• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean-Themed Albums, Songs & Music

My pathetically short Fortean music list consists of Under Your Thumb by Godley and Creme; (Ghost) Riders In The Sky by Johnny Cash, and Johnny Remember Me by John Leyton. I'll also throw in The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel, with a great cover version by The Disturbed (which has displaced the original for me). I didn't know this thread existed so I'll be trawling through it looking for more suggestions.

My pathetically short Fortean music list consists of Under Your Thumb by Godley and Creme; (Ghost) Riders In The Sky by Johnny Cash, and Johnny Remember Me by John Leyton. I'll also throw in The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel, with a great cover version by The Disturbed (which has displaced the original for me). I didn't know this thread existed so I'll be trawling through it looking for more suggestions.
Your list reminds me of this. I think it fits:

Have to agree that Disturbed's version of The Sound of Silence is one of those very rare covers that beats the original.
Similarly, I much prefer Leaves' Eyes take on Scarborough Fair than the version popularised by S&G.

A popular Steampunk musician, Professor Elemental, has done one or two Fortean-feel songs/videos. The most obvious being ...

Brand New from Saxon: There's Something In Roswell

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I have always liked ' Woman who loves you' by Split Enz an early incarnation of the New Zealand Finn brothers of Crowded House fame. With lyrics including 'Keep the graveside warm for me' it certainly qualifies!

Back