• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Sharon Hill

Complicated biological machine
It would be great to have a thread about sources of Fortean materials and history available on the web.

I'll start with a source that may be inexhaustible reading for anyone's lifetime: Isaac Koi's Archives for the Unexplained

Includes topics mainly on UFOs but also lots of publications on many Fortean topics and general Forteana. Sources are listed by type and by country or origin. I always find something great when I go here and more content is added regularly. I hope the availability of these publications prompts paranormal writers to seek original sources.

https://files.afu.se/Downloads/?dir=./

This is excellent, thank you. I can't recommend any archives but there are a couple of decent of blogs. The London Fortean Society looked interesting but I haven't had a chance to get a deeper look yet.

Wyrd Britain is great resource for Fortean related media and fiction (books, music, film, etc).

The Company of the Green Man - does what it says on the tin! site, gazeteer, Flickr archive, newsletter...

Holy and Healing Wells - zines/newsletters for this special interest group haven't really taken off. So far! However the archives of the much missed Source and Living Spring are hosted here. Special mention to the academics and others who kept these records and keep making them available.

If you fancy working from original documents then The Thomas Fairman Ordish collection of notes on mummer's plays, Christmas and Easter dramas etc is available online. I'm declaring an interest in that I did some of the transxriptions which are held elsewhere.

Edit to add: In fact the whole English Folk Dance and Song Society site is worth a look IMNSHO!

Last edited:
thank you for this thread some really interesting sites to explore!

Back