• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams That Have Come True

... I used to have these two friends. Debbie and Anne.

One day, Debbie called me, to tell me of a strange and disturbing dream she'd had , about our mutual friend, Anne.
In the dream, Anne was moving away and had put her house up for sale. Debbie was interested in buying it and had gone round to have a look at it. The house was everything Debbie was looking for, except for one thing. One of the rooms was filled with gravestones.

Just for clarification ... Did Anne really own a house at the time Debbie dreamed this, and did Debbie indicate the house in her dream was Anne's "real world" house?

I once dreamed it was morning and I was making a cup of coffee, I woke up and within 5 mins I WAS making a cup of coffee. Go figure.

Back in 1976, when there was a prediction of a swine flu outbreak in the U.S., President Gerald Ford ordered a massive immunization program, asking everyone in the country to get the shot. I was just a teen at the time, but having developed a tendency to question authority I half-jokingly came up with all manner of conspiracy theories, such as the vaccine containing mind control drugs.

On the day the vaccines were first offered, I took an afternoon nap. I dreamed that people were dropping dead after getting the shot. When I woke up, the news was full of reports of people who WERE dying after the shot, in numbers higher than pure chance should allow.

Although the deaths were ultimately not linked to the vaccine, other concerns - involving cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome - eventually led to the vaccination program being ended.

Been meaning to post about something my sister told me many years ago. Some of the details escape me, and I don't recall just when all this happened, but it's an interesting story and I have no reason to doubt it.

One night, Sis woke from a dream, feeling disturbed and a bit frightened. She had a vivid dream involving a journey on a train in a place where she couldn't understand what anyone was saying. She couldn't find P, her husband, in the confusion after some kind of accident. It was the middle of the night, far from any town or city, and the train was stopped. She woke in a panic. None of it made a lick of sense to her waking self, but she was still feeling the effects of a dangerous situation. Rail travel in them parts had not been a thing for decades, and she probably had never ridden on a train.

Some months later, P got a call from T, an old friend who had been living in Texas for the past several years. They had been very close friends but didn't see one another much. T was married to H, who was from a Mexican family. They wanted to go to Mexico for a vacation, and asked S and P to come along. So off they all went, across the border, with H being the only one who knew any Spanish, and she wasn't quite fluent. After a day or two, the group decided they wanted to travel to some interesting destination, and the way to get there appeared to be by train.

They bought first class tickets, as the fares seemed very low. When it came time to board the train, it became obvious that the only real difference in tickets amounted to one costing a bit more than the other. The boarding was chaotic on the crowded train, and the group got separated. As this was an overnight trip, Sis realized that the scene was looking familiar. Late in the night, there were loud noises and shuddering as the train lurched to a stop in pretty much the middle of nowhere. There was much excitement, and lots of people piled out of the cars to see what was going on.

Sis had a vague idea of where P was, and that was about it. She disembarked, and somehow the group found one another. The reason T and H lived in Texas was that he worked for the railroad, so he wiggled his way in to get a look at what the problem was. He told the rest of the group that it was very serious, and they were lucky the train had not derailed. After a few hours, I think it was, the train continued on to its destination, where further adventures awaited, but none so exciting as the train ride.

Back