• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Excessive Plastic Surgery: Real, Fake & Urban Legends

I'm relieved to learn this morning (through the power of the internet) that silicone breast implants don't explode when a body is being cremated .. so that was another urban myth. Silicone burns just like any other organic matter. I used to feel bad for the crematorium staff about that before learning this.

edit:
What happens to silicone implants when cremated?

Image result for breast implants and cremation

In a furnace, silicone may burn up, but not the metal in implants – such as titanium or cobalt alloy. It is often separated from the ash and disposed of separately. Even tiny amounts of precious metals such as gold fillings can be discovered by waving a metal-detector over the ashes.

I think a lot of the problem with these enhanced lips is that you just don't know how you are going to look. So you might just want a tiny bit of a 'pout', but once you've got the stuff in it looks as though your mouth is trying to turn inside out.

Quite why people go back and get more in is a mystery to me.

I think a lot of the problem with these enhanced lips is that you just don't know how you are going to look. So you might just want a tiny bit of a 'pout', but once you've got the stuff in it looks as though your mouth is trying to turn inside out.

Quite why people go back and get more in is a mystery to me.
One of my bezzas in 'real life' .. aka not on the internet, was concerned her boobs had dropped. Even though she's a lesbian, it's still not really my place as a 'man' to make any kind of response comment about her tits. Then she went on to attack her facial appearance because she's got facial wrinkles. I couldn't hold back .. "LOOK! .. I'm not 17 anymore either mate but your wrinkles are ace FFS! .. every time you yell at us, they do something different and when you're happy they look even better.". (her wrinkles, not her tits)

Kim Kardashian lookalike and OnlyFans model dies of cardiac arrest after plastic surgery

“A Kim Kardashian lookalike and OnlyFans star died of cardiac arrest following a plastic surgery procedure.

Christina Ashten Gourkani, 34 — also known as Ashten G on the internet — died in the hospital last Thursday, April 20, while in recovery from the surgery.”

An apparently genuine photo (There are other, similar ones):

NYPICHPDPICT000010171234.jpg

https://nypost.com/2023/04/26/kim-kardashian-lookalike-onlyfans-model-dies-after-plastic-surgery/

In what dimension is that degree of mutilation even sane, much less attractive?

maximus otter
It's horrendous and creepy, and our newspapers have reported many deaths from improper butt implants -
Much easier (and safer) to exercise if you ask me!
The Kardashians have been such a negative influence on society - starting with Kim's video, then wandering onto her various body parts, none of which need to be seen every single week. Their tv show is still being shown daily, since 2007, why would anyone in their right mind watch any of that!

I'm relieved to learn this morning (through the power of the internet) that silicone breast implants don't explode when a body is being cremated .. so that was another urban myth. Silicone burns just like any other organic matter. I used to feel bad for the crematorium staff about that before learning this.

edit:
What happens to silicone implants when cremated?

Image result for breast implants and cremation

In a furnace, silicone may burn up, but not the metal in implants – such as titanium or cobalt alloy. It is often separated from the ash and disposed of separately. Even tiny amounts of precious metals such as gold fillings can be discovered by waving a metal-detector over the ashes.

They’re also useful forensically: Being uniquely serial-numbered - bet you didn’t know that - they are often used to identify bodies, as in this case.

maximus otter

It's horrendous and creepy, and our newspapers have reported many deaths from improper butt implants -
Much easier (and safer) to exercise if you ask me!
People don't want to exercise. They want a short cut. Exercise is haaaard, and you get sweaty, and you can't do it whilst pouting on Insta.

So they'd rather have lots of pretty pictures of themselves in a hospital gown, looking winsome and pouting on Insta and be able to show off the result in weeks rather than have months of incrimental progress which they have to work at.

They’re also useful forensically: Being uniquely serial-numbered - bet you didn’t know that - they are often used to identify bodies, as in this case.

maximus otter
I didn't know that, you win that bet. How did you get on with your penis size reduction surgery the other day btw mate?.

I didn't know that, you win that bet. How did you get on with your penis size reduction surgery the other day btw mate?.

It had to be a two-stage op as the surgery couldn't accommodate it. The doc's taken on additional staff, so we should be complete for Ladies' Day at Ascot. If the scaffolding arrives.

Doc: "You know what women say."

Me: " "Ouch?" "

maximus otter

People don't want to exercise. They want a short cut. Exercise is haaaard, and you get sweaty, and you can't do it whilst pouting on Insta.

So they'd rather have lots of pretty pictures of themselves in a hospital gown, looking winsome and pouting on Insta and be able to show off the result in weeks rather than have months of incrimental progress which they have to work at.
Perhaps they feel as if they're on their own tv show? LOL!

Exercise also doesn't change your basic body shape. If your family is lean and slender, no amount of exercise will add extra fat deposits onto boobs, buttocks or wherever.

Social media of any kind has made body dysmorphia more prominent. People are constantly being bombarded with how they should look. And the "looks" are now trends, which is really sick.

Exercise also doesn't change your basic body shape. If your family is lean and slender, no amount of exercise will add extra fat deposits onto boobs, buttocks or wherever.

Social media of any kind has made body dysmorphia more prominent. People are constantly being bombarded with how they should look. And the "looks" are now trends, which is really sick.
Exercise may not change your body shape, but it sure can perk things up - especially butts and legs! :)

I read an article I cannot now find, but it explained with statistical support how it's a two-pronged attack:

Prolonged exposure to filtered faces means that on the one hand one's natural face 'looks wrong' in the mirror (and even worse if not 'mirrored'--if shown what other people actually see), while on the other (perversely), those exposed in this way are less likely to be able to distinguish between filtered and non-filtered faces in photos of others and err towards the supposition that most of them are unfiltered and unedited (they just look 'normal'), which makes the viewer feel more freakish in comparison and paranoid about not editing images for public consumption.

And all this drives the appetite for surgery to bring one's face back into line with the images of it one most commonly sees.

Actually dangerous stuff.

I don't understand it at all, I never see slim, trim young women anymore. Young girls in school need classes in nutrition, haven't seen any of this before.
We had "health" classes with our PE class. We were taught nutrition following Canada's Food Guide.

Though, when I was growing up, we didn't have all of the processed food that is out there now. I would say that the majority of people my age, including guys, knew how to cook from scratch.

Now you're lucky if twenty somethings know how to cook KD. And that is referring to one of my nephews who went to college and lived away from home at the time. His mom bought him meals that only needed heating. His dad, my brother, knows how to cook.

We tried Mac'n"cheese craft dinner from the packets when we lived in USA . Vile stuff, we used to keep it on standby when the kids moaned about what was on the menu. It was the "Dwarf bread" option.

Is Scrotal Tightening Really A New Plastic Surgery Trend?

960x0.jpg

Chances are you won’t hear too many people say, “He doesn’t have a whole lot of redeeming qualities, but my oh my, is his scrotum beautiful. That’s why there’s going to be another date.” In fact, a study of over 600 men and women recent published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology found that they could not really identify what constituted a “beautiful scrotum.” Yet, in recent years, you may have heard of a cosmetic surgery procedure called “scrotal tightening” more and more. The big question is how much people really need or want such a procedure versus how much is it being pushed as a sack of you know what?

…scrotal tightening refers to when a doctor surgically removes skin and soft tissue from what’s often affectionately known as your ball sac. This procedure is otherwise known as a scrotal lift, a man lift, or a scrotoplasty. Scrotoplasties are presumably most often done primarily for aesthetic purposes. It’s not common to hear of people complaining about how their scrotal size is interfering with their work or their ability to do daily activities such as communicate. Sure there are exceptions, but you’re not going to hear too many people lament, “I meant to take out the trash last night, but my scrotum got in the way.”

[Continues, involving numerous sac-related jokes which might not be your bag. :rolleyes: ]

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucel...trend-study-asks-653-people-to-rate-scrotums/

maximus otter

Last edited:
Back