• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Friends house continues to puzzle....

Iamroachford

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Some time ago I posted a thread for a friend of mine who had experienced some strange goings on in the family home. I kind of lost contact with him, but I bumped into his brother last week who told me of a weird happening that took place just after Christmas.

My friend and his bro had not been living there for some time and it was his Aunt and Uncle who were house sitting for the family. Allegedly, they had no knowledge of the previous ‘semi’ spooky occurrences that had gone on (I think the thread I started was called For a Friend)

Anyway, the uncle had a set of keys that had a brass key fob on. This fob produced a fairly discernable jangle when the keys were moved. It appears that one night the two were sat in the sitting room and from the kitchen, came a sound of some keys dropping to the floor, complete with jangle from the brass key fob. Uncle went through and sure enough found the keys on the floor. Didn’t think much and hung them on a hook that was next to the back door and returned to the living room. About 20 minutes later, there was another sound of the keys moving but quieter than before. They both went in and the keys were still on the hook but they had both definitely heard the jangle from this brass fob. Being pretty level headed, they thought ‘probably just the keys settling’ and put it out of their mind.

This rattling of the keys continued on and off for about two weeks, but they didn’t give it credence as it was always a slight movement or a quiet ‘clink’, nothing too violent.

Then, after speaking to another family member, they were told about the other happenings that had gone on. Needless to say, their indifference soon turned to more of an open concern!

The rattling keys episode carried on and was witnessed by other people too until one day after a visit from their next door neighbour, all rattling activity seemed to stop (they didn’t mention the goings on to the neighbour – she was a bit nosey so I was told!!). For three days, nothing more happened. Uncle was a bit perplexed and decided to replace the keys with a bell to see what happened. He wrapped some gardening wire around the handle of a small brass bell and hung it up on the same hook. He left the keys in a china bowl on the work top and they both retired to the living room. The bell made no noise but the keys, again produced a sound as if someone was moving them in the bowl.

So the two were left puzzled and slightly un-nerved. As far as I’m aware its still going on. I suggested to my friends bro to get his uncle to do the dusting with flour thing to see what happens, as well as setting up audio and video survellence….

Slightly interesting.

Yes, good suggestions. This will definitely go down in the annals of "haunted brass key fobs."

Let us know how it turns out.

Interesting story.

Heard a few stories about when objects are being moved, they always mentioned their Keys. :?

Come back when they got something on video. And please put the video out on the net!
At the moment we are drooling with skepticism, but we want to believe...

Back