• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost Buildings

I interviewed someone who stopped at a relative's abode, a pub. During the night he got up to go to the toilet but was drawn to the window. He looked out and saw that the shop opposite in the alleyway had gone, replaced with an old house with two young girls staring out of the window!

Here's a funny thing. Couple of weeks back we were out on the bikes as usual and I saw a large farmhouse coming up on the right.
Had a good look, watching for emerging tractors/horse riders etc as you do, and noticed that most of the tiles were missing from the roof and I could see straight through it to the sky.

I thought 'How weird! You'd think they'd tarp that up right away!' and 'Better watch out for the contractor's van too then!'

I called out to Techy as it seemed a bit rum, and as we drew level I saw that the roof was actually intact. This really surprised me and I had a second of thinking 'What the flip did I just see?'

It must've been a trick of the light. Weird though.
Go onto Google Streetview and see if there are pictures of this place from previous years.
You could then replicate this weirdness via Streetview.

I used to visit Trent Park in north London very often and walk in the park. It’s a fascinating place, it belonged to Phillip Sassoon in the 30s and after he died was used as a prison for high ranking Nazi officer. Their conversations were monitored by “listeners”, German speakers who were gathering evidence for war crimes trials. It’s currently being converted to a museum.

At one part of the forest there are seats on a path facing into a wooded area. There was an optical illusion there where it was pretty easy to convince yourself that there were the ruins of a red brick Tudor house through the trees. It was possible to see persuade yourself you were looking at window frames rather than branches. Not a supernatural experience but an example how your mind can see what it chooses to see, at times.

I used to visit Trent Park in north London very often and walk in the park. It’s a fascinating place, it belonged to Phillip Sassoon in the 30s and after he died was used as a prison for high ranking Nazi officer. Their conversations were monitored by “listeners”, German speakers who were gathering evidence for war crimes trials. It’s currently being converted to a museum.

At one part of the forest there are seats on a path facing into a wooded area. There was an optical illusion there where it was pretty easy to convince yourself that there were the ruins of a red brick Tudor house through the trees. It was possible to see persuade yourself you were looking at window frames rather than branches. Not a supernatural experience but an example how your mind can see what it chooses to see, at times.
I did a walk round the perimeter last week.

Re wartime internment of high ranking Nazis & eavesdropping, from here-

Between 1941 and 1945, 64,427 conversations had been recorded on gramophone discs, from which 16,960 transcripts from German and 18,903 transcripts from Italian POWs were produced.

Vital intelligence gained from the Trent Park interrogation centre included information on the Knickebein, X-Gerät and Y-Gerät radar system technologies that were used to assist accurate German bombing raids. The information assisted the British in counteracting and jamming their systems. Extremely valuable information on German U-boat tactics was also gained, from conversations between General Ludwig Crüwell and Oberleutnant zur See (Sub-Lieutenant – Navy) Wolfgang Romer. Some of the first evidence of war crimes and atrocities, including the mass killing of Jews, was also discovered. This included evidence that the German Regular Army were also taking part in the atrocities and were just as guilty of war crimes, which they had always denied till the information was recently declassified.

Another extraordinary example of vital intelligence gained was from a recorded conversation at Trent Park on 26th May 1943 which gave definitive evidence of the development of the V-2 rocket at an army research centre in Peenemünde on the Baltic Coast. The first attack was launched on the centre by Bomber Command on the night of 17th August 1943 and was codenamed Operation Hydra. It was the beginning of a much larger Anglo-American offensive called Operation Crossbow, which focused on any sites connected with the V-2 programme. This slowed down the production of this potentially devastating weapon that could have turned the tide of the war, and bought enough time for the allies to launch the D-Day offensive.

There is no exaggeration in claiming that were it not for MI19’s bugging operations, the outcome of WWII may have been very different. Since the information was declassified in the 1990s, historians and writers are increasingly becoming more aware of the significance of the intelligence gained at Trent Park, Wilton Park and Latimer House, easily placing MI19 on the same par as the Enigma Code Breakers.
Berkeley Homes are currently building on parts of it & have 2 bed flats upwards from 790 grand & houses up to 1.735 million. I don’t know how as it must surely be green belt land.

I did a walk round the perimeter last week.

Re wartime internment of high ranking Nazis & eavesdropping, from here-

Between 1941 and 1945, 64,427 conversations had been recorded on gramophone discs, from which 16,960 transcripts from German and 18,903 transcripts from Italian POWs were produced.

Berkeley Homes are currently building on parts of it & have 2 bed flats upwards from 790 grand & houses up to 1.735 million. I don’t know how as it must surely be green belt land.
The green belt is being built on all over the place...

Back