• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Ghosts At The Lock Up' At The West Midlands Police Museum, Birmingham [27/10/23]

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
lock-up-night-e1697638812333.jpeg

'Ghosts At The Lock Up' At The West Midlands Police Museum

Join us on Friday 27th October for a night of ghost stories and spooky tales.

The Police deal with some very unusual incidents, some of them involving strange sightings and mysteries that just can’t be explained.

As you follow the route around the atmospheric setting of our Victorian Lock Up, you will hear some of these stories from across the West Midlands, including tales from this very building

Due to references to real life incidents of death, we recommend this event is for over 16’s only.

Tickets are priced at £15pp

Groups leave every 15 minutes between 17:30 and 19:00. The route should take roughly 1 hour, but please do allow for longer.

Details & Bookings:
ghosts-at-the-lock-up

£15 for an hour long ghost tour in a Victorian prison sounds like good value for money to me.

I'm originally from the west midlands so I'm a bit gutted I won't be able to go nowadays but this looks like a good night out. I can imagine the tour guide saying ".. and if yow all cum ova ear now, this cell was propa bad." :)

Last edited:
I'm originally from the west midlands so I'm a bit gutted I won't be able to go nowadays but this looks like a good night out. I can imagine the tour guide saying ".. and if yow all cum ova ear now, this cell was propa bad." :)
That'd be bostin'!

It's all booked up now.

It's all booked up now.

Yup. On a similar note Bow Street Police Museum are running another presumably Halloween inspired ('Ghosts in the Dock') event next Thursday. But that's booked up too; I suspect weeks in advance - I think it's half-term and, to be fair, it seems to be aimed at the young people.

I've always found it worthwhile regularly checking the websites of places that produce interesting events, so that you can give yourself a heads up well in advance.

Yup. On a similar note Bow Street Police Museum are running another presumably Halloween inspired ('Ghosts in the Dock') event next Thursday. But that's booked up too; I suspect weeks in advance - I think it's half-term and, to be fair, it seems to be aimed at the young people.

I've always found it worthwhile regularly checking the websites of places that produce interesting events, so that you can give yourself a heads up well in advance.

I'm fairly sure there were places available on the Brum tour when I posted yesterday since—although I didn't check—their Twitter account did a promo-post.

Youngest lives in the area so I showed her and though she checked it out right away, only one place was left.
Sounds like a good night.

Back