• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Goat With Anxiety Calms When Dressed As Duck

No.

1) You can't tell a horse to rest and stop running about,stamping it feet etc
2) Race horses are MADE for their energy - they tend to be nervy
3) Thats a LOT of weight to have on a cast and a broken leg
4) Even if the horse survives having a broken leg it will probably never race again. Unless its good enough to go to stud, or is suitable to be ridden it has no value. Plus the first time it gets out of its stable it will try and run and quite possibly break its leg again.

Plus if a horse breaks its leg it will probably go into shock and die anyway - in the wild it would never recover so dying from shock would probably be the most sensible thing to do.

Its harsh, but horses are not made like us and you can't treat them in the same way as smaller animals.

Thanks for the explanation .. it is harsh, I suppose that's just the way it is ...

Im British, in my past,i have killed (for sport and food) all kinds of animals, BUT nowadays feel myself sentimentally attached to the protection of wee beasties.
3 days ago in fact, one of our cats (we have 3) brought home a small rat - yes a rat - only small, probs about 3" long plus tail, and he proceded to torment it as cats do.
i thought to myself well its nature? let him do what his instincts tell him.
Well this went on for about an hour. so i took one of our older cats to "help". who then just stood there tormenting the poor rat as well!
As you do? i shoo'd them both away after about 20 mins or so and ratty ran away. only for cat no1 to find him again.
I must admit that i thought he would be dead long before this point so rescued him again and put him in my garage to see if either A' he would die from his injuries or B' he would survive to see another day?
anyway the day after he was still there so i chucked some food in for him which he tucked into straight away, and i have fed him again since. Today though, he hasn't touched his free offerings? so he may have moved on OR he may have succumbed to his injuries? and i may not know until his aroma permeates my garage?? i will let you know!
In the past i would have dispatched him without a seconds thought. nowadays however, i have turned into Mr Gerald Durrell and appreciate all creatures.

AND yes before you ask..... i have had a beer or two on a Sunday afternoon..... VERY unusual for me!! (honest)

No.

1) You can't tell a horse to rest and stop running about,stamping it feet etc
2) Race horses are MADE for their energy - they tend to be nervy
3) Thats a LOT of weight to have on a cast and a broken leg
4) Even if the horse survives having a broken leg it will probably never race again. Unless its good enough to go to stud, or is suitable to be ridden it has no value. Plus the first time it gets out of its stable it will try and run and quite possibly break its leg again.

Plus if a horse breaks its leg it will probably go into shock and die anyway - in the wild it would never recover so dying from shock would probably be the most sensible thing to do.

Its harsh, but horses are not made like us and you can't treat them in the same way as smaller animals.

True, dr. The only remedy for a horse with a broken leg is placing it in a sling for six month, and it will never run at its best ever again - that's why the vet uses a lead aspro.

Very sad but true.

Back