• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forteans & Sex

Tangent7

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Maybe this is a loaded question, but are forteans more apt to accept expanded notions about what sex is? Given that they are generally more open-minded about reality in general, how does that affect their expectations of sex or what sex should be?

I guess, in other words, are forteans more kinky than the average person?

I believe that I may be vilified for this post since it is such a personal question, but what is everyone else's view in here about sex? And does it affect the way that they view world events? Vice versa?

You don't need to be graphic with your answers. And if you are offended, just ignore this post. Just looking for honest answers because I have a hunch that the more fortean you are, the more flexible you are about sexual desire.

What do you think?

Yes I'd have to admit, I'm either sexually flexible or flexibly sexual. I just can't work out which...
:roll:

Just because Forteans are interested in Weird Sex doesn't mean they practice it.

I can't reply fully right now, I'm - er - a bit tied up.... :madeyes:

EnolaGaia said:
I think it's safe to say that Forteans have an active interest in the diverse ways humans play out their sexuality (-ies?), as evidenced by (e.g.) the Weird Sex thread.

Well ... but do Forteans have a greater (passive) interest in Weird Sex than the general public? I don't really think so.

I think this calls for a poll/or polls of some sort.

Personally I'd like some clarification on what you want to know; I think it's certainly likely that forteans might be more honest about how they view sex and document their sexual experiences and preferences. But it's just a hunch.

If Sex is Fortean, you're doing it wrong.

Or is that "you're doing it right"?

BlackRiverFalls said:
I can't reply fully right now, I'm - er - a bit tied up.... Psychout

that'll be £60 thanks ryn... see you again the same time next week? :D

Ooh yes, I like your technique with the elastic Thera-band straps you get from physiotherapy!

My previous Bondage Mistress even left me tied up after our last session, the miserable cow, and she knew I hated polypropylene... :oops:

rynner said:
Just stick to the Rubik Cube...
Of course, that's exactly what he did - apparently he had to go to casualty to get it pulled off. So to speak.

And used the age old excuse.....he was doing his housework in the nude, and slipped onto it! :shock:

Oi!

Stop it!

I'm kinky! Everyone I've met is kinky! Everyone is kinky! And the ones that say they aren't kinky are the kinkyest of all! (You know who you are!)

So now, unless you have the photos then I suggest you shut up (or put up)! And scanning the cover of the local 'rag' doesn't count for toffee! All that stuff was faked! I'd never harm an animal. He just came at me in a funny way!

You just happened to be digging in your allotment naked ah Fro? ;) :D

Back ot. I don't think you can generalise Forteans into a group that's more interested in reading, or participating in, kinky sex.
Personnaly, I haven't looked at the wierd sex thread myself, doesn't really interest me. I think you'll find if it's unusal or strange sex a Fortean will be interested because of the unusual or strange bit, rather than the other way round. If you get what I mean?
Besides, have you not learnt yet that all the really kinky stuff goes on in sunny suburbia. ;)

This sort of thing leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

;)

Anyway, as a married man, my chance of encountering sex in any of its manifold manifestations is slightly poorer than my chance of encountering Elvis photographing a chupacabras devouring Nessie's remains.

:(

maximus otter

uair01 said:
EnolaGaia said:
I think it's safe to say that Forteans have an active interest in the diverse ways humans play out their sexuality (-ies?), as evidenced by (e.g.) the Weird Sex thread.

Well ... but do Forteans have a greater (passive) interest in Weird Sex than the general public? I don't really think so.

What do u consider as weird sex????? ;)

maximus_otter said:
This sort of thing leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

;)

Anyway, as a married man, my chance of encountering sex in any of its manifold manifestations is slightly poorer than my chance of encountering Elvis photographing a chupacabras devouring Nessie's remains.

:(

maximus otter

I have to disagree...I'm married and happy :twisted:

And 100% faithful before anyone starts hating me.

As a (married) Fortean and criminologist, I've, erm, come across some strange stuff.

The forensic medical journals are full of weird sexual practices.

:shock:

I say again,

:shock:

Natalie108 said:
What do u consider as weird sex????? ;)

Hmmm ...
A few days ago I visited my favorite modern art gallery:
http://www.wdw.nl/project.php?id=156 and they have this exhibition:

With a focus upon the 20th and 21st centuries, this exhibition takes a contemporary look at an age-old fascination, seeing sex through the eyes of over 70 artists, film-makers, activists, photo-journalists, musicians and magazine editors.

Seeing a series of BW photographs by Robert Maplethorpe I was surprised at how far someone can put his arm into somene else's anus and how far you can insert a finger into the urethra. This being shown in glossy magazine quality photographs :shock:

Also the films made by hidden camera in New York (?) urinals where gay men meet - with public masurbation - was pretty weird. Some men are really a lot bigger, just like the SPAM messages say :D

And this one is quite funny:

Untitled, 2003 was initiated in 2002 when Andrea Fraser approached Friedrich Petzel Gallery to arrange a commission with a private collector on her behalf. The requirements for the commission were to include a sexual encounter between Fraser and a collector, which would be recorded on videotape, with the first exemplar of the edition going to the participating collector. The resulting videotape is a silent, unedited, sixty-minute document shot in a hotel room with a stationary camera and existing lighting.

Back