• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Emotional Support Animals On Airline Flights

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Birds of a feather may flock together, but United Airlines recently shot down one traveler’s request to bring her emotional support peacock on a flight departing Newark Liberty International Airport.

180130-peacock-img_1561-ac-851p_be6a5ec2bb97266864a820ff1ce06f8f.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Even though the unidentified woman claimed that she had a second ticket for the peacock, the airline denied her request.

A spokesperson for United further tells Fox News that the traveler(s) with the peacock were told they would not be able to bring it on board.

"This animal did not meet guidelines for a number of reasons, including its weight and size. We explained this to the customers on three separate occasions before they arrived at the airport," said United in a statement.

Photos of the unusual scene were shared to Facebook.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/...otional-support-peacock-on-united-flight.html

maximus otter

Birds of a feather may flock together, but United Airlines recently shot down one traveler’s request to bring her emotional support peacock on a flight departing Newark Liberty International Airport.

180130-peacock-img_1561-ac-851p_be6a5ec2bb97266864a820ff1ce06f8f.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Even though the unidentified woman claimed that she had a second ticket for the peacock, the airline denied her request.

A spokesperson for United further tells Fox News that the traveler(s) with the peacock were told they would not be able to bring it on board.

"This animal did not meet guidelines for a number of reasons, including its weight and size. We explained this to the customers on three separate occasions before they arrived at the airport," said United in a statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/...otional-support-peacock-on-united-flight.html

maximus otter

Excellent!

Surely a pisstake though?

Further, as of March, Delta will not allow exotic emotional support animals including ferrets, insects, spiders, goats or animals with tusks or hooves to fly.

Although it looks as if many passengers have been taking the piss with United given the above.

maximus otter

Anyway, thanks for cheering me up on a gloomy Wintery day.

Excellent!

Surely a pisstake though?

Further, as of March, Delta will not allow exotic emotional support animals including ferrets, insects, spiders, goats or animals with tusks or hooves to fly.

Although it looks as if many passengers have been taking the piss with United given the above.

Aw, and I was wanting to take my emotional support Brazilian Wandering Spider with me on my hols.

I have an emotional support psychopathic Welsh Terrier. I'm sure he'd be just fine.

(All Welsh Terriers are psychopathic - they all think the world is run exclusively for their convenience - mine adds OCD to the mix)

FFS...

I understand the idea that an animal can be calming to people with stress or anxiety, but insisting on carrying a bloody peacock around with you is just ridiculous, and selfish, like those people who insist on having assistance ponies instead of dogs, they're just not psychologically suited to those jobs.

I've always wanted pony too, but I'm not going to buy a tiny one and drag it around the damn supermarket with me, just to make me feel better :pthumbsd:

Last edited:
If I have to take animals anywhere I am always on edge waiting
for them to crap on or otherwise destroy something not belonging
to me no matter how well behaved the animal is, even though I
do like animals just I prefer other peoples.

FFS...

I understand the idea that an animal can be calming to people with stress or anxiety, but insisting on carrying a bloody peacock around with you is just ridiculous, and selfish, like those people who insist on having assistance ponies instead of dogs, they're just not psychologically suited to those jobs.

I've always wanted pony too, but I'm not going to buy a tiny one and drag it around the damn supermarket with me, just to make me feel better :pthumbsd:

I dunno. Couple of saddlebags and it can carry your shopping.

Many years back I used to transport animals now and then
strangely the one I had most trouble with was a Peacock,
About 10 years back my daughter worked at a mini mart
in the next village a Peacock pheasant and a quail used to
walk round the village in line astern as though they owend
it, they were forever chasing them out of the shop.

If people need that much emotional support, they really need therapy.

Aren't wolverines just grumpy all the time?

No kidding as American Airlines bans goats.

Starting 1 July, passengers on American Airlines flights will be prohibited from flying with frogs, hedgehogs, and goats even if they are therapy animals.

The airline published a new policy on Tuesday in response to a rise in people flying with so-called emotional support animals on board with them.

In addition to expanding the list of banned creatures, the carrier will also require a doctor's note for any animal.

Tusked animals will be banned from flying, but miniature horses will not.

The new ruling expands the airline's banned creatures list to include amphibians, spiders, goats, snakes, "non-household birds", or any smelly or unclean animal.

Reptiles, hedgehogs, insects, and rodents are also banned, as well as any "animals with tusks, horns or hooves (excluding miniature horses properly trained as service animals)".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44132340

... Reptiles, hedgehogs, insects, and rodents are also banned, as well as any "animals with tusks, horns or hooves (excluding miniature horses properly trained as service animals)". ...

I think I see a potential loophole accommodating miniature service-trained unicorns ... :reyes:

Gotta run ... I'm frantically trying to cancel the orders I placed with TheraPython.com and KomfortKomodo.com.

No kidding as American Airlines bans goats.

Starting 1 July, passengers on American Airlines flights will be prohibited from flying with frogs, hedgehogs, and goats even if they are therapy animals.

The airline published a new policy on Tuesday in response to a rise in people flying with so-called emotional support animals on board with them.

In addition to expanding the list of banned creatures, the carrier will also require a doctor's note for any animal.

Tusked animals will be banned from flying, but miniature horses will not.

The new ruling expands the airline's banned creatures list to include amphibians, spiders, goats, snakes, "non-household birds", or any smelly or unclean animal.

Reptiles, hedgehogs, insects, and rodents are also banned, as well as any "animals with tusks, horns or hooves (excluding miniature horses properly trained as service animals)".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44132340
Where would they even be able to keep an emotional support miniature horse ? .. in the aeroplane isle ? .. it's going to suffocate if it's kept in the hold (or whatever the belly part of an aeroplane is called) surely ?

Is my emotional support wife going to make it? She’s not particularly smelly, and only manifests tusks, horns and hooves at certain phases of the moon...

Ha!

This caused me to flash on a prospective comedy sketch ...

Baphomet, a Reptilian Overlord, and Davy Jones (a la Pirates of the Caribbean) arrive at a departure gate, only to be barred from boarding until and unless they can prove they're not someone else's (prohibited) comfort creature. Surrealistic hilarity ensues ...

Back