• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT182

And I got a static shock from pc monitor,and as the FT site is my homepage..........

You're just none of you taking this seriously!

*walks off in a huff mumbling satanic phrases*

guttersnipe said:
i'm going to feel all dirty and pervy now when i read it next.

Thus seggesting you normally feel clean and honest? I think not, Mr Snipe!

:D

I got badly bitten by a red feral cat years ago. I was only trying to rescue it from the interest of a mob of our dogs and others we were minding at the time. Ungrateful git. Ban red cats. I was also once physically attacked by a mad Bulmers cider bottle which badly cut my hand and lip. It had nothing to do with me being so intoxicated as to be unable to control the bottle. Oh No!. But I don't think I'll call for a ban on Bulmers yet.

What is this concept of 'too much' cryptozoology, such heresy. Am thinking of replying to the ad in 182 for the back issues that also have 'too much' cryptozoology.

It's probably been featured for ages and I've just noticed it but it's nice to see the oppotunity to order the books reviewed (page 65)..now if only there was a list of all books reviwed for the last year or so that would save me climbing into my loft to find the relevant back issue.

Lillith said:
It's probably been featured for ages and I've just noticed it but it's nice to see the oppotunity to order the books reviewed (page 65)..now if only there was a list of all books reviwed for the last year or so that would save me climbing into my loft to find the relevant back issue.

I believe it is new this issue - possibly mentioned in the editorial?

[edit: Yep just checked - little paragraph towards the end]

Emps

Lillith said:
.. that would save me climbing into my loft to find the relevant back issue.

I keep mine on my bedside table, your welcome to come and rumage through mine anytime!;) ..........I'll get my coat.

That's probably the best chat-up line ever, you almost got me to say yes by sheer cheekiness :rofl:

Yay! I got me a letter published (again) as well as a "tip off" mentioned by the Heirophant. Now that is fame!

Lilith - you should've read the Necropolis issue I'd brought to the "London Spookiness" meet. Tell you what ... I'll bring it to the next one, buy you a drinkie and you can have a good read.

While I admit to once having a decently sized collection of edged weapons, tastefully (and safely) displayed on walls, I can't see any reason for adults to want replica guns. As a kid, I've had airpistols, the old plastic-pellet "Siekden" guns and even a pump-action repeater bb-gun. Apart for some seriously dangerous "war" games and target practice, they were considered toys. So why does an adult want such toys? Paint-balling is fun (especially to get an adrenaline buzz) but why the fascination with replica guns? You can get plastic model-kits so it isn't the "asthetic" look of the artistry of the gunmaker.

Anyone fancy going down to the Plymouth Cash Convertors that has the haunted keyboard, mentioned FT182:9, and bunging them a few quid to take the damaged goods off their hands? If it was round these parts I'd be banging on their door

If i had received my copy of FT i might be inspired to go down. Must phone up the subs people again.

Mischa said:
If i had received my copy of FT i might be inspired to go down. Must phone up the subs people again.

Do it anyway!!

Would you be able to win Randi's prize by sending him a flying keyboard? I know it isn't strictly proving your own power but......

Emps

Mine came yesterday. Maybe that's not too late to join in. I love the dragon photos. They're so big and clear and now I don't have to worry about them disappearing from the internet. I haven't actually read any of the articles, yet, though. :eek:

The Phenomenomix cartoon was slightly incorrect.

The last frame should have read "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" otherwise all the letters in the alaphabet are not used and hence not a pangram.

Sorry! Just being pedantic. Slap the proof reader! :p

Apart from that been the best in ages. Not so many silly UFOs which the last few issues seem to have been full of. Loved all the cryptozoology stuff. Cracking!

Got to agree with you there, I find cryptozoology fascinating. It seems the most 'real' if you know what I mean, that there is all these different creatures out there just waiting to be discovered really cool stuff. Beats Nazi flying saucers any day.

I find cryptozoology deathly dull and seldom read the alien zoo section of ft ..... new species are being discovered all the time and that there are beasties unknown to man hiding out in remote parts of the world doesn't seem to me to be surprizing, or especially fortean in a lot of cases ..... so for me this issue didn't impress especially : not saying I didn't like it, or troubling you all with my personal opinions on what should be in the mag (I quite like the way it's not me who decides!) : just saying.

lizard23 said:
I find cryptozoology deathly dull and seldom read the alien zoo section of ft .....

Heretic,........ best issue for long time:D

lizard23 said:
Thank you!

You would think I would be fitter, always swimmin' against the stream! ;)

I'm with you, now if they were to find one of these...

lizard23 said:
I find cryptozoology deathly dull and seldom read the alien zoo section of ft .....

yes me too.... lake monsters yawwnnnn. Find one or shut up will ya!.. new flies or spiders, oh right... deadly worms?... where?..

I'm glad it's not just me, however the Jon Downes talk at Uncon last year was one of the best sessions.

I don't mind lake monsters too much - rather like aliens I personally think that people experiencing *something* though not necessarily quite what they think, and hoaxing, and the folkloric elements, and the human 'need' for monsters and so on are pretty interesting.

But once it actually starts to look like real animals are involved I sort of lose interest, afterall, as I say, new species are constantly being discovered and I think it is pretty arrogant to think we have classified even all the mammals or even the primates of the world, never mind all the 'flies and spiders'.

Heh heh my attitude is summed up pretty well by my response to the 'Mongolian death-worm' article ... I saw the image on the front cover and thought it looked pretty interesting but I was really disappointed when I read they were actually purportedly not ten times longer than landrovers heh heh.

Still.

Just made me want to watch Tremors again...

To be honest my favourite part of FT recently has been the letters page and the book reviews.

pi23 said:
Just made me want to watch Tremors again...

To be honest my favourite part of FT recently has been the letters page and the book reviews.

For years i totaly ignored the book reviews and letters... but ive been going back tho the mags, reading only the letters pages and reviews.

The letters pages are always a first for me, comes from reading newspapers from the back to the front I guess.

lizard23 said:
Heh heh my attitude is summed up pretty well by my response to the 'Mongolian death-worm' article ... I saw the image on the front cover and thought it looked pretty interesting but I was really disappointed when I read they were actually purportedly not ten times longer than landrovers heh heh.

Still.

Lizard.... I guess that due to having eyes on either side of your head you must have great problems with depth perception, so it's no wonder that you were caught out by this strange phenomena we call perspective - which I think was best summed up by Father Ted.....

Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These (pointing to plastic cows on table) are very small; those (pointing out of the window) are far away...

While all the models in the Death Worm illustrations were painstakingly modelled correctly to scale I had to play around with the perspective in order to give it some drama. Otherwise it stood a good chance of looking like a malfunctioning vibrator in a sandpit.

I apologise for giving the misleading impression that 4 foot long electrified, poison spitting worms are in any way dangerous or scarey.

:)

Sorry, that probably did come across as a bit sharp, wasn't meant to be, I suspect the fact that I was working 'til 01:30 am to get the cover of 183 finished may have meant that I nudged the dial slightly over from the 'wry observation' setting to sarcasm overload. I just really like that quote from Father Ted, that's all.

Back