• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost Walks

dannycheveaux1

Devoted Cultist
Don't know if anyones asked this before, but..

IWe have been meaning to go on an organised Ghost Walk for the past few years and never got round to it. We hope to do one in Chester when they start again for the season.

I know some of them may have people n fancy dress jumping out from behind corners at you, but does anyone know of anybody experiencing anything "real" on one of these walks?

Cheers Dan:eek!!!!:

I'm considering going on the Oxford one when it starts up again this year. As far as I'm aware, the majority of Ghost Walks don't actually take you into specific buildings, they tend to stick to the streets, meaning that you're probably not likely to 'sense' anything, unless you end up in an area known for its sinister activity. They're more designed to get the tourists in for a night-time view of a city/town rather than getting us serious lot in for a proper session regarding all things spooky.

Still, I'll let you know if I encounter any disembodied entities when Oxford gets round to 'hunting season' again. :monster:

This guy, Ian Addicote, runs ghost tours around Penzance and organises 'hanted nights' at Pengersick castle. He's at http://www.paranormalresearch.org.uk. Whether anyone has seen anything odd on his tours, I don't know. He doesn't seem to employ actors dressed up in sheets etc. to pop out at you as they do in York!

I know some of them may have people n fancy dress jumping out from behind corners at you, but does anyone know of anybody experiencing anything "real" on one of these walks

I only know of the events surrounding Greyfriars Kirkyard in Edinburgh - lots of people fainting and being scratched.

Read a book on it 'The Ghost that Haunted Itself' and although I can't remember the authors name, it turns out he's the chap that runs the ghost tour!

Think I'll be giving that one a miss!!:blah:

Was supposed to venture onto the Chester one myself last summer but never got round to it.

I have been on a few different ones in York, but none of them have had people jumping out at you;
one chap had a trick carving knife, who proceded to slice into his arm producing fake blood and so on;

my daughter's friend fainted at that point- most of the other ten-year-olds with us thought it was great...
---------

Back