• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Ghost Hunting' Shows Are Getting So Bad That It's Beyond Amusing

I filmed at a private home with our crew a few years back that was supposed to be haunted. The woman who lived/lives there had a dialysis machine in her bedroom with the cables for it running across the floor. She also got through two bottles of red wine that night so I'll assume she didn't take her health that seriously or she was on government PIP payments. After laying a rug over the cables so we couldn't kick them loose (my idea), I met her three medium friends of varying approachability.

The first medium shot me an angry scowl because I'd smiled and said hello (I avoided her for the rest of the evening, I didn't want to ruin 'her show'.), the second lady was a bit more friendly, the third lady was great and even showed me an anomaly of some sort happening live on her phone's camera. The first two wove a story that didn't check out when I looked into the history of the house later. For some reason I'll never understand, the owner of the house was recruited to join our team.

She caused as much trouble as she could including trying to get me out of the team which was bizarre because I'd barely even talked to her at this stage, before, during or after filming in her house other then pleasantries like "Hello" and "Thank you for having us.". I think I talked to Escargot about it at the time. She even went as far as saying "You abused me!." at the last team meeting I attended. This woman was warped but she's said it underneath a sound recording CCTV. I told our team leader who immediately asked the woman what she meant but the woman refused to explain further.

I wasn't barred from the group but neither was that woman so I decided to leave. There was no way in hell I was going to visit locations with the lights switched off and be in a room anywhere near that twisted fantasist. I even had her 16 year old daughter, bless her, phone me online to tell me to leave her Mum alone!? .. I'd made no effort to contact the nutter (her Mum or the household) so I had to be diplomatic (because I was talking to a kid) and explain she and her Mum had nothing to worry about, I hadn't and wouldn't be trying to contact them in any way and I wished them well.

I've 'worked' with a lot more mentally stable/well balanced people on ghost investigations but the above experiences seriously put me off.

A mate's just started a new team. I'd join him but I can't take seriously phone apps that occasionally spit out words like DEATH or UPSTAIRS or AM I DEAD etc .. he's into that stuff, I've got no time for supposed supernatural contact phone apps. Or mad women.

Last edited:
I filmed at a private home with our crew a few years back that was supposed to be haunted. The woman who lived/lives there had a dialysis machine in her bedroom with the cables for it running across the floor. She also got through two bottles of red wine that night so I'll assume she didn't take her health that seriously or she was on government PIP payments. After laying a rug over the cables so we couldn't kick them loose (my idea), I met her three medium friends of varying approachability.

The first medium shot me an angry scowl because I'd smiled and said hello (I avoided her for the rest of the evening, I didn't want to ruin 'her show'.), the second lady was a bit more friendly, the third lady was great and even showed me an anomaly of some sort happening live on her phone's camera. The first two wove a story that didn't check out when I looked into the history of the house later. For some reason I'll never understand, the owner of the house was recruited to join our team.

She caused as much trouble as she could including trying to get me out of the team which was bizarre because I'd barely even talked to her at this stage, before, during or after filming in her house other then pleasantries like "Hello" and "Thank you for having us.". I think I talked to Escargot about it at the time. She even went as far as saying "You abused me!." at the last team meeting I attended. This woman was warped but she's said it underneath a sound recording CCTV. I told our team leader who immediately asked the woman what she meant but the woman refused to explain further.

I wasn't barred from the group but neither was that woman so I decided to leave. There was no way in hell I was going to visit locations with the lights switched off and be in a room anywhere near that twisted fantasist. I even had her 16 year old daughter, bless her, phone me online to tell me to leave her Mum alone!? .. I'd made no effort to contact the nutter (her Mum or the household) so I had to be diplomatic (because I was talking to a kid) and explain she and her Mum had nothing to worry about, I hadn't and wouldn't be trying to contact them in any way and I wished them well.

I've 'worked' with a lot more mentally stable/well balanced people on ghost investigations but the above experiences seriously put me off.

A mate's just started a new team. I'd join him but I can't take seriously phone apps that occasionally spit out words like DEATH or UPSTAIRS or AM I DEAD etc .. he's into that stuff, I've got no time for supposed supernatural contact phone apps. Or mad women.
Never be alone with nutters. Sounds like you've met a few.

I really must get involved with your groups Swifty. There are two round here, the first is a bunch of most haunted wannabes who hike access prices, and the other are just apathetic when it comes to cases.
Shadow Paranormal, Eddie Mallet and Chris Halton are the only ones I take seriously because they keep records.

Hmm mebbe they knew you wouldn’t put up with any nonsense or bulls**t swifty and would tell them straight out that they were wrong/making it up

Hmm mebbe they knew you wouldn’t put up with any nonsense or bulls**t swifty and would tell them straight out that they were wrong/making it up
It's a long story including a trouble causer, someone's unexpected pregnancy, someone getting paranoid, someone else's night vision camera stopping functioning permanently, someone splitting up with their husband, covid restrictions. The plus side is I'm now the Godfather of the little kid who lives with his Mum up the street from me :). That was a bit intense. I had to renounce all evil at a Catholic ceremony, promise to steer him towards God and do a bit of a speech in church. I managed to score a bottle of the blessed water he was christened in though. As you do.

A wasp landed next to him as he was about to get dunked so I flicked the little f****r away from him. That's probably not going to be the only time I'm going to have to protect him. The ironic thing is we'd all just had to sing 'All things bright and beautiful'. Except wasps when I'm standing next to a baby.

Last edited:
Maybe it was a Holy Wasp and he was destined to be stung and gain superpowers and one day use them to save us all from an alien threat.
Although, I’ll admit that’s a bit of a long shot.
I didn't think of that. You could be right. I might have messed up his destiny of testing double glazing by bouncing off it a lot and leaving little yellow turds.

Last edited:

Sounds actually like a potentially dangerous nutter both to herself and people she associates with. On dialysis and drinks 2 bottles of wine in one evening? Not going to live long, but no doubt she'll be complaining why she's at the bottom of the list for a kidney transplant.
Sadly there are no groups in the north west to join.

Follow the Frog Brothers!
"Death by stereo!" :smoke:

Lost Boys jokes aside, we did once consider diluting some vodka in a plant sprayer bottle once but we didn't go that far. The theory on trying that was that one location was purported to be haunted by an ex reverend with a recorded drink problem. Amongst other strange things, we'd sometime catch a strong smell of alcohol (like when you might smell it on someone's breath who's hiding a drink problem).

At first, we'd all empty our bags and pockets to prove none of had brought alcohol with us, you could even be standing on your own in an area and get a sudden whiff of it so we ruled out an investigator drinking alcohol. We compromised, I bought one of these red wine miniatures bottles, we left it in the middle of the place with the lid removed, locked off a camera directly pointed at the wine then all went outside at the same time so it couldn't be tampered with. We didn't capture anything weird, I wasn't expecting it to be lifted from the ground with someone invisible drinking from it ... we were just hoping the smell would either excite, annoy or trigger object some kind of recorded phenomena. It was worth a go.

Last edited:
Back