• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Encounters On Netflix About UFO Landing In Wales

Here's a question, do School kids still see UFO's? Or was it something to do with the prevailing zeitgeist of the time?
I think they are mostly looking at their mobile phones, not their surroundings. However, high strangeness has its way of intruding, so there should still be some, in the case of a genuine high strangeness encounter.

I saw one in the 1960s as a schoolkid. It was later identified, but maybe kids used to look up a lot more in those days. I seem to remember pointing it out to several adults, who were all too preoccupied to look up.

Kids nowadays probably look at their phones too much to see things in the skies.

I saw one in the 1960s as a schoolkid. It was later identified, but maybe kids used to look up a lot more in those days. I seem to remember pointing it out to several adults, who were all too preoccupied to look up.

Kids nowadays probably look at their phones too much to see things in the skies.
Or making fake 'ghost' pictures on their phones to scrare their friends.

They are so fixated on their phones they walk under cars the powers that be are trying their best to make drivers responsible for their safety as they know full well they won’t get the kids to look up

There's a new series on Netflix entitled "Encounters"; episode one featuring the Broad Haven UFO incident. David Clarke is in episode 2.
Broad Haven school: the Unidentified Flying Object that never left the ground (UGO?) and was probably a slurry tanker or similar (sadly). Only one boy 'saw' the Mr Spock alien and pretty sure he didn't actually witness the UGO but rather made it all up over the weekend or on Monday morning

A couple of miles away at Ripperstone Farm there was poltergeist activity, cows teleporting, several multiple-witness, actual UFO and silver-suited humanoid sightings, ,MIB with car (but silver not black), possible military involvement etc etc

Yet it's always those kids....

By accident I ran across Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Production “ Encounters” on Netflix.

I just had time to watch a few minutes of the first episode was about Stephenville,Texas about many witnesses watched a UFO being chased by military jets and how this sighting got big in the news media.

Japanese news people came from Japan looking for UFOs.

In the opening there were some “ words of great wisdom “ in that most people don’t believe because they have never seen anything.

Seeing is believing.

I plan to watch more of this documentary.

Here's a report by MUFON about the Stephenville event;
https://www.ufocasebook.com/pdf/mufonstephenvilleradarreport.pdf

...and an analysis by Tim Printy who doesn't believe a word of it; there were a lot of jets flying through this space at the time, and none of the pilots have come forward to say they were 'chasing UFOs'. Every aspect of this case can be explained by conventional aircraft flying around in the dark.
http://www.astronomyufo.com/UFO/svilletx.htm
It seems though that the key words here are. . . 'if' they were conventional aircraft flying around in the dark?

Going into the second episode of “ encounters “ the program talked about the pros and cons of the Ariel a School sighting.

Since it was a Christian run school it was talked about if people believe in an unseen god, why can’t people believe in UFOs and aliens ?

The real “ punch” was the same lady head schoolmaster who was there when the UFO landed for the first time revealed that she was abducted three times.

The program emphasized that John Mack became an outcast in his profession since he was investigating UFOs.

Sadly, in his later life Mack was hit killed by a drunk driver in London crossing a London street.

If you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras,
Ha. . . even Zebras have hoofs though.
1695920718906.png

Two weeks after the Ariel School event, the lady headmaster for the first time recounts that the aliens came to her bedroom being one of three visits.

The second visit the headmaster claims the aliens were worried about her health.

On the third visit the aliens wanted the headmaster to travel with them, but she refused and the headmaster claimed the aliens never came back.

This from a lady who has managed the school flawlessly for 33 years.

Episode number 3 was “ Broad Haven UFO “ Wales.

I personally never heard of this UFO event, but it seems it was a big situation for people who lived in this area, and made big news event in the UK in 1977.

It seems there was some crazy stuff like giant aliens, another school where a UFO landed on the playground, 120 cows being zapped from one farm to another, and UFOs coming out of small island very close to the coast.

People talked about the fairies that lived in Wales.

Kids at the Broad Haven school independently drew the same UFO with a red light on top.

Really crazy.

I'm thinking that Netflix is shuffling the episodes depending on the country of the viewer, because Broad Haven came up as Episode 1 for me.

Reactions: BS3
Indeed, the episodes have been shuffled around depending on the country.

The 4th and last episode tried to make the point that UFOs are trying to make the earth safe.

The example was in 1986 Chernobyl nuclear plant was on the brink of catastrophe, and many witnesses claimed that a UFO flew over the nuclear plant and a white light from the UFO immediately reduced the level of radioactivity to acceptable levels.

In my opinion, I am not ready to say the UFOs are the “ good guys “.

In the Broad Haven, Wales UfO incident a farmer swears on cameras that his 120 cows locked up were transported to a neighboring farm which this farmer says was an absolutely impossible thing.

When MUFOn people came to Broad Heaven to try to talk to people, real footage film showed a large crowd of scared people anxious to talk to the MUFON people.

The MUFON people were just beside themselves.

Some people claimed hoax saying what people saw were firemen In silver fireproof suits from a nearby petro plant.

Was this mass hysteria ?

In the Broad Haven, Wales UfO incident a farmer swears on cameras that his 120 cows locked up were transported to a neighboring farm which this farmer says was an absolutely impossible thing.

When MUFOn people came to Broad Heaven to try to talk to people, real footage film showed a large crowd of scared people anxious to talk to the MUFON people.

The MUFON people were just beside themselves.

Some people claimed hoax saying what people saw were firemen In silver fireproof suits from a nearby petro plant.

Was this mass hysteria ?
@charliebrown You can read the most reputable account of these encounters here:

https://www.babiafi.co.uk/2022/02/the-dyfed-enigma.html

Curiously, 'teleporting' cows were also a feature of the Alan Godfrey 1980 Todmorden case ("there was a white flash and [the cows] were gone")

Going into the second episode of “ encounters “ the program talked about the pros and cons of the Ariel a School sighting.

Since it was a Christian run school it was talked about if people believe in an unseen god, why can’t people believe in UFOs and aliens ?

The real “ punch” was the same lady head schoolmaster who was there when the UFO landed for the first time revealed that she was abducted three times.

The program emphasized that John Mack became an outcast in his profession since he was investigating UFOs.

Sadly, in his later life Mack was hit killed by a drunk driver in London crossing a London street.
I remember getting really into the Fortean Times and reading about John Mack in the early 90s. I was shocked when I looked him up on wikipedia in recent years, read details about his death/realised I had walked down that road a few times since I had moved not that far away, a few years before.

This program pointed out how viscously Harvard University turned against Mack when the university found out he was investigating alien abduction.

Mack almost got kicked out of Harvard who would have been the first tenured teacher in their history to get kicked out.

We have various threads dedicated to the same British humanoids and UFOs wave of 1976-78, with Wales the undoubted focal point but also similar encounters elsewhere. Also some cases in the years before and after the main window of the events. Is it worth bringing all these together under a single thread and digging into the similarities, discrepancies and both rational and Fortean explanations...?

What we do know is, that looking back over the past nearly 50 years, this was a unique time in British Ufology and that researchers and the media were on the ground as events unfolded. We haven't seen its like again, and subsequent UFO waves (eg Bonnybridge) were lacking these silver-suited humanoids. So, Cold War shenanigans, pranksters in fire suits, hysteria or just possibly some sort of visitation from another, alien civilisation or some sort of inter-dimensional manifestations with an age-old 'intelligent other' using the archetype of the Apollo moon landing suits to present itself to us befuddled humans...?

We have various threads dedicated to the same British humanoids and UFOs wave of 1976-78, with Wales the undoubted focal point but also similar encounters elsewhere. Also some cases in the years before and after the main window of the events. Is it worth bringing all these together under a single thread and digging into the similarities, discrepancies and both rational and Fortean explanations...?

What we do know is, that looking back over the past nearly 50 years, this was a unique time in British Ufology and that researchers and the media were on the ground as events unfolded. We haven't seen its like again, and subsequent UFO waves (eg Bonnybridge) were lacking these silver-suited humanoids. So, Cold War shenanigans, pranksters in fire suits, hysteria or just possibly some sort of visitation from another, alien civilisation or some sort of inter-dimensional manifestations with an age-old 'intelligent other' using the archetype of the Apollo moon landing suits to present itself to us befuddled humans...?
Does this suggest (possibly) that other life forms from 'out there - or from in there, somewhere' are limited to when they are able to pass/journey this way?

Does this suggest (possibly) that other life forms from 'out there - or from in there, somewhere' are limited to when they are able to pass/journey this way?
I personally believe the archetype evolves as we ourselves evolve. Hence the phantom airships at the dawn of powered flight, the ghost rockets at the dawn of space flight and then these space-suited humanoids during the 1970s when we were trying to find life on Mars, astronauts would surely follow the robot landers and we would eventually travel to all of the planets. You might also argue those those classic flying saucers behaved as drones do nowadays, another step forward in flight technology and already being used in warfare.

What then seems to have happened in the 1990s was that the space alien archetype peaked and somewhat imploded as the abduction crowd and those Whitley Strieber gray aliens entered mainstream consciousness. Then we have the emergence of the cryptids, those werewolves, dog-men, big black puma-like cats and even the British Bigfoot. These creatures that appeared and disappeared at will and terrified as with those glowing red eyes are much more in line with contemporary science-fiction than aliens in space suits. Furthermore, we stand on the verge of being able to create such creatures in laboratories (as well as reviving extinct species such as the woolly mammoth and the thylacine). The 00's infatuation with Zombies? I give you the Black-Eyed Kids...

Preceding all of the above were the little people, elves, giants, faeries, leprechauns etc and their ability to shift bewettwwen dimensions and time and take unwitting humans with them

Since these phenomena are all related to trends in human culture over history, it seems obvious that these have a psycho-social explanation rather than any extraterrestrial or extra-dimensional connection.

The current trend is UAPs, phenomena which appear in the far distance and can barely be seen even using modern sensor equipment and electronic cameras. A far cry from the Adamski saucers with their clearly-visible portholes.

Back