• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

original_fLeebLe

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
once again i am first to boast of it's arrival, haven't even had the chance to take it out of it's wrapper yet :p

Hoooooo, I subscribed recently. :D

the three main articles are d for deception - the secret war behind the d-day landings, magic in war and an interview with derren brown. there is a good picture of the namibian fairy circles, tame wild boys article, dancing tea plant and a round up of this years april fools days reports to name a few bits :)

fleeble said:
once again i am first to boast of it's arrival, haven't even had the chance to take it out of it's wrapper yet :p

Ahhh but you are only the first because everyone else is reading theirs (or in my case cleaning dog poo off the carpet :( ) ;)

Looks to be a good one though - those pictures of the fairy cricles are fantastic. Interesting to see the Heirophant's Apprentice getting some good work in - he has clearly learned well.

Emps

Charles B Horn - what's he all about then?

Just read the FBI article and am still in shock. What on earth is that all about. Does he really mean it? Does it mean I've been the subject of Alien Contact for years without knowing it?

All those emails I've deleted unknowingly.

~rushes off to read the FBI (avoiding the gaze of the wizard Derren Brown)~

A couple of other things:

In line with the Heirophant's ideas for promoting an obscure diety over at godchecker.com could everyone visit this page (which I assume will do it):

http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/native_american-mythology.php?deity=AAKULUUJJUSI&ds=N

[edit: Godchecker.com already discussd here:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15030 ]

Also with the comments about the use of Google results to write a story in mind I think people might want to skip the first half of Konspiracy Korner!!

Emps

Ah yes I open my copy and what do I see on the indside front cover?
A lovely full page advert for Absinthe that's what. Joy to the world.

Far be it from me to disrupt the Heirophant's plan but could we get a Russian deity in the top ten?
They get such a small amount of press.

Also the picture of Jesus on a cats arse?!?

Wally Hope

It's also nice to see a bit on Wally Hope for a change (in the forum section). The southern.com link given in the piece is very good too. Well worth a read.

Great cover work - best I've seen. The silver on black is most striking.

Whaaaaaaaa..! Mine hasn't arrived :( Looks like someone forgot to re-subscribe!

Although surely they send you a letter before the last issue?

Not these days, apparently. Annoying as all heck it is, too.

taras said:
Although surely they send you a letter before the last issue?

yep they send you 3 letters before your subscription ends

FBI - Charles B Horn and the Senders :laughing:

".....As this went on, I became tired and confused and elected to take a week off work to gather my full intellectual resources and try to bring them to bear on the problem. After a few days of rational, focused thought, the realisation dawned on me that these messages were from some kind of Alien Intelligence..." (FT185.35)

:wtf:

Oh well, off to read the Derren Brown interview ..... awakes in field somewhere, holds befuddled head in befuddled hands. "Where am I, what am doing and where are my clothes?!" Holds copy of Fortean Times to hide modesty and beats a hasty retreat!:blush:

taras said:
Whaaaaaaaa..! Mine hasn't arrived :(

Given the reported track record of royal mail, or the post office, or whatever they're called this week, I wouldn't worry yet....:rolleyes:

Looks like a good issue, maybe they could have trailed the Derren Brown interview a bit more heavily on the cover, given his current popularity. Surprised to see that beakboo is such good friends with him too, she kept that very quiet :D

Charles Horn

I thought he was aptly named when I read his theory on penile enlargement ads being advice from 'them' that earth men need to be bigger to fill the orifices of large aliens (or however he worded it - I was laughing so much I cried!)

Ozymandias said:
Looks like a good issue, maybe they could have trailed the Derren Brown interview a bit more heavily on the cover, given his current popularity.

I was quite impressed that they didn't spalsh a big picture of Derren Brown across the front page as it would surely have shifted more units ;)

Emps

I really like the new layout. I wasn't so sure last month, but 185 is a really professonal, well laid-out issue.

One gripe though.........

Check out the Competition page (69). The "How To Enter" blurb STILL informs entrants that entries are "to arrive by 20 feb 2004".

sounds like an interesting issue, hope it arrives soon.

That Charles B Horn article...

Maybe CBH hasn't really flipped his wig. If you look at some of his pontifications, they seem just a little too smart-alecky to come from a real crazy: "My patented Horn Sender Detection software... advanced post-modern deconstructive techniques based on the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis".

Maybe that software really is in development and he's reckons he's spotted a market niche where he can actually sell software to the Black Helicopters crowd.

How's that for a conspiracy theory?

Emperor said:
Also with the comments about the use of Google results to write a story in mind I think people might want to skip the first half of Konspiracy Korner!!

Emps

While Google is a wonderful tool (sorry, FBI readers) for enlightenment (or for distraction), the method of citing number of hits (particularly for word strings unconstrained by double quotes) as if it actually means anything in particular does seem extremely dubious. I think we need a new word for this process.

I suggest 'goowoggle'.

My other nominee, 'goofle' has already been spoken for, I discovered (using Google, of course).

I've only read the Brown interview so far, and very good it was too!
How about updating the competions page on this site to include the most recent ones in the magazine? (says someone who has just won x-files season 8 on dvd from 2000AD...)

You'll get a chance to win X-Files Season Nine in the next FT.... and there will be some new D-Day comps going up on the website shortly...

David

You'll get a chance to win X-Files Season Nine in the next FT....

Maybe you can arrange something for me..? *wink wink* say no more.

The Charles B. Horn article, linking spam to alien contact, was the funniest thing I've heard since David Icke announced his conspiracy theories!
:madeyes:

I'm sorry but I just can't take the guy seriously!
:D

Colin Sadd

nice issue, the FBI spam thing is a bit silly though, and I notice that car theif & cleaner Colin Sadd is mentioned. He was also mentioned in Have I News For You's shameless cash-in book, produced in 1994, oddly enough:eek:

& I can't wait for next issue, I should know then if I've got the weekend off for UnCon:)

Back