• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

original_fLeebLe

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
it's here :)
conspiracy in the usa
edit: tunguska, boscastle, crop circles, scaremonger alerts, the presidents vampire and fortean in the toy store are a few of the articles :)

Mine's just flopped through the letterbox - I'm going to feed the baby, get him down to sleep and then settle down with the FT and a huge cup of Decaff - today is good!

Yep, got mine, not opened yet though, saving it for later!

the president's vampire articel looks interesting...

I love new Ft's...

you "£%$$)(&^$£! :D its not fair i havent got mine yet.

thats it! im going to sulk and not speak to you ever and ever again until i get my copy :blah:

Got mone this morning morning. It always arrives very early, before my wife gets up at 6.30am. I find it rather spooky.

Anyway, looking forward to this, as conspiracies are one of my fave topics.

And my friend Jon bought my baby a plushy cthulhu when he was born - it's pretty fun but baby ignores it in favour of dirt, spiders, socks etc etc. It doesn't count as a horror toy, I guess, but just the other day my wife managed to snaffle a stuffed "inner self" from those Danone yoghurt commercials. Bio-active yoghurt is likely a load of tosh, but blimey he's a cute little critter: http://www.anatomorphex.com/CH050.html

Patrick H

melf said:
you "£%$$)(&^$£! :D its not fair i havent got mine yet.

thats it! im going to sulk and not speak to you ever and ever again until i get my copy :blah:

Promise? :p

Nothing here and as I was usually one of the earliest to get it I'm starting to get a bad feeling again (that would be 3 out of the last 4) :(

I wonder if there's just one guy in a van who drives around the whole of the UK dropping them off, armed with just a few packets of sandwiches and a thermos of soup?

Patrick H

Patrick H said:
I wonder if there's just one guy in a van who drives around the whole of the UK dropping them off, armed with just a few packets of sandwiches and a thermos of soup?

Patrick H
Damn. My secret life is revealed.

I got mine a few days ago... it does seem to get earlier and earlier. Soon it'll arrive before the previous issue!

Evilsprout said:
I got mine a few days ago... it does seem to get earlier and earlier. Soon it'll arrive before the previous issue!
four weeks and two days after the first people got the last issue. considering it is published every four weeks it is two days late :eek:

This is the 5th attempt! I get the time out error all the time even when I copy/past in 3 secs!!!!
Got my firstest ever subscribed issue t'other day (Friday)...
Got the free book, but, isn't Charles Fort's work a bit tiring to read? It's like Yankised Victorianesque English!:(
Anyway......it's great to get it through the post...er...sorry "What wonders to behold as the eager fingers do drop the article laiden spread through yonder flap to land on cold mat, awaiting, as I was, to read in comfort and dignity, before the eyes of the subdued public" and for quids less than the shops sell em! lol!
Nice 1!

Spillage, old bean, that may well, although I am no expert in such matters, be because the man was in fact, although I use the term loosely, a colonial cousin who lived and worked during, or shortly thereafter, the reign of Her Imperial Majesty Queen Victoria ;) You get used to it after a while. Try reading Dickens just to get used to the style.

Ahem, anyway, got mine today (yay!). Great issue, even if the sideline about the man on the portaloo who was stolen along with it does have the whiff of UL about it.

Jane.

Mine still not here!!! :( :mad:

I called and they said it has gone out and they will have to resend. The girl I spoke to said, "as you probably know we have been having a lot of problems with the post lately".

Indeed I do know. Got 187 all right but never got 186

Heirophant's (sp) column this month. Anyone think the attack on Victor Lewis-Smith a little out of character for the column.

Seemed to me more like a personal attack than the usual more gentle amusing asides we generally get. Perhaps its just me reading a little too much in to it.

Hi

FT189 not arrived here yet

as for victor lewis-smith,
at least his column in private eye pays for contributions, unlike some other magazine i could mention :D

mal f

The Heirophant failed to mention what Geller said before he slammed the phone down on our Steven.
'I don't have to take this sh!t!'
I remember well having to pull over to the side of the road because I was laughing so much.
But Geller's second interview was much more of a disappointment, with him peddling his usual tripe and promising to come on again and perform an amazing experiment, involving listeners moving broken objects in front of the radio.
A radical depature in the magic routine for Uri there, I think you'll agree.

*Excitedly opens mag*

Mag falls open on page 10/11
*Looks at fly holding up flag.*
*Looks at woman holding meteorite stone*
*Looks at Psi Ops ad on p11*

*Sees synchronicity at work*
Flicks through mag randomly and notices it on a couple of other pages

*Brain explodes* :wow:

And lo and behold my FT has arrived.

We can probably plot Owen's milkfloat delivery route starting outside fLeebLe's ;)

I was surprised that Jenny Randles didn't mention the torn trousers of Robert Taylor. Quite notable I would have thought.

I have to say that I was left feeling a bit empty by this issue. OK conspiracies are not my favourite topic, but I found that the letters pages (usually my favourite section) was full of people ranting at each other.

Shame the Amityville stuff wasn't there, looking forward to it next month though.

Perhaps the letters section only appears to be dominated by snide digs. There are, in fact, 14 different letter writers and on close inspection appear to comment on past articles (surely the raison d'etre of the section) apart from one which is an announcement of the foundation of a new Fortean group.
Sometimes I too get the impression that it's three or four intellectuals trying to score points against each other ... but this is only an impression. Is it because of the length of each letter? The jargon and detail that is included? Dunno.

After the second inclusion, I'm still not convinced of the worth of a "special UFO" section. Why not produce a pull-out special on classic UFO cases and have done with it? Just tinting the section pages a different cover doesn't make it feel "special".

Adverts for Lego? What is the target age-range of the FT again?

Back