• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT198

A

Anonymous

Just arrived safe and sound. is it me is this is early?

Looking forward to the Witchfinder General Article.

Haven't got it yet. Is that article about the film, or the real deal?

James H said:
Haven't got it yet. Is that article about the film, or the real deal?

The real deal. Haven't read it yet as I trying as usual, badly, not to read everything all at once!

Just noticed the letter about FT being delivered by the milkman!

Mine turned up today.

Not had time to read it yeti.

Just got mine, looks interesting (my pedant's heart leapt with joy at the cover illo showing a witch being hanged, rather than burnt) shall read properly in a moment.

Just one thing, though.

Surely the Rat Scabies/Holy Grail interview should have been called 'New Rosslyn'?

*cough*

See, because The Damned... *shuffle* '76 *cough*

Yeah, no the black leather one with the stranglers badge and 'dr who is skill' writen in biro on the sleeve. Cheers...

got mine too....no time to read it yet, I was late for work in now Doctor Who is on in an hour an I've still got dinner to make still!

I haven't had 197 yet. I shall have to complain.

I'm waiting...
*taps foot impatiently*
Anome - get onto the subscriptions department. If we pay in advance for issues then we should get them!

C'est la guerre catoon in FT 198

With alledged psychic medium Derek Acorah's use of acronyms in Most Haunted (Kreed Kafer, Rik Eedles), its strange that the medium in this cartoon is called "Nathaniel Ochre" - an anagram of "something" Acorah. What I want to know is: Whats the "something"?

Of course. There's nothing like a case of spontaneous humour consumption!

Sub copy arrived today (odd occurence in itself: normally turns up Saturday mornings), and haven't got to the articles yet, just dipping into it here and there.

...but the dumb criminals bit about that >gshnuck!< ahem guy who burst in with the >snigger< shout of "Freeze mother-stickers, this is a f***-up!" >BWAH-ha-ha-ha-ha!< gave me a milk out the nose moment. :D

(Except it was actually carbonated water, which seems slightly more uncomfortable... (understatement)) :eek:

Who is delivering the FTs?

I had assumed it had been somehow farmd out to the milkie (as I have found it tucked behind the milk bottles some mornings) but I have just found my copy lying in the path (and the milkie delivers two on Tuesday so as to Weds off) so it can't be him.

And whoever it is could they stick it through my letterbox (matron) as just leaving it lying around in the general vicinty of my front door is just asking for trouble.

Anyway it is here now :)

Mine arrived yesterday - while I was at work.
Anyone else somewhat baffled by the advertising junk-mail enclosure which apparently deals with wood-burning central heating but is so badly produced it's hard to make any sense of?

Anyone else somewhat baffled by the advertising junk-mail enclosure which apparently deals with wood-burning central heating but is so badly produced it's hard to make any sense of?

Initially baffled. It then began to grip us with a fascination that dominated our weekend. (I'm only half joking too. We started out mocking it, but by chucking out time on Sunday night we were clutching it while howling 'BUT WHY?!?' into an uncaring sky).

We were briefly distracted by raging at the advert for hi-hi-hilarious t-shirts, one of which featured a mispelt Little Britain quote, but then it was back to trying to decipher the central heating brochure.

Oh, the nights just fly by here in Bovril Towers.

Yeah it was like they had so much to say and so little paper!

I was gonna start a thread about self suffciency as i wanted to know a few things, mainly, if you could provide your own energy through whatever means (the above etc) then what happens to bills etc.Would you still have to pay the goverment/local authorities a special kind of tax but still have to pay something?!

Stormkhan said:
Mine arrived yesterday - while I was at work.

Yes I was sitting there this morning waggling mine and wondering about its added stiffness and lo and behold what dropped into my hand!! ;)

It seems to be alternative energy done in the style of an advert for a book telling you about how the Great Pyramid was once a nuclear reactor and/or death machine. I doubt it has much to do with the contents and the difference between:

1. A designer - OK we have four pages to sell this product. Lets make it look good and provide enough information to hook them in.

2. The laymen (pos. amred with a copy of Publisher) - OK we've got four pages lets jam as much stuff in as possible. It does look interesting (when the oil runs out we'll all look jolly silly if we haven't already pretty much done what this guy has) but there is so much stuff I feel overwhelmed.

Then again I direct you to the bottom of each page.

I think it is appropriate to end on:

2006 Fading ....

I want a fullpage advert for Jahtruth.net next issue. I think it's in my top 100 sites now and deserves some ad space.

in the next issue - isn't getting steven speilberg a bit of a coup?!

I've been getting miffed 'cause you've all got your copy and I haven't got mine so I emailed the powers that be at Fortean Towers - apparently it's not supposed to be mailed out until tomorrow (2nd June)- so what's so special about you lot then? (sulks) :?

Isn't the idea you don't give up trying to decipher it and you burn it as fuel?

Undoubtedly the most disappointing "capture" of Sasquatch is the video still on page 5. Why bother?
Come back Roger Patterson all is forgiven.

-

Mummy said:
I've been getting miffed 'cause you've all got your copy and I haven't got mine so I emailed the powers that be at Fortean Towers - apparently it's not supposed to be mailed out until tomorrow (2nd June)- so what's so special about you lot then? (sulks) :?

Lucky you! I've sent several e-mails about missing FTs and had no reply.

Next step: tell the bank to stop the direct debit. Maybe that will get their attention.

Anyone else notice the amazing bargain on page 64?

"The Watch on the Heath" - normal price £20 - FT Bookshop Price - £35.

I bet the phones have been busy with that order!

I lurve the machine that you can buy that you lob in logs of wood ... and it'll turn it into burnable fuel (in their own log-burning stoves). The damn thing takes in 2 tonnes! Here, in London, I'd find it tricky to engage in deforestation on that level, no matter how eco-friendly it sounds.

So stop burning ancient-fossile-fuel ... by burning fresh, modern stuff.

My Mum and Dad (Gawd bless 'em) installed an AGA cooking stove along with an open fire (in the living room) to heat all the central heating and tap water. The amount they spent in fuel (and it must be said, in inconvenience) plus the setting-up cost MORE that they ever saved in eco-friendly, more 'moral' energy use.

I'm always willing to improve my life-style but this sounds odd.

Still the FT advertising standards have always surprised me.

whoo-hoo mine came at 6.30 am! :shock:

cant wait for next months tho :spinning

Mummy said:

I don't know who it was who told you that -- today (2nd June) is the on-sale date for newsstand copies; subscribers could have received their copies any time from last Thursday (26th May) onwards, depending on the vagaries of the postal services / their milkman / eldritch forces etc.

I think I've said this somewhere before, but these days UK subscribers normally receive their copies roughly a week before the "on sale" date quoted in the "Coming Next Month" section of the previous issue. If you still haven't received yours after that date, you should contact subscriptions department.

Back