• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Ghost Hunting' Shows Are Getting So Bad That It's Beyond Amusing

.. Live investigation at 30 East Drive, Pontefract (Black Monk, heavy poltergeist activity, my team's been there and nothing happened, 'they' made the film When The Lights Go Out about the address, we've got a thread about it including Colin Wilson's involvement) .. in 25 minutes time apparently on Facebook .. I don't know who the team are or if they're even allowed to be renting the place at the moment ..

I'm not promoting this event at all but here it is if anyone's interested ..

Watch 30 East Drive Ghost Investigation FREE TO WATCH! Live Stream in HD (live-stream-online.com)
Remember I posted the video of the 30 East Drive visitor who didn't find anything paranormal. I find it strange how some of the ghost shows visiting the address get all kinds of activity, while others find little or no activity. He even tried to provoke the "entity" or whatever others have encountered.

Remember I posted the video of the 30 East Drive visitor who didn't find anything paranormal. I find it strange how some of the ghost shows visiting the address get all kinds of activity, while others find little or no activity. He even tried to provoke the "entity" or whatever others have encountered.
Sounds a bit like the late lamented 'Through the Keyhole' but with added ghost.

When the camera starts to go through the keyhole something pokes a meat skewer in from the other end?

'Most Haunted' allegedly added props to East Drive when they visited; The clock on the stairs being one of them. I'm pretty sure that on one of the visits 'The Parapod' made, Ian pretended stuff happened to him, only for Carol to say it was the ghost of a little girl. My overall impression of 30 East Drive is that it was all faked and attempt to get a new council house that got out of hand.

There's going to be an upcoming case on "Help! My house is haunted" that features a local pub which has a plethora of ghostly reports. However, central to this is a possessed iPad (yes, you heard that right) linked to the music system which has been playing some weird stuff. Unfortunately there are suspicions that it might have been hacked which seriously undermines the case.

We'd been trying to access the place and the landlord seemed quite keen and we arranged to have a chat with him. I wasn't given a time so I thought it would be earlier rather than later so I arrived soon after opening. I introduced myself to the barman and he went upstairs and soon returned saying the the landlord would be down in ten minutes as he was busy. After over an hour's wait he hadn't so I left. I did get some interesting stuff from the barman who said that the landlord was on the phone to Google.

During that hour the landlord came down several times to wander round, get milk from the fridge and even chat to several locals who had come in and were sat about 10 feet from me. He looked in my direction and knew I was there and never came over.

My friend turned up later at 7pm which unknown to me was the allocated time. Despite this the landlord was still busy upstairs. However on a return trip a few days later my friend arranged for us to do an evening vigil a couple of days later from 7pm onwards.

I got there at 6.55 and the team started turning up after 7. The pub closes at 5pm anyway but we expected someone to be there. No one home. We waited for two hours before giving up and going home. He had no intention of turning up.

Fortunately everyone had come a relatively short distance but it was mooted originally that two people would come all the way from Somerset to Norfolk. Imagine how pissed off *they'd* have been.

Funnily enough he was available for filming with the TV crew a few days later.

It seems to me that if you made an appointment to see him he hid upstairs or made himself scarce. But if you happened to go in and he was on duty he had no choice but to talk to you.

Hoax? I don't know. But the landlord's behaviour stinks. I think he couldn't risk anyone examining that spooky iPad. A shame because take that out, and you're left with some interesting phenomena.

There's going to be an upcoming case on "Help! My house is haunted" that features a local pub which has a plethora of ghostly reports. However, central to this is a possessed iPad (yes, you heard that right) linked to the music system which has been playing some weird stuff. Unfortunately there are suspicions that it might have been hacked which seriously undermines the case.

We'd been trying to access the place and the landlord seemed quite keen and we arranged to have a chat with him. I wasn't given a time so I thought it would be earlier rather than later so I arrived soon after opening. I introduced myself to the barman and he went upstairs and soon returned saying the the landlord would be down in ten minutes as he was busy. After over an hour's wait he hadn't so I left. I did get some interesting stuff from the barman who said that the landlord was on the phone to Google.

During that hour the landlord came down several times to wander round, get milk from the fridge and even chat to several locals who had come in and were sat about 10 feet from me. He looked in my direction and knew I was there and never came over.

My friend turned up later at 7pm which unknown to me was the allocated time. Despite this the landlord was still busy upstairs. However on a return trip a few days later my friend arranged for us to do an evening vigil a couple of days later from 7pm onwards.

I got there at 6.55 and the team started turning up after 7. The pub closes at 5pm anyway but we expected someone to be there. No one home. We waited for two hours before giving up and going home. He had no intention of turning up.

Fortunately everyone had come a relatively short distance but it was mooted originally that two people would come all the way from Somerset to Norfolk. Imagine how pissed off *they'd* have been.

It seems to me that if you made an appointment to see him he hid upstairs or made himself scarce. But if you happened to go in and he was on duty he had no choice but to talk to you.

Hoax? I don't know. But the landlord's behaviour stinks. I think he couldn't risk anyone examining that spooky iPad. A shame because take that out, and you're left with some interesting phenomena.
Maybe he was under instructions not to do interviews etc before the tv filming. But then he should not have made arrangements and failed to keep the appointments. Some weird people out there and best avoided.

You could be right. I feel so angry that our time was wasted.
I'd just done a great vigil at the Bell inn in Thetford, my first in many years, but this has soured all that. I'm busy researching some locations in Norfolk and I'm pretty sure we can access some of them but my enthusiasm has completely gone now.

I'd just done a great vigil at the Bell inn in Thetford, my first in many years, but this has soured all that. I'm busy researching some locations in Norfolk and I'm pretty sure we can access some of them but my enthusiasm has completely gone now.
Don't be discouraged, dear. There's a lovely ghost out there just DYING to meet you. ;)

That landlord sounds a twat. After he's sacked for pinching or has a car crash there'll be a better one.

FB_IMG_1684598038319.jpg

I also get the feeling that with programes like celebrity ghost hunting on ice or whatever they are not interested unless there is a "horror" aspect to the whole thing.

The most convincing, to me, experience I had which I posted on here somewhere was nothing like that in that it was daylight, I thought it was a real person and if it ws a spook it was one come back to be in a place he liked. Not very good TV though is it?

It's a shame that one idiot has dampened your enthusiasm.

Possibly he had something planned for the tv crew and then thought better that he didn't want too many people closely examining/researching some of the claims.

Obviously, if the bartender had some interesting anecdotes, there might be something in them, but maybe not as the owner wanted them to be interpreted ie odd, but maybe not attention (publicity) drawing.

Hayley Stevens has mentioned how she and a team investigated a pub and found the landlord was responsible for most of the “activity” , they caught him red handed throwing things when he thought he couldn’t be seen. Business wasn’t as good as it could have been and he admitted that he hoped to attract the ghost hunting crowd and possibly hit the jackpot by attracting Most Haunted.

When we were at The Golden Fleece in York a couple of weeks ago, I asked them for a business card. The barmaid asked me why so I told her I'd like to do some filming there (I did anyway including sneaking upstairs with a Texan woman letting us into her room named 'The Shambles' because it over looks the street of the same name). She told me the pub's owned by a corporation so she'd bring me their contact details over. She either forgot, couldn't be bothered or the manager told her not to.

I also get the feeling that with programes like celebrity ghost hunting on ice or whatever they are not interested unless there is a "horror" aspect to the whole thing.

The most convincing, to me, experience I had which I posted on here somewhere was nothing like that in that it was daylight, I thought it was a real person and if it ws a spook it was one come back to be in a place he liked. Not very good TV though is it?
I wonder if the 'horror' aspect is so that the shows will sell to the US, where hauntings have to be 'demons' almost contractually. It would be very hard to ascribe 'demonic activity' to, say a cupboard that just opens slightly now and again.

I wonder if the 'horror' aspect is so that the shows will sell to the US, where hauntings have to be 'demons' almost contractually. It would be very hard to ascribe 'demonic activity' to, say a cupboard that just opens slightly now and again.
Hey, if you're a trainee demon you have to start somewhere. When you get good at cupboard doors you move to wardrobes and then work your way up to portals to Hell.

There's a very famous haunted pub in Southampton that gets mentioned as a veritable Amityville II in the press all the time.
Last year I went in and chatted to the barmaid who was a sceptic but knew of some tales but suggested I come back the following night.
Which I did. I introduced myself but either the landlady (or barmaid) said they were busy but they'd try to have a chat later on.
So I sat there and waited. The landlady turned up and even though the place wasn't heaving she didn't come over although she did chat to others in the bar.

I'd nearly finished my pint and was ready to storm out (and of course write something scathing on my website) when she came over and we had a brief but very informative chat.

She'd been at the pub either as a barmaid or manager for decades and in all that time there'd only been very low key stuff including a pint glass exploding the previous year (at the exact table I was sitting at strangely).

So all's well that ended well but I had to wait a long time.
It also shows how bloody lazy journalists are. They could have visited to find the truth but it's far easier to just grab a story from the files

My demon is in trouble then, I don't have any wardrobes.
Oh dear! You may end up with an ineptly opened portal to Hell, unless he can practise on a washing machine or something.

Oh dear! You may end up with an ineptly opened portal to Hell, unless he can practise on a washing machine or something.
Well, the bedroom window did have a few moments a year or so ago, so maybe he's moved on to that.

We downloaded a couple of episodes of Spooky Ireland but deleted them both after watching half the first one.
Same old, same old. Follows the same old script and brings nothing new to the screen.
I wonder when the broadcasters are going to get bored with this type of show and look for something new, like BBC have done with Uncanny?

Most Haunted used to drive me nuts, it was that Evette, whatever her name was, she would scream and run and the camera men followed her, if she had really heard something shouldnt they have stopped and filmed it, not ran off, they should have hired someone with a bit more courage, and i didnt like derek much, dont know why.

There is a subset of people who like the repetitiveness (of never finding anything worthwhile). I can't imagine ever bringing myself to watch any again. (Now listening into season 2 of Uncanny and I have to admit that, while the stories are good, the commentary is repetitive and not very useful (to me). I'm not sure how far this can go either.

Last edited:
Most Haunted used to drive me nuts, it was that Evette, whatever her name was, she would scream and run and the camera men followed her, if she had really heard something shouldnt they have stopped and filmed it, not ran off, they should have hired someone with a bit more courage, and i didnt like derek much, dont know why.
I was in a supposedly haunted location once and we walked into a room. The medium told us this room was full of spirits so we should get out now. Erm, wasn't that why we were there? So a supposed bona fide medium beahivng like Yvette Fielding and turning tail and running at the first supposed sign of what we had come to see!

Ghosts surely just roll up when they feel like it. No amount of money ghosthunters can pay will guarantee they will appear.

Given that these shows have been exploiting ghost for decades just going about their business maybe it's time the ghosts got organised formed a union and went on strike demanding a cut of the programme's budget

Given that these shows have been exploiting ghost for decades just going about their business maybe it's time the ghosts got organised formed a union and went on strike demanding a cut of the programme's budget
27p isn't going to get them far.

Back