• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT294

WhistlingJack

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Mine came today :D

(Creepy) Cover: Haunted History: A Halloween Scrapbook From America's Forgotten Past

Editorial: Goodbye to Owen Whiteoak and Nick Cirkovic

Strange Days: Fire tornado pic; Fresco Fiasco; The Secret Life of Plants

Ghostwatch dares to mention the Highgate Vampire (though not He Who Must Not Be Mentioned Here..)

Mythconceptions: The Mehrabian Myth

Classical Corner: Heart of the Total Eclipse

In Search of the Hexam Heads - Part One (which, elsewhere in the mag, our own Stu Neville is twice wrongly credited with writing)

Forum: Death Tripping

Strange and Unusual Stories From The Illustrated Police News: The White Gorilla

Phenomenomix: Kenneth Anger 2

Why do I always, always, always muddle up the two Stus?

Stu Ferrol will not be amused...

Here's me all ready to congratulate our glorious moderator, too. Should be a good article no matter who wrote it!

Amusingly pedantic letters page this issue. Also, the headline about the Florida man arrested in a bank claiming to be the CIA director and half orangutan - surely that was worth an article in itself?

That's all I've read so far.

gncxx said:
.. our glorious moderator...
I've applied to be upgraded to that, in lieu of other residuals.

I'll let you know how I get on...

Anyway, got mine today too. Saving it for otherwise boring interlude tomorrow.

Mine's arrived, about to peruse it.

Got mine today.
Interesting.
It seems to be printed using only a film of ink which seems quite flimsy.
I bet the paper companies are shitting themselves now they're redundant - have you thought of patenting this remarkable process that avoids paper completely?

On the plus side, I'm REALLY looking forward to reading the Hexham Heads article. I remember watching Look North when it was reported and thinking it was the oddest story I'd ever heard.

Mine's arrived today, should cheer up my convalescence! :D

Get well soon! Didn't get a chance to read any more, but I do like the bear photos, especially the flying one.

Anyone hear anything more about the huge mechanical gorilla found in Cambridgeshire? There's a pic this issue.

Got mine over the weekend, haven't read much of it yet, however Hexham heads/feral kids/loadsa Halloween = best issue in a while IMHO :D

gncxx said:
Anyone hear anything more about the huge mechanical gorilla found in Cambridgeshire? There's a pic this issue.

I used to be married to that.

escargot1 said:
gncxx said:

Reason given for divorce : Plaintive had to dress up as Empire State Building every night...

Heckler20 said:
escargot1 said:
gncxx said:

Reason given for divorce : Plaintive had to dress up as Empire State Building every night...

Now there's a mental image! :wow:

47Forteans said:
Heckler20 said:
escargot1 said:
gncxx said:

Now there's a mental image! :wow:

Hmm, I would have thought dressing up as Fay Wray more appropriate.

sw1nx.gif

Am I alone in finding the American Hallowe'en article nothing more than an advertisement for a book?

ramonmercado said:

That delicate satin draped frame
As it clung to her thigh
How I started to cry
Coz I wanted to be dressed just the same

:lol:

Pietro_Mercurios said:
ramonmercado said:

That delicate satin draped frame
As it clung to her thigh
How I started to cry
Coz I wanted to be dressed just the same

:lol:

You wouldn't be the first on this site to want to dress like that! ;)

Really? I've never dressed like that! :lol:

Mine turned up yesterday!

Looks like a good 'un. :)

Will Hunt Emerson's series of comic biographies be collected into a book at some time?

gncxx said:

I thought that had been left out for the council clean-up/hard rubbish collection...

as would be in my neck of the woods...

47Forteans said:
gncxx said:

I thought that had been left out for the council clean-up/hard rubbish collection...

Funny you should mention "the woods", because that's where it was found, by someone walking their dog.

gncxx said:
47Forteans said:
gncxx said:

Funny you should mention "the woods", because that's where it was found, by someone walking their dog.

Well, I do live in the woods...

liveinabin1 said:
Am I alone in finding the American Hallowe'en article nothing more than an advertisement for a book?

No you are not. Some actual content to the article would've improved it somewhat.

Something did strike me as odd, I wonder if Tim Burton had ever seen the cover image as it starlingly resembles the Lock, Shock and Barrel characters from Nightmare Before Christmas.

Back