• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT186

I sit beside my postbox, sipping on a beer, waiting, waiting ...

Re: issue ft168

liveinabin said:
Got it first. Hurrah!!
Given that I just finished 185 either you're in a time warp, or you've just made an embarassing typo.

We are talking 186 here - aren't we?

If so - yes - got mine this morning. Very pleasant surprise - hadn't crossed my mind that it was due yet...

Anybody fancy buying me the Otia Imperialia?? (reviews page 59). I first heard of Gervase of Tilbury years ago and searched unsuccessfully for anything of his and now here it is..all £125 of it....

Bilderberger said:
We are talking 186 here - aren't we?

I'm assuming so and have changed the thread's subject accordingly ;)

I haven't received mine and so will have to spend the next day an a half sulking :(

Emps

I'm still trying to get over the gross pic of the blokie with the pneumatic drill thingy through his neck ewww! :cross eye

yeah, once again, are gross pictures really necessary?

Got mine too. Munched my weetabix to Strange Deaths. Splendid! :)

Yeah it was a typo, but I was also 8 on a Saturday morning and i had spent the Friday night in the pub and had to get up to go to work.

I would have told everyone I was in a time warp! :D

In those circumstances Liveinabin I think you can be forgiven for a typo!!! Poor you! Work? Saturday? :cross eye

Emperor said:
I'm assuming so and have changed the thread's subject accordingly ;)
You're no fun anymore!

You've changed, man.

Recently renewed my subscription and haven't yet received this issue. Any follow up to the "Sender theory" stuff from Issue 185?

Good question - no - none that I have seen so far and I have flicked through all the magazine and read a fair chunk. There is certainly nothing in the editorial where I would expect the revelation of the deceptive hoax to be placed...

Maybe one of you who were so upset about the Sender article will have to write in.
Speaking of which, does anyone understand the letter, page 73, entitled "We aim to please". Am I being especially thick?

anome said:
You're no fun anymore!

You've changed, man.

Hey we all change, man. The world changes - its all about change!!

Still no FT although I wasn't expecting it on a Sunday I would have thought the postal service could have made an expcetion in my case. Inconsiderate buggers :(

escargot: I was planning a letter but I'm unsure how to pitch it. I was going to go with "Wicked wheeze old chaps" but its unclear what the motive was or anything and I was wondeirng if I could write in a credulous/sarcastic letter instead ;)

Emps

I received my copy on Saturday, yesterday, and just to be all cocky and smug about it I'm waiting until to tomorrow to read it.

Although I did read Phenomonomix.

Why did the Fortean cross the road?

Why to check out the oddly hairy and oversized corpse with the large feet laying in the ditch, with what appears to be a bumper (or fender for our american chums) at its side, of course.

"I was going to go with "Wicked wheeze old chaps" but its unclear what the motive was or anything and I was wondeirng if I could write in a credulous/sarcastic letter instead"

How about either a) claiming to have developed the theory several years earlier or b) taking it to even greater heights... (could be a competition!)

FT186
haven't seen a copy yet
i understand that letters about sender theory will appear in FT187
the FT peeps haven't officially responded i believe so as not to spoil the fun for nth american subscribers / readers.
ra

Wembley said:
How about either a) claiming to have developed the theory several years earlier or b) taking it to even greater heights... (could be a competition!)

LOL - I like where you are going with that!! I could drag in junk mail and esp. the AOL CDs (I had already been pondering the significnce of the 2 word passwords they come with).

Still no FT today - thats rather urinated on my deep fat fried potatoe-based foodstuff :(

No FT - no comment.

Emps

Emperor said:
escargot: I was planning a letter but I'm unsure how to pitch it. I was going to go with "Wicked wheeze old chaps" but its unclear what the motive was or anything and I was wondeirng if I could write in a credulous/sarcastic letter instead ;)
Er...Beakboo.

not got mine yet. ARRRGH

Saw a person reading it on the train. I was jealous.

staticgirl said:
not got mine yet. ARRRGH

Saw a person reading it on the train. I was jealous.

You should have duffed them up and stolen it from them - I would have done (or gone over and sat very close to them and read it until they felt so uncomfortable they'd have given it to me). If it doesn't arrive tomorrow there will be some kind of can of whoop ass being opened (or I might cry - I haven't decided which yet).

Emps

Got mine in Dublin yesterday, quite surprised. A fellow Fortean go his too and rang me to discuss it while I was trying to watch that bizarre programme on Zoophilia on Channel 4. I missed about 20 minutes of very strange bearded American men burbling on about their passion for Shetland ponies.

I got mine yesterday ...

They must have heard me complaining ... :eek!!!!:

Back