• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams & Predictions.

http://www.counterpunch.org/leupp03142011.html

In the 1990 film Yume (“Dreams”) by Kurosawa Akira, based upon the great film director’s own dreams, there is a short piece called “Mt. Fuji in Red.” In the nightmare, people are fleeing from an earthquake along a bridge. Several---a woman and her two small children, a man in a suit, and a man dressed casually---pause to stare up at Mt. Fuji, realizing in horror that it is erupting. (This is entirely conceivable. It last erupted in 1707 and has erupted about 75 times in the last 2200 years.) A huge radioactive red cloud appears on the horizon as huge columns of flame envelop the mountain. The uniformed man notes that the mountain is ringed by six atomic plants. They flee, although he declares that because Japan is small there’s no escape.

Does this mean we can expect giant dandelions as well? Worth mentioning that Dreams was co-directed by Ishiro Honda, the man behind many a Godzilla epic and thus no stranger to cinematic doom and disaster.

hi just wanted to note this dream which while not exactly precognitive was interesting and maybe ... coincidental or even ... clairvoyant ???

i recently met some fairly distant cousins for the first time and i spent a weekend at their country cottage near owen sound ontario ... its lakeside so we sat up late and lit a fire and had a few beers by the water - my cousin is a recently retired carpenter and he had built various things around his holiday home including a woodshed and workshop etc etc ... fairly handy ... the last thing we talked about was a trip i am soon planning to make across canada to b.c. we then put out the fire and crashed

that night i dreamt that john ( the cousin ) was the station master at a miniature railway and the station was like a handmade wooden bench ... however the track coming into the bench was somehow different to the track leaving on the other side and this meant the little train had to be lifted off one track and placed on the other ( they didnt connect ) ... the train ran the entire way across canada from coast to coast and was operated by my cousin ... there was another part of the dream where i was explaining another dream i had had about a train populated by a travelling freak show heading across canada ... as i was explaining the dream ( still in the dream here ! ) the dream was actually being projected onto a film screen in the room as i was in - as if it were some kind of presentation i was giving

anyway the following morning i told my dream to my cousins wife over breakfast ( before my cousin woke up ) and she said that johns lifelong ambition was to own and operate a miniature railway ! when he woke up and joined us we talked about it and both agreed although we had mentioned my trip across canada we hadnt mentioned trains or miniature railways ( itll be a road trip in any case as we both understood ) or his ambition to run one

oddly we both knew the same miniature railway in manchester england ( he was born there but left when i was 3 - this is the first time weve met ) at a place called wollaton park

Back