• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT319

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Mine's here!

Not opening it yet though as I'd like to get something done today before work. :cry:

OK then, a little look…

Ooh! Ooh! Haunted murder houses! :D

I've had a brief read of mine, the main IHTM, without spoiling it, is pretty damn good though the author must be ancient. Also, I know the Page 3 girls are a tradition in some newspapers, but do we really need one on page 5 of the FT? I was disgusted.

Incidentally, that Sideline about Archduke Ferdinand's car, I'm surprised it didn't mention the vehicle is meant to be cursed (probably wasn't space). I read about it ages ago and all the sad fates that befell its owners. Is this still the case, I wonder?

Anyone actually going on the FT outing to Turkey then? They're getting a bit imploring now.

gncxx said:
I know the Page 3 girls are a tradition in some newspapers, but do we really need one on page 5 of the FT? I was disgusted.

I thought it was pretty sexy myself.

Looks a good issue - I live and work around Glasgow and never even knew about that stone circle!

I'm looking at the Turkey holiday, can't actually make much sense of the offer.
It's all-inclusive for some derisory amount but then it seems that everything except breathing the air is £100pp extra.

escargot1 said:
I'm looking at the Turkey holiday, can't actually make much sense of the offer.
It's all-inclusive for some derisory amount but then it seems that everything except breathing the air is £100pp extra.

I never even looked at that, threw the lot in the recycling bin as soon as I opened the magazine. Clearly too good to be true.

Thanks for that.

Sorry to see Robin Ramsay is leaving the mag, his conspiracy corner was a voice of sanity in the jumbled conspiracy field. Will there be anyone else taking over the column, or is that it?

gncxx said:
Thanks for that.

Sorry to see Robin Ramsay is leaving the mag, his conspiracy corner was a voice of sanity in the jumbled conspiracy field. Will there be anyone else taking over the column, or is that it?

Is he leaving? I thought he was just saying he was leaving the column for that issue. It was a bit ambiguous - if he WAS leaving I think he'd have made it clearer and there'd have been some announcement.
It IS a good column, should be expanded!

He seemed pretty certain to me that he was ending the column, complaining about repeating himself and saying he would be at his Lobster website if we wanted him. Maybe he can be coaxed back for an article or two? Hope so.

gncxx said:
He seemed pretty certain to me that he was ending the column, complaining about repeating himself and saying he would be at his Lobster website if we wanted him. Maybe he can be coaxed back for an article or two? Hope so.

There was a conspiiracy to drive him out of the FT.

ramonmercado said:
gncxx said:

Damn CIA get everywhere. :evil:

XEPER_ said:
ramonmercado said:
gncxx said:

Damn CIA get everywhere. :evil:

I think this one was a joint MI6 / MOSSAD op.

I read the other day that the Sighthill stone circle has been saved, but is being moved to another location because what the world needs is another supermarket.

gncxx said:
I read the other day that the Sighthill stone circle has been saved, but is being moved to another location because what the world needs is another supermarket.

I herewwith curse the supermarket.

Loved the Extra! Extra!: Trucker Killed By Dead Badger. You never get a farmer killed by a badger, not even a live one.

Two hunters killed by anteaters in Brazil (Strange Deaths). We can no longer say aardvark never killed a man.

was worth it just for the glasgow stone circle, the first 15 years of my life there and i never heard of it before! So that bloody thatcher snatches stone circles as well as milk, i hate her even more now. :furious:

XEPER_ said:
gncxx said:
I know the Page 3 girls are a tradition in some newspapers, but do we really need one on page 5 of the FT? I was disgusted.

Looks a good issue - I live and work around Glasgow and never even knew about that stone circle!

Completely missed the Page 5 item! too busy reading about the Haunted Murder House article!

DrWhiteface said:
XEPER_ said:
gncxx said:

Completely missed the Page 5 item! too busy reading about the Haunted Murder House article!

Having looked at the page in question last night, I now know what you mean

I seem to have missed this issue entirely!

What was on the front cover? I might be going mad and have forgotten all the articles.

the front cover is a man slitting a woman's throat, as seen through a window and all in a tasteful blood red, its easy to forget.

Hi, has anybody on here had problems getting their Fortean Times delivered
since they are now being delivered by TNT? I haven't had the last 2 issues delivered.

Is this the issue with the wodewose on the front?

If it is then I loved it. If it isn't then this is irrelevant :oops:

I might have a look in WHSmiths tomorrow and see if I've had it.
They seemed to be coming every other week a while ago, and not I've not had anything for ages.

Stillill said:
Hi, has anybody on here had problems getting their Fortean Times delivered
since they are now being delivered by TNT? I haven't had the last 2 issues delivered.

Mine still comes via the postie?

Thanks for that.

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of the 'Fairy' column that has come onboard a few issues before either.

Back