Extensive / Focused Consumption Of A Particular Food Item

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
I'm starting this thread for the theme of extensive / excessive / mind-boggling consumption of a particular food item. This isn't so much about the oddness of the food item per se, but rather the oddness of an individual's or group's narrow focus or high rate of consumption for that food item.

Let me start off with a story about a man who recently ate his 30,000th Big Mac ...

Wisconsin man eats 30,000th Big Mac
The Guinness World Record holder for eating the most Big Macs added to his milestone on Friday by eating his 30,000th of McDonald's signature burger.

Don Gorske a 64-year-old retired prison guard from Wisconsin, ate his 30,000th Big Mac at his local McDonald's in Fond du Lac, Wis. ...

Gorske said he has been eating Big Macs everyday since 1972 and broke the word record in 2016 when he ate his 28,788th burger.

"I love the patties, I love the sauce, I can't get enough of it," Gorske told the New York Post.

Gorske said there have been only eight days where he hasn't eaten a Big Mac since 1972 and his mission hasn't had any ill effects on his health.

"I'm healthy as a horse. I weigh 190 pounds, and my cholesterol is 165," he said. "I'm better than normal." ...
SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/0...?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=12

Every day, April Griffiths starts her morning with a cheese sandwich or two slices of toast. Then she has a cheese sandwich for lunch. And one for dinner too. April, 29, has a severe food phobia, and experiences intense anxiety at even the thought of eating food that isn’t a cheese sandwich. The mum-of-two has been living off a diet of cheese sandwiches and crisps since she was a child, only mixing things up with melted cheese on toast on special occasions. April, from Nuneaton, Warwickshire said: ‘Every time I attempt to try new things, I have a panic attack, my whole body begins to shake, and I am terribly nervous. ‘The fear of choking and experiencing a different texture of food scares me and even though I have tried to eat pea-size portions of rice, pasta or vegetables, I have never been able to swallow it without throwing up.'

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/16/mum-...heese-sandwiches-for-almost-30-years-10745299

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Every day, April Griffiths starts her morning with a cheese sandwich or two slices of toast. Then she has a cheese sandwich for lunch. And one for dinner too. April, 29, has a severe food phobia, and experiences intense anxiety at even the thought of eating food that isn’t a cheese sandwich. The mum-of-two has been living off a diet of cheese sandwiches and crisps since she was a child, only mixing things up with melted cheese on toast on special occasions. April, from Nuneaton, Warwickshire said: ‘Every time I attempt to try new things, I have a panic attack, my whole body begins to shake, and I am terribly nervous. ‘The fear of choking and experiencing a different texture of food scares me and even though I have tried to eat pea-size portions of rice, pasta or vegetables, I have never been able to swallow it without throwing up.'

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/16/mum-...heese-sandwiches-for-almost-30-years-10745299
I say with no real knowledge, isn't this the kind of case in which they bust out the hypnotism?

The pasta is yummy; it tastes and feels just like cheese on toast.

I say with no real knowledge, isn't this the kind of case in which they bust out the hypnotism?

The pasta is yummy; it tastes and feels just like cheese on toast.
With some minor success, according to the article.

‘I have been in and out of counselling since a child, but it has never worked, the only time I have been somewhat ‘cured’ is when I had hypnotherapy. ‘I had two sessions and I managed to eat rice a couple of months after which was a massive deal for me, I was so proud. ‘But it was £300 a session and I simply couldn’t afford it; I hope one day something will be available on the NHS.’