• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT443

Mine has also just arrived. Maybe we have the same postman...

Are you a subscriber? I've found that our copies usually arrive the weekend before general release (the following Thursday).

Are you a subscriber? I've found that our copies usually arrive the weekend before general release (the following Thursday).
I subscribe and mine nearly always arrive on a Saturday morning. Very occasionally they will drop through the letterbox on a Monday.

I subscribe but usually seem to be 3-4 days behind the first people on here. My most recent did arrive yesterday though.

I am not ruling out aliens being involved somehow.

Here we are again.... just a perplexity. This thread discusses the content of the current or named edition of the magazine, in this case April 2024.

Now I'm aware of the stickied post at the top of the page. I've read the rationale and I'm aware it's there for very good and pressing reasons. And having once been mentioned in the "nailed to a tree" log for politically related reasons, I have absolutely no wish whatsoever to repeat the experience.

The thing is... two articles in the current FT443 discuss the controversy surrounding an American pop singer with speculation expressed that her perceived social and political viewpoints have created a backlash against her. (And that's as far as I want to go, being mindful of the advisory at the top of the page).

How are we to approach discussion when the print magazine itself - for inescapable reasons - discusses the political dimensions of a Fortean story, if only to provide context and background? This (I suspect) is not going to go away during 2024.

I'm guessing it might be wisest and most prudent to not go there on this thread and accept this may limit how we can discuss content of the print magazine? is it possible to request staff adjudication on this so as to, well, head off any misunderstandings or concerns?

Last edited:
Here we are again.... just a perplexity. This thread discusses the content current or named edition of the magazine, in this case April 2024.

Now I'm aware of the stickied post at the top of the page. I've read the rationale and I'm aware it's there for very good and pressing reasons. And having once been mentioned in the "nailed to a tree" log for politically related reasons, I have absolutely no wish whatsoever to repeat the experience.

The thing is... two articles in the current FT443 discuss the controversy surrounding an American pop singer with speculation expressed that her perceived social and political viewpoints have created a backlash against her. (And that's as far as I want to go, being mindful of the advisory at the top of the page).

How are we to approach discussion when the print magazine itself - for inescapable reasons - discusses the political dimensions of a Fortean story, if only to provide context and background? This (I suspect) is not going to go away during 2024.

I'm guessing it might be wisest and most prudent to not go there on this thread and accept this may limit how we can discuss content of the print magazine? is it possible to request staff adjudication on this so as to, well, head off any misunderstandings or concerns?

The FT editor can edit/not publish inflammatory letters and therefore prevent the Letters section from descending into chaos..

The Fortean aspects of the articles can be discussed here, I doubt if the Mods would sanction anyone for acting in good faith.

What you can't do is say Biden/Trump is/are a dick/dicks/worth voting for.

Here we are again.... just a perplexity. This thread discusses the content current or named edition of the magazine, in this case April 2024.

Basically if in doubt ask. You cansend a message to one or all of the mods for clarification if something is ok for the Forum.

Thanks for clarification... some odd insights. In Letters, a correspondent questions why nobody ever has reincarnation memories of being a peon working on the fields in a boring mediaeval existence. That makes sense, especially as there appears to be a big wish-fulfilment theme going on - almost everybody who recalls a past life seems to have been from a higher social strata who lived a virtuous life. (Nobody recalls, for instance, ordering a pogrom or being a Waffen-SS officer).

What I'm wondering is - and let's for the sake of the argument begin from assuming reincarnation is a truth - who remembers the humdrum everyday boring bits in great detail? I'd struggle to describe a typical day at work in any great detail, for instance. But if there was an out-of-the-ordinary standout moment in the day - I'd remember that.

In Letters, a correspondent questions why nobody ever has reincarnation memories of being a peon working on the fields in a boring mediaeval existence
I've read loads of accounts just like that, and this was merely in a single book. The mundane accounts greatly outnumbered the 'I was Anastasia and my gran was Rasputin' types. I think it's a convenient myth for those who are cynical about the validity of such experiences and, for various reasons, avoid looking any deeper into the subject.

Back