• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Gifts & Presents

I keep seeing versions of this. View attachment 66372
I've got one of these:

61dCsPdmblL.jpg

Thought this artist might be of interest.

I am not a particularly energetic consumer of the graphic novel form, but I could not resist the black and white illustrations in Tom Charlesworth's, The Silent Stones - which I think I first came across a copy in Gosh! Comics, Soho, but which I actually bought direct from Charlesworth's Etsy shop.

I'm also not a fan of fantasy fiction and art - unless maybe it leans more towards myth and folklore. It strikes me that there's a big difference in tone between the artist's coloured images and the more monotone work: the former feels like 'fantasy' to me, the latter myth and folklore. I dare say the former will be of interest to some people here, but my tastes very definitely lean towards the latter - I really like this stuff:

TC 4.jpg
TC 3.jpg
TC 2.jpg
TC 1.jpg

Tom Charlesworth's Etsy shop is here. Prints, cards and the graphic novel available.

I am not a particularly energetic consumer of the graphic novel form, but I could not resist the black and white illustrations in Tom Charlesworth's, The Silent Stones - which I think I first came across a copy in Gosh! Comics, Soho, but which I actually bought direct from Charlesworth's Etsy shop.

I'm also not a fan of fantasy fiction and art - unless maybe it leans more towards myth and folklore. It strikes me that there's a big difference in tone between the artist's coloured images and the more monotone work: the former feels like 'fantasy' to me, the latter myth and folklore. I dare say the former will be of interest to some people here, but my tastes very definitely lean towards the latter - I really like this stuff:

View attachment 66398View attachment 66399View attachment 66400View attachment 66401

Tom Charlesworth's Etsy shop is here. Prints, cards and the graphic novel available.
This is beautiful. May well be of interest to my folklore PhD son in law..will investigate for Christmas!

This is beautiful. May well be of interest to my folklore PhD son in law..will investigate for Christmas!

Yes, it's very nice. It's not overly long - twenty-ish large pages (on good solid art paper), but the illustrations are very striking and the accompanying written narrative has the terse and unadulterated - yet still poetic - feel of the saga.

I think I'd describe it as more as a work of illustrative art in book form, than a book with illustrations in it (I think that makes sense). I'm not even sure I'd call it a graphic novel.

View attachment 66398View attachment 66399View attachment 66400View attachment 66401

I've ordered this now for my son in law's birthday (or Christmas)!

Back