• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT164

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Got mine yesterday - excellent issue.

But, is it just me, or has the paper it's printed on been changed? It still looks good, but to me it feels less smooth and glossy than previous editions. I hope it's not cheap paper that goes yellow and crumbles away after three months.... :eek!!!!:

Heirophant is back, but from his first paragraph it sounds as if he might have spent some time on Evilsprout's puke-stained park bench! :D

I have it in my hand now, and yes the paper has changed. Probably to save on costs, as it must be quite expensive to produce, and they don't get very lucretive advertising. I quite like it really, reminds me of the older FTs. I hope people don't start complaining about it though, after all, it's better than a price increase.
I think Heirophant is actually Oll Lewis, he of the hermit cave. Ascended master indeed :rolleyes:

beakboo said:
I quite like it really, reminds me of the older FTs.
I'd actually like to see FT go back to being B&W and it's smaller size, but then I'm quite probably very sad! :D

Oh, and while we're on it - mine's not arrived! :headbutt:

(OK, just wanted to use a new smiley...) ;)

Oh no, here we go again!

Newsagents of Cheshire here I come!

Just got the latest issue. Phenomenomix cracked me up :D

{edit}

Deja vu though. The letter "The Minigolfers". I'm sure I've read that somewhere before. Was it an IHTM thread?

{edit again}

Yep it's Here

Don't recall any other IHTM's appearing in the letters pages.

The article on the Chinese pyramids is very good - more articles of the same calibre would be much appreciated!

I think that was written by caroline. She was making about that much sense this afternoon

Got my FT today...
And I have to say the crop circles are just getting better and better, works of art. Fabulous!
I could go into whether crop farmers not so heavily subsidised would allow this to happen, but thats another thread entirely.

rynner said:
But, is it just me, or has the paper it's printed on been changed? It still looks good, but to me it feels less smooth and glossy than previous editions. I hope it's not cheap paper that goes yellow and crumbles away after three months.... :eek!!!!:

I like the new paper, it's like old paper. If you see what I mean.
Very absorbant, too; I had a Sprite related accident two days ago, and it's still wet.

Re: Re: FT 164

Inverurie Jones said:
I had a Sprite related accident two days ago, and it's still wet.

Is that a euphemism? If it wasn't, it is now!

The moral being: Never use a seat on atrain just after IJ's been sitting there :eek!!!!:

Oy. You're not in the chat forum now you know!

Beak "well meaning hypocrite" Boo

If I might just butt into the increasingly disturbing turn this thread has taken (if I weren't a fictitious Victorian shapechanging degenerate I'd be blushing by now) I must agree with Rynner; I reckon the Heirophant is among us even as we speak.

So where is s/he? I suggest we search the whole board, beating the furniture with sticks until we flush it out (or my medication kicks in again).

well this is my first issue of the fortean times....and it's prompted me to join this forum.i loved this issue and will be reading anyother issues from this day forward.

rynner said:
But, is it just me, or has the paper it's printed on been changed?..............

My copy is normal glossy up till the White pyramid page, then sort of 'Quality Recycled' after that. Anyone elses? not that it matters.

Loved the Pyramid article :D

Yes - mine has the recycled type paper only from the Chinese Pyramids article. Bizarre.

My FT 164 has still not arrived in my post, at what point should I start to complain to IFG ?

drjbrennan said:
My FT 164 has still not arrived in my post, at what point should I start to complain to IFG ?

You might want to check that you still *have* a subscription. IFG in its infinite wisdom cancelled mine without even the courtesy of a notification. I only discovered this when I called them after FT164 still hadn't shown two weeks after it went on sale in Smiths.

See also my posting in the "IFG Subscriptions" thread.

PB

Back