• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Extensive / Focused Consumption Of A Particular Food Item

Strangely enough he doesn’t appear that fat. He must be eating about 2 a day every day. Presumably he eats other stuff as well or is it Macs only?

His cholesterol must be something else, though.

Strangely enough he doesn’t appear that fat. He must be eating about 2 a day every day. Presumably he eats other stuff as well or is it Macs only?
I don't know. I don't think I've ever seen any mention of Gorske's dietary habits outside of eating a couple of Big Macs each day.

Don Gorske update ... He's still alive, and he's just celebrated 50 years of eating at least one Big Mac (almost) every day.
Wisconsin man marks 50 years of daily Big Mac meals

A Wisconsin man who earned a Guinness World Record for most Big Macs eaten in a lifetime celebrated another milestone: 50 years of eating a Big Mac nearly every day.

Don Gorske of Fond du Lac earned a Guinness World Record in 1999 when he was confirmed to have eaten 15,490 of the McDonald's sandwiches in his lifetime, and the record was most recently updated in August 2021, when his total surpassed 32,340. ...

Gorske is now celebrating 50 years of eating a Big Mac almost every day since May 17, 1972. The burger fan, who said he most often eats two of the sandwiches on a given day, said he has missed only eight days in his 50-year fandom. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/05/18/Big-Macs-50-years-Wisconsin/7471652891977/

My niece lives almost exclusively on plain boiled rice. The 10 minute kind, the 20 minute kind gets sent back. I don't know how she doesn't tire of it.

On Countdown, Rachel Riley mentioned off-hand dating a man who only ate yellow food.

On Countdown, Rachel Riley mentioned off-hand dating a man who only ate yellow food.

Conversely, I know someone who will not eat anything orange. No carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato, mango and no, no oranges either. Nothing orange. She can't explain where this stems from either.

Another link to an article about that Big Mac guy.....with photos so you can see his strange haircut.
Is there a correlation between the haircut and the Big Mac diet?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-eating-Big-Mac-nearly-DAY-past-50-YEARS.html

I have favourite foods myself, and foods I eat daily with a few variations....But I don't think eating exactly the same food every day would be great for me. Surely you don't even register the tastes/textures anymore? Might as well be a food pill.....

Reactions: BS3
Another link to an article about that Big Mac guy.....with photos so you can see his strange haircut.
Is there a correlation between the haircut and the Big Mac diet?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-eating-Big-Mac-nearly-DAY-past-50-YEARS.html

I have favourite foods myself, and foods I eat daily with a few variations....But I don't think eating exactly the same food every day would be great for me. Surely you don't even register the tastes/textures anymore? Might as well be a food pill.....
It's like a badly-cut wig. Odd!

I used to know someone who went through a faddy phase of just eating white-coloured food. Nothing with colour in it.
After a while, she tired of this.

My wee sister spent a fair bit of time eating pretty well just chips as a child. And tomato ketchup for vitamins. Luckily she grew out of it. I think there are probably evolutionary advantages to that tendency to eat certain very limited foods as a child - you are less likely to poison yourself - but obviously some people can’t escape those mental restrictions that they have made for themselves.

Back