retain its original shape? Maybe theres a certain ammount of stress in the cables which allows them to resist their current position. After all...we've all seen telephone receiver wires take the piss and tangle and twist at the drop of a hat....*Hmmmm....some research is called for here on the properties of electrical wires*
Interesting one this. ;)

Think there needs to be a clear definition; if cables are knotting themselves, then that's odd. But tangling; hate to say it, but (and I swear this is true) there is an entire body of research on the tangling properties of cable. Apparently, each cable has two sets of values, known as 'coil' and, erm, something else, which define the capacity to tangle itself up.

Look, I'm not making this up, honest.

That's brilliant! I did think about it and thought there must be some recognised research into it!
Nice one! I shall look into it somewhere and time.
Coil and twist perhaps?

They are not actually in a knot, but almost like they have been braided,you know lines crossed over one another even though they are still plugged into the same place , they become twisted around each other.
There is a slot in the enclosure instead of a hole for each line, so it's not like they are isolated on each end ,but for them to end up this way either they would have to be unplugged and crossed or the devices they go to would have to be picked up and moved around each other. I take it others experience this as well? That someone has researched into this?
I have a half cocked theory that it has something to do with the electromagnetic field around the wires and the fact that they are twisted strands,but nothing I could prove nor demonstrate. :(

Edited for horrible spelling.

That then is the same as being knotted and needs serious investigation!
Unless the twisting was done before the appliences or plugs were fused together and not noticed, it is physically *now known* impossible.
Either someone is pissing about with your gear, or something very very strange is afoot.
(The "not noticed" applies to a wide field of reasons)...
Let us know if anything else becomes apparent mate.
Cheers.

Ummmmmm you guys....

Surely you know the "Law of Christmas Lights"?

I made it up but basically it states that upon carefully and neatly putting your Christmas lights away after the season is over, they will ALWAYS ALWAYS tangle themselves up into giant knots. It's just they way they are.

Personally, I think they are trying to escape.

Same law applies to the current thread here.

Dear spillage

Yes you could go to the Cashtown Inn and videotape all you want. We were there last Halloween and after checking out several recommended sites on the battlefields we returned to the Inn. We took the camera down to the small lobby and were videotaping at at the stroke of midnight. There was a LOUD crash from the glass etagere that is used to display civil war bullets etc but nothing was out of place or damaged on the shelves. While we were in the lobby I looked down the small hallway between the dining room and the kitchen in the back and saw a man's shadow slip into the kitchen. Didn't get it on tape though, rats. :x One interesting thing is that the basement of the Inn is flooded by a natural spring. It was built over the spring originally to maintain a water supply and was used to float barrels of beer and wine to keep them cold. Now the Innkeepers keep Koi fish in the water (around 1-2 feet in depth) and they have planks set down to walk over the water. Really odd. In the guest room I was in I woke up at 3 am to the most brilliant blinding light out of the bathroom and there are repeated reports of stuff going missing from women's purses and suitcases only to turn up later in other places. This also happened to me and the possibility of a light fingered or curious employee is lessened because the bag was locked. To get this post back on track the voices are said to come from the chimney stack and cellar where slaves were hidden. The Inn was a stop on the Underground Railroad so people have attributed the voices to the children that were hidden awaiting escape. The dolls are oppressive and feel like they are watching you and to top it off there is a child's rocker that reportedly moves. The dolls got to me so bad I tossed them all in the closet. The next night I woke up to the sensation that something (not a person, or a doll :lol: ) was stroking my forehead!! Also 3 am.... prime time at the Cashtown Inn.

Bah! Why on Earth wasn't the camera on during these events! That would have been good!
Yorkshire to the Cashtown Inn would surely take a lot of cash! hehe

I've got 2 creepy things to say about dolls.

1) I used to have an Alf doll, and I swear that it moved once on its own!!

2) On the program 'sightings' back in 98 or so, I saw a house that was haunted in which this happened: There was a room full of dolls, the door could be shut, you come back 5 minutes later and the dolls are completely rearranged. Nobody was in the room except for the apparent 'ghost'.

key west haunted doll

Yes and what about the super creepy doll that was owned by an artist on Key West? Supposedly the doll could be seen looking out of the third floor "tower" room to which it had been banished by the artist's wife. It walked around up there! It's got to be on the net somewhere. It is the oddest looking thing. People felt a presence...since the artist died and the doll has been "living" at a museum it's been slowly fading...dying! I'll see if I can search for a picture of it.

robert the doll

you can see "Robert" at: www.hauntedtours.com/Robert.html
They are actually selling Robert knock offs. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for a pic.So funny that Key West declared a "Blame it on Robert" day for his 100th anniversary last October.

Re: robert the doll

Numenorian said:
you can see "Robert" at: www.hauntedtours.com/Robert.html
They are actually selling Robert knock offs. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for a pic.

Ohhh forget that I wouldnt go anywhere near the thing!!!! I rarely get bad vibes but I got some looking at it.

Silly Human! You're not an alien after all! hehe!
That tale stinks like dogshit I am afraid to say. What a load of pretentious desperate tourist shit! *Study failing business and then reply!*

The doll looks like a typical American kid. The bollocks involved in the text just bolsters the bollocks in the story! Sorry if that offends anyone cos I don't mean to offend, just to be blunt and truthful.
Oh aye, dolls walking or moving? Yes... My arse is also the president of America! *That's more believeable actually! hehehe! The two claims though....are as equally substantial, if you think about it!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Giggle! Sorry Diabolic....I have had rather a few down me and that....But someone has to say it...lol
No offence. I'm just representing something else hehe....
*Gathers cotton type fibres woven in a manner as to provide insulation from differing temperatures together and drapes said material over one's physical form then perambulates in a direction which is opposite, or in an eventual opposite to other persons present.*

I wish you lived closer to me; I think we'd have a laugh. :)

yeah it's a shame we can't all have a pint together!

Leaferne said:
I wish you lived closer to me; I think we'd have a laugh. :)

And _I_ wish your arse was president of this country! I'm sure we'd be in better shape! :lol:

present presidents

have a seat everyone, the floor show has started! :madeyes:

and H/J, I think we DO have a president like him already..THAT'S the problem!!! You know...lurching, distainful (apparently) of education and inordinately proud of presenting himself as common. His (W's) favorite book is The Hungry Caterpillar, but I don't think he's ever tried poetry........

I looked for my reflection amongst the weeds..
But people kept getting in the way [I'm sure it was inadvertent, ed.]
I wrapped myself in some tissue...
And wandered off as a big pile of pulp.....wet pulp.........
Ahhhh...

Never laugh at a live dragon

Human_84 said:

2) On the program 'sightings' back in 98 or so, I saw a house that was haunted in which this happened: There was a room full of dolls, the door could be shut, you come back 5 minutes later and the dolls are completely rearranged. Nobody was in the room except for the apparent 'ghost'.

Did they prove this with a BEFORE & AFTER picture, or was it their usual psychic just claiming such?

I reading this in the middle of the day, surrounded by people and I'm still seriously freaked out!
Robert the doll - arrrggghhh!!!!

Oo-er...There's always the back end of June at the York meet.
*See relevent thread for details*
Who did you mean when you said, " I wish you lived closer to me; I think we'd have a laugh."?

Omg...Robert the Doll is the freakiest looking thing I have ever seen. And somewhere, I have seen that pic before...can't remember where though.

(Redhead runs away screaming................!!!!) :eek!!!!:

PaZZa said:
Human_84 said:

Did they prove this with a BEFORE & AFTER picture, or was it their usual psychic just claiming such?

They were in the room with video cameras, then they moved to the living room and back.

spillage said:
Who did you mean when you said, " I wish you lived closer to me; I think we'd have a laugh."?

I think she was referring to you spillage.

Human_84 said:
PaZZa said:
Human_84 said:

They were in the room with video cameras, then they moved to the living room and back.

They actually dissapeared on camera, then reappeared?

On a similar note, I recently bought two old (well, dating from the 1950's or 60's anyway) carved wooden Easter Island statuettes in a street market in Utrect, Holland.

These figures stand about 7" inches tall and looked good sat atop our bamboo cocktail bar in the lounge (my wife and I are both fans of the 'Tiki' style!).

Anyway, a few days after the figures had been originally placed on the bar about 4" inches apart, I noticed that they were both positioned side by side without any space inbetween them. I reasoned that my wife had moved them but she denied this. I moved them apart again and thought nothing of it until a few days later they had moved back together again!

This happened each time they were moved apart and I was fast beginning to think that they might be cursed. However, since the statues were very light and the bar surface is very shiny and hence slippery, it was becomiing obvious that vibrations were drawing them together over the course of a few days. Indeed, after experimenting with this idea (well, jumping up and down near the bar to create vibrations!) the effect was revealed; the two figures were sliding together and almost dancing as they did so!

The normally imperceptable vibrations caused by traffic (both human and vehicular) and household appliances was the actual cause of what had seemed a strange event from the outset.

Back