'Ghostbusters: Afterlife'—Coming 2022

Ringo

I like to not get involved in these matters
Reaction score
Looks like there are lots of Strange(r) Things happening in that town.

Who you gonna call?
Call Hopper!

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Will it have a sad acoustic guitar version of the theme played over the end credits?

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Will it have a sad acoustic guitar version of the theme played over the end credits?
I hope the stick with Ray Parker Jr's original theme tune

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I've read two really bad reviews of it that say it's suffocating in its fan service, and if you're not wholly, obsessively invested in it you'll get nothing out of it. It also features a character called Podcast. Presumably friends with Instagram Thread and Facebook Page.

Ogdred Weary

The Lich
Reaction score
I've read two really bad reviews of it that say it's suffocating in its fan service, and if you're not wholly, obsessively invested in it you'll get nothing out of it. It also features a character called Podcast. Presumably friends with Instagram Thread and Facebook Page.

The trailers and marketing materials certainly suggested that this would be so.

Currently 80% from 30 reviews, it will drop, question is by how much?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_afterlife

RT is obviously a blunt instrument, something can get a high percentage but most of those positive ones might be lukewarm or equivocal.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
They've basically ripped of Stranger Things, scribbled out a few names and details and replaced them with "Marshmallow Man lol" and "Slimer rofl". It's not as if Stranger Things is all that terrific.

Ogdred Weary

The Lich
Reaction score
They've basically ripped of Stranger Things, scribbled out a few names and details and replaced them with "Marshmallow Man lol" and "Slimer rofl". It's not as if Stranger Things is all that terrific.

Yes, they even have Finn Wolfhardon from Stranger Things which ripped off all of the eighties including having the kids in Ghostbusters getup, who was also in IT and IT 2: Another ITeration, which also ripped off Stranger Things, even though Stranger Things ripped off the original IT.

YE SERPENTS EATS ITSELF.

endless scream.gif

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
The problem is that Ghostbusters is already firmly entrenched in culture. It made big bucks because it was light and refreshing. Today’s kids have been soaked in this sort of genre and probably won’t appreciate the novelty we experienced in the cinema a hundred years ago. They’ll probably try and cynically milk the franchise to diminishing returns as long as they can but today’s kids really deserve something of their own.

Ogdred Weary

The Lich
Reaction score
The problem is that Ghostbusters is already firmly entrenched in culture. It made big bucks because it was light and refreshing. Today’s kids have been soaked in this sort of genre and probably won’t appreciate the novelty we experienced in the cinema a hundred years ago. They’ll probably try and cynically milk the franchise to diminishing returns as long as they can but today’s kids really deserve something of their own.

They've been doing that since 1986 and the advent of The Real Ghostbusters cartoon. which even got it's own sequel series: Extreme Ghostbusters.

Not mention the three additional films plus games, merch etc.