• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

original_fLeebLe

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
the dead speak is the main thing on the cover.tsunami sixth sense, urban legends, famous vanishings and more :D

yay, got mine too this morning. Just about to sit down for a good read!

Greets

arrived here in west wales

look forward to reading it.

oh Eris Andys has died

(mentioned in another thread on here somewhere where we speculated as to her real name. obit says it was her real name (born in germany apparently))

mal

(edit: apologies. her real name was eris sandy. many a slip twixt visual input and textual output and all that)

Interesting looking article on the tsunami, did animals sense danger?

I sincerely hope mine will be waiting for me when I get back home from work.

God mine this morning too - what a pleasant surprise ;) Looks like a promising issue too...

Just finished reading mine. No Hierophant again this month?!?!?

Just finished reading mine. No Hierophant again this month?!?!?

Greets

no robin ramsay
but barry baldwin is back

suspect they have regular correspondents on some sort of rotation.

mal

I have received word that mine has arrived. No Heirophant though? That's a disappointment.

Got mine last night. Haven't had a good chance to get into it yet.

It does seem a bit early this month though, yes.

And good pics of the Thai blokes with the skewers in their faces. Although what kind of mind you need to think "tch, can't find my ritual skewer, I'll make do with this chair leg" is quite beyond me.

I think there should be a limit on the amount of bitching that can fill the letters page.

liveinabin said:
I think there should be a limit on the amount of bitching that can fill the letters page.

That's what the message board is for.... ;)

liveinabin said:

Ooooooo so they published my letter then!! ;)

I haven't got this issue yet (~hint~ ~hint~ magic milkfloat) so I don't know but I like the way the magazine will publish rebuttals, etc. as it is more of a debate with no fixed viewpoint being promoted. Then again it could just be a bunch of whiners (esp. if my letter wasn't printed ;) ).

Everyone has the right to reply to something they don't agree with but some of those letters are the best part of a page long! I like the 'heres something odd that happend to me/ I saw/ I found' letters.

Colin said:
I have received word that mine has arrived. No Heirophant though? That's a disappointment.

He must be being held somewhere.
I feel a campaign comiing on.
FREE THE HIMILAYAN ONE!

liveinabin said:
Everyone has the right to reply to something they don't agree with but some of those letters are the best part of a page long! I like the 'heres something odd that happend to me/ I saw/ I found' letters.

I'm with you there 100%. :hmph:

It looks like I'm on the 'Late Issue' list this time round.

I've never been too bothered with the letters in reply to articles and other letters but it can become two pages of wordy attack/defense which leaves other non-involved readers cold. The right to reply is fine but will it interest the majority of readers?
I've had a letter published, correcting the facts of an article, but the author must've accepted my point since there was no page-long diatribe explaining why they were right, their academic qualificiations and dismissal of a mild criticism as a conspiracy against their version of truth.

Still, it was only a minor point of fact.

Stormkhan said:
It looks like I'm on the 'Late Issue' list this time round.

Me too - still nowt.

I'm getting the suspicion it has been nicked again :(

Bang goes the theory that all FT magazines are implanted with transmitters that show the secret government organisations where the possible subversives of the paranormal can be located.

Or was that when the FT was an 'organ' of government disinformation?*

*Mild reference to a past, silly thread.

Stormkhan said:
Bang goes the theory that all FT magazines are implanted with transmitters that show the secret government organisations where the possible subversives of the paranormal can be located.

Nuts to the subversives I'd settle for the address of the tealeaf in the sorting office.

Stormkhan said:
Or was that when the FT was an 'organ' of government disinformation?*

*Mild reference to a past, silly thread.

More fun than - "is FT homophobic?" ;)

Anyway I thought it was just the website that was a cunnign disinfo tool?

How late should a magazine be before one complains I wonder? :(

beakboo said:
How late should a magazine be before one complains I wonder? :(

If it hasn't arrived by next Monday I'll be dropping them a line.

I have had them turn up just as I'm about to give up hope though ;)

Well Emps, remember the mail man has to fight his way through hostile territory to get to you. :D

Pete Younger said:
Well Emps, remember the mail man has to fight his way through hostile territory to get to you. :D

Oh I allow for that in my back of the envelope calculations ;)

Sometimes I find only a hand clutching the copy of FT but the mail must get through!!!

i got mine last saturday (5 feb.?)
and unfortunateky i've already read all of it.
i found the vanishing article very good. very fortean - the author was fascinated by the subject, but very objective in examining it.
what i wonder is - how could somebody think bierce's tales were accounts of real happenings?
anyway, good issue

Back