• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Felt Someone Get In To Bed With Me - But Noboy Was There...

v3xtr0n

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
For new years eve I went round a mates house and spent new years eve and new years day with him and his family.

Needless to say I stayed the night. I slept in his 12yr old sons room and during the early hours of the morning I was woken up by someone getting in to bed with me.

It felt like it was a small child so I assumed it was his yougest daughter (aged 5) and that she must of had a nightmare or something.

So, I slowly turned over making sure I didn't knock her out of bed and as I moved round there was no-one there. I just assumed that I had imagined it and turned back over to try and get back to sleep.

A few moments it happened again, i felt what seemed like a small child climb in to the bed next to me. Again, after turning over I could see no-one was there.

This time instead of rolling back over and trying to get to sleep I spread myself out all over the bed so there wasn't any room for anyone to get in.

Now, before you say I must of been drunk or something, I am Diabetic so can't drink very much alcohol and quite litterally had a single drink at the stroke of midnight just to join in with the celebrations.

A few days later my mates told me some strange things had been going on. One specific was that whilst they were watching TV together the Christmas tree shook and when they all look around there was no-one near the tree.

Is this a common type of experience/phenomenon? Is there a 'spirit' in the house - if so how can I find out? Or is it best left alone?

Wow, great story! I wonder if the room's usual inhabitant has the same thing?

By the way, I love the way you laid out that post in little paragraphs. Easy to read, and very elegant. 8)

escargot1 said:
By the way, I love the way you laid out that post in little paragraphs. Easy to read, and very elegant. 8)
Way to go!

(mind you, scarg's just being condescending because you're a newbie -
she's never praised my paragraphs...)

I have all kinds of weird sleep problems - mostly relating to sleep paralysis I think - and one of the things that happens to me fairly regularly is that I wake up in the middle of the night thinking there's someone else in the bed with me when there isn't. This is completely different to the terrifying presence I feel when I get sleep paralysis, it's more just confusion about why there's someone else there.

It would be interesting to know if other people had experienced the same thing in that room.

Nah, if scargy was being condescending, you'd feel it from across the room. ;) I agree; the short paras are easier to read.

I had that kind of experience a couple times, years ago.

I was single, living alone, and one night, I felt someone climbing in bed with me, "spooning" up behind me. I was so mortified that I didn't dare to turn around and look. Instead, I just kept lying there, bathed in cold sweat, until the early morning hours, when the phenomenon vanished.

That happened one other time, and never again since then. But it was absolutely terrifying.

You cheeky devils. :lol:

I love to see a post laid out in short paragraphs. Makes it easier to read, especially for us longer-in-the-tooth types. Rynner. ;)

faith2faith, did you have any feeling about who the 'spooner' was? Like, their sex?

Hi All!

Thanks for all your replies - glad you liked the paragraphs - I find it easier to read long articles that way. :)

Faith2Faith, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has experienced this kind of thing - I wonder what would of happened it you managed to roll over to see if anyone was there?

Not sure if I will ask them if anyone else has experienced anything strange in that room as the normal occupant is only 12 and has 3 younger sisters so I don't want to scare them in to not wanting to go to sleep there!

I'e had the same experience, but I attributed it to old mattress or bed springs. I sit on or lie down on the mattress and a few minutes later the springs in some other part of the mattress go "sproing!"

But maybe I've been wrong!

In either case, welcome to the festivities.

I would have said it sounds like a hypnogogic hallucination, but that's generally a feature of sleep paralysis, and you clearly were able to move. There could be related but rarer phenomena though, the brain is a complex and mysterious thing.
It's usually accompanied by a feeling of dread too, but I suppose one can have pleasant sleep paralysis experiences, I've only had the utterly terrifying kind.

My next door neighbour told me about similar experience he has had repeatedly, except he said it felt like someone walking on the bed. He said that one one occasion he saw a shadowly grey shape which then disappeared into the wall that seperates our two houses. I've not experienced anything.

I'm afraid that I am always suspicious of ghostly events that happen in bed, because, no matter how vehemently people say they were wide awake at the time, I know that hypnogogic/hypnopompic states are very strange, quite common and not always easily recognisable.

This is the first time that I can remember this ever happening to me. Is there any particular that it should occur the one time when I am not in my own house?

It might be triggered by nothing more than the unfamiliar surroundings stressing you a bit. You might not even have been aware of the stress when you went to bed.

I guess you'll find out next time you sleep away from home!

beakboo said:
I would have said it sounds like a hypnogogic hallucination, but that's generally a feature of sleep paralysis, and you clearly were able to move.

I don't think it's written in stone that any of these sleep phenomena HAVE to be accompanied or prefigured by sleep paralysis.

"Felt Someone Get In To Bed With Me - But Noboy Was There..."

I believe they call this sad case of things Marriage. It is peculiar, I admit, but many swear by it. :shock:

I can always tell when a man creeps up behind me in bed, somehow. ;)

escargot1 said:
I can always tell when a man creeps up behind me in bed, somehow.
Are you suggesting you get advanced warning of some kind?

There's some appropriate Confucian saying about "feeling a little cocky", but I can't recall it right now.

I leave the covers thrown back and a sign posting the way in glow-in-the-dark ink but bugger all happens.

:lol:

Could you be being... too subtle? :D

Yup, as they say, many a subtle maketh a rutle... or summat...

I experienced this for the first time last night. I had a fairly normal (for me) sleep paralysis episode but then I felt someone get under the covers and move towards me. I was petrified but then for some reason the thought crossed my mind that is was just my dog sneaking under the covers because of the cold so (still mostly dreaming) I put my arms out to cuddle him and felt quite reassured and drifted off again. But then I woke up shortly afterwards to find the dog asleep where I'd left him at the other side of the bed. There was absolutely no way he could possibly get out without disturbing me - he's big and very clumsy - so it must have been part of the sleep paralysis. I hope it isn't going to become a regular feature.

I've never experienced this sleep paralysis that people have mentioned here and the feeling of someone getting in to bed with me has only happened the once (that I can recall that is).

Just glad I am not the only one to experience this strange happening!

;)

I keep a precautionary Jack Russell on the bed at all times. Anyone unexpectedly getting into bed with me'd run the risk of getting bitten on the bum. Doesn't matter what form they take - JRs'll bite anything. :lol:

Someone's taking no chances. ;)

Jondogscatbed.jpg

Heh heh. My dogs have been keeping people out of my bed for years. :(

Back