• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Y'see? The only thing I associate with the town is one time I visited it for a day. I purchased a nice, fresh-caught crab. That's all. I am starting to think it's a symbol of an in-bred small town? If that's the case then jokes based on it are fine ... as long as that's your experience of it.

Just wondered why I'm not getting notifications in my email ? Have I done something odd when I've been using the forum and clicked something?
Me too, I've not received one since midday Thurs.

I hadn't noticed because I dip in frequently to keep on top of posts but I've just looked at my email and the last notification was timed at 1301 on Thursday.

I'm trying to set up this forum up on my new MacBook (woohoo! My old one is 10 years old) but I've no idea of my password as I'm always logged on. I've twice requested a new password link email but haven't received an email - and I've checked my spam folder.

So, could you send me the link, or, alteratively, is it possible to change my password while still logged on? I really don't want to log out without being signed in on my new machine!

Cheers.

I'm trying to set up this forum up on my new MacBook (woohoo! My old one is 10 years old) but I've no idea of my password as I'm always logged on. I've twice requested a new password link email but haven't received an email - and I've checked my spam folder.

So, could you send me the link, or, alteratively, is it possible to change my password while still logged on? I really don't want to log out without being signed in on my new machine!

Cheers.

PM me your preferred password now and it will change immediately.

Caps sensitive.

I've noticed the 'remove formatting' button doesn't work. I'm sure it used to at one time & would remove links but it no longer does.

Not the end of the world as a txt editor can be used to do it, but would be handy.

I've noticed the 'remove formatting' button doesn't work. I'm sure it used to at one time & would remove links but it no longer does.

Not the end of the world as a txt editor can be used to do it, but would be handy.

Works for me.

Top-left icon removes formatting.

Do you have the option below or is it a mod-only function?

I access it by highlighting and clicking links.

As here:

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 1.15.38 AM.png

I'm on another forum thta uses the same software and on there, they have sad, hug (care) and laugh reaction emojis, I'd love to have that here. Feels wrong to like a post about someone dying.
The extra emojis can be found in the bar showing just above where you are posting. The second set of triple dots, when you tap or click on them will give you another bar which includes a smiley face emoji. Click on that and you will find more emojis. These have to be added in a separate post that is a reply to a post.

A screen shot to show you what I am talking about:

Attachments

• IMG_1301.png
    IMG_1301.png
    354.8 KB · Views: 13
The extra emojis can be found in the bar showing just above where you are posting. The second set of triple dots, when you tap or click on them will give you another bar which includes a smiley face emoji. Click on that and you will find more emojis. These have to be added in a separate post that is a reply to a post.

A screen shot to show you what I am talking about:
Ahhh, thanks, that's really helpful. I was wanting more reaction emojis when you "like" a post, but apparently at some point in the past, emojis were used abusively or something, I don't know what.
On my other forum:

The extra emojis can be found in the bar showing just above where you are posting.
Ahhh, thanks, that's really helpful. I was wanting more reaction emojis when you "like" a post, but apparently at some point in the past, emojis were used abusively or something, I don't know what.

On my other forum:

emoji.png

On my other forum:

View attachment 75565
I never had any problems with emojis, myself, but my impression of what was happening was that some people were using them to troll some posters.

I never saw it, so obviously I was not in the threads in which it happened.

I never had any problems with emojis, myself, but my impression of what was happening was that some people were using them to troll some posters.

I never saw it, so obviously I was not in the threads in which it happened.
Sometimes - when I have plenty of time to draw them I drum-up my own.

Works for me.

Top-left icon removes formatting.

Do you have the option below or is it a mod-only function?

I access it by highlighting and clicking links.

As here:

View attachment 75562

Top-left icon no longer does anything for me & I don't get the other options in the pop-up box.

Top-left icon no longer does anything for me & I don't get the other options in the pop-up box.
Correction - I do get the pop-up options. The ‘remove formatting’ one which would once remove a whole post’s worth of links doesn’t seem to do anything anymore but now just a matter of highlighting each link individually.

I preferred :banana: He's gone from a dancing banana to a waving banana.
*sigh*

Back