• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Goat With Anxiety Calms When Dressed As Duck

Loquaciousness

The misuse of the word "fact" annoys me
I offer you this story with no comment......

980x.jpg

More here

I know if I had an anxious goat the first thing I'd do would be to dress it up like a chav.

It's got a hoodie, a baseball cap and it's staring right at me .. it's probably also got some skunk and drone in its pocket ..
A drone would be too big to fit in a pocket. Come to that, a skunk wouldn't fit either. ;)

A drone would be too big to fit in a pocket. Come to that, a skunk wouldn't fit either. ;)
Drone is the shortened version of Methadrone (or however it's spelt), a relatively new drug some chavs or idiots sniff these days, I've got no idea what's in it, it's classed as a poor mans cocaine I've been told .. it's probably pond cleaner, bleach and the like .. on the other hand, I like to regularly keep a skunk in my pants ..

Drone is the shortened version of Methadrone (or however it's spelt), a relatively new drug some chavs or idiots sniff these days, I've got no idea what's in it, it's classed as a poor mans cocaine I've been told .. it's probably pond cleaner, bleach and the like...
Yeah, I know.

British Alpine are unusual little beasties - rather neurotic, and the only goat breed known, where the buck, in certain circumstances, can lactate.

I had two in my herd, Elsa and Anna - reminded me of two rather aristocratic older dowager ladies - this one's behaviour doesn't surprise me - it's all a bit sad really.

British Alpine are unusual little beasties - rather neurotic, and the only goat breed known, where the buck, in certain circumstances, can lactate.

I had two in my herd, Elsa and Anna - reminded me of two rather aristocratic older dowager ladies - this one's behaviour doesn't surprise me - it's all a bit sad really.
My Dad bought a mountain goat for some reason best known to him when I was a teenager .. he named her Sweat Heart .. being a mountain goat, she'd climb on anything in reach but she was very sociable .. she'd also eat almost anything (metal, wood etc) so we had to get rid of any plants that could poison her. I remember giving her some tomato soup once.

If I were a blind idiosyncratic co-dependant goat, I think some mild swaddling in a warm familiar-smelling wrapper would calm me, too.

Tactile, empowering, defensive, supporting...this saga has goat all the characteristics of a simple solution, I kid you not.

Last edited:
I love that! How animal are always lifting our spirits, just by being themselves!

Don't British farmers ever put down livestock?
I once walked past a British farmer who had a newborn lamb in his hands and was swinging it around in the air at about 5am ... apparently that gets the snot out of the lambs nose he explained so they don't die ...

.. and me and a mate were tripping on acid (in Staffordshire in a galaxy a long,long time ago) when we were convinced we could hear a baby crying in the same field ... sometimes chickens make that noise laying a particularly heavy egg .. it was a chicken ..)

People putting down race horses just because they have a broken leg has always pissed me off though .. can't a horse just get rest and have a plaster cast instead like humans ? ..

Many years ago, when huge books seemed the best, I can recall reading the advice given about how to deal with horse-accidents. A volume from the days when they were the most normal form of transport.

Equestrians were urged to include a sharp knife in their kit, in case of serious falls when riding. The manner in which it was to be deployed was very horrid. That may be why we read that chapter a lot! Nasty children without horses that we were! :eek::eek::eek:

Back