• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

I still remember the odd DOS prompt, and they still work:). It beats searching for "print" in random different programs.

I loved the DOS prompt and batch files back in the 80s. It made me look like a hacking god at work, even though I was typing in simple stuff. :chuckle:
I'm not computer savvy, much, but nowadays I amaze younger people who can't find the menu dropdown and I simply pop in the commands and voilà. :ddance:

The funny thing is, I only ever took a course in Lotus (my first computer experience ever) and subsequently took a WordPerfect training course at a former job. I can figure out how to solve some things with everyday computer problems that others don't even try to figure out.

I swear. Is there no one younger who doesn't just want to push a button to see what it does? It's not like you are going to lose the file you've been working on for hours because you didn't save. People nowadays don't know what it means to have a computer crash.

I'd expected this to have corrected itself by now.

I'm going to press a button and take a ticket at the technical support counter.
Have you tried feeding the hamsters on the wheel more food?

Seriously though, it's not as if the forum has gone down. It still works, albeit slower.

I thought pietro mercurious was our tech bod, or is that a case of the mandela effect, because I see he's retired from here now.

You are not only wrong but very, very out-of-date.
I looked at the list of mods the other week and there was a fifth guy there below THE FOUR.
Unless I'd overdone the turps again, I can't for the life of me think what on earth I am 'remembering'.

There is an urgent need to upgrade from hamsters to capybaras. Get bigger wheels.

capyb.jpg

People nowadays don't know what it means to have a computer crash.
I assure you, Windows 10 and 11 PCs still crash. They mostly handle it a lot better than DOS ever did. Mostly.

Back