• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Had some fun with this last night (and I'm not talking about the thing in my trousers - woof!). Makes your eyes all wobbly and everything you look at is trippy. I've never used hallucinogens but this kind of matches what I imagine the visual side of it to be. I looked at a decorative lightbulb after this and it it just grew...and grew...and grew.

WARNING: There are flahsing lights so the epileptics among you many want to lie down first or put some padding on any sharp corners.

Had some fun with this last night (and I'm not talking about the thing in my trousers - woof!). Makes your eyes all wobbly and everything you look at is trippy. I've never used hallucinogens but this kind of matches what I imagine the visual side of it to be. I looked at a decorative lightbulb after this and it it just grew...and grew...and grew.

WARNING: There are flahsing lights so the epileptics among you many want to lie down first or put some padding on any sharp corners.

This isn't representative of what hallucinogens are like visually. It's more to do with stuff looking pretty when you are stoned on weed.

Colours and actual hallucinations are dependant on what you have taken. Some things lead to lovely colours, a sense of euphoria, clarity about the mysteries of the universe, (at the time), This might include visual and auditory hallucinations.

Stronger substances may lead to the death of ego. Essentially you become an eye, (not even that - think Eye of Sauron), with no soul, no emotion, no sense of self, looking onto something - whatever it depends on the individual. This is a truly strange place, (I really can't empathise this too much - it's a very scary place as your ego leaves remnants which can be terrifying) Also due to the nature of these drugs, you are not guaranteed a good outcome.

I would advise if you are going down this route not to do this regularly. If anything these days I wouldn't recommend anyone doing these sorts of drugs because in the 70' and 80's, and slightly the 90's they had hippy scientists making the drugs who knew what they were doing. Nowadays who the fuck knows?

Never did L.S.D, but had a great experience with 'shrooms back when I was a teenager. If I could trust myself to pick the correct ones I would love another go, but I'd probably end up with some deadly toxic fungi instead.

Just posting this because it made me chuckle. I'm into gardening now I'm an old fart and I wanted to grow a load of Morning Glory plants so bought some seeds off Amazon. Morning Glory seeds contain a chemical similar to LSD and are used as a legal high. The effect is somewhat spoiled by the fact that they also make you vomit magnificently.

Anyway the reviews are amusing.

Just posting this because it made me chuckle. I'm into gardening now I'm an old fart and I wanted to grow a load of Morning Glory plants so bought some seeds off Amazon. Morning Glory seeds contain a chemical similar to LSD and are used as a legal high. The effect is somewhat spoiled by the fact that they also make you vomit magnificently.

Anyway the reviews are amusing.
You'd have to eat a LOT of them.
Also, some seed manufacturers may have sprayed pesticides on.

I've read about cases in Victorian era bakeries where the workers were having hallucinations (similar to what we now know as lsd trips), due to mould/fungi on the bread. I've often wondered if I allow some bread to go mouldy and then eat a piece of said mouldy bread, would/could it cause similar effects?

I've read about cases in Victorian era bakeries where the workers were having hallucinations (similar to what we now know as lsd trips), due to mould/fungi on the bread. I've often wondered if I allow some bread to go mouldy and then eat a piece of said mouldy bread, would/could it cause similar effects?

Ergotism. Bad idea.

maximus otter

As Maximus Otter says that’s ergotism and it’s caused by ergot infected grains being used to make the bread. Mouldy bread is caused by fungi growing on the bread afterwards. Other than the fact they are both fungi there is no similarity.

As Maximus Otter says that’s ergotism and it’s caused by ergot infected grains being used to make the bread. Mouldy bread is caused by fungi growing on the bread afterwards. Other than the fact they are both fungi there is no similarity.
Ok.

Is the ergot theory of witchcraft reports still current?

So a bit of mouldy bread is unlikely to do anything then. It's only if the grain has been infected (and usually with rye). Thinking about it, we've all probably eaten bits of mould now and then. Might explain why too much Stilton gives me psychedelic dreams.

I hear on the news that an American State is legalising psyclocibin. (Misspell ?).

Isn't this related to Magic Mushrooms, and LSD ?

Just what is the world coming to ?

Last edited by a moderator:
... I hear on the news that an American State is legalising psyclocibin. (Misspell ?).

The correct spelling is 'psilocybin', though the variant 'psilocibin' is common.

Yes - psilocybin mushrooms are probably the ones most commonly referenced as 'magic mushrooms'.

The legalization initiative underway is within the city of Denver, not the whole state of Colorado (yet). Denver voters approved a decriminalization proposal last month (May).

Last edited:
Thanks for the corrections.

I'm finding the fact checker on this machine isn't very comprehensive.

The legalization initiative underway is within the city of Denver, not the whole state of Colorado (yet). Denver voters approved a decriminalization proposal last month (May).

Thus giving a whole new meaning to the "Mile High City".

Last edited by a moderator:
(Comment transplanted from the 'What Music?' thread):
Reputedly Windowpane was a particularly good quality acid infused into a small transparent square of gel ...

'Windowpane' refers to the delivery medium (the physical thing you swallow) rather than the payload (the LSD) itself. The higher quality attributed to windowpane acid had more to do with reliable dosage amount than the quality of the acid per se.

LSD is very potent, and doses are measured in micrograms ('mikes'). It was difficult to insert consistently uniform amounts of the product into individual tablets or pills with precision at this fine-grained level of measurement.

Both blotter and windowpane represented strategies for obtaining uniform dosages by equally distributing the LSD (in liquid solution) within the delivery medium itself during the medium's production.

In the case of blotter a sheet of paper material was soaked in a solution of known strength, then cut into squares sized to represent a single dose.

In the case of windowpane the solution was blended into a gelatin or gelatin-style base that hardened into a translucent or near-transparent sheet which was similarly subdivided into single-dose pieces.

Wasn't it once sugar lumps ?

My friend Jack eats sugarlumps. etc.

INT21

Wasn't it once sugar lumps ?
My friend Jack eats sugarlumps. etc.

Yes. The original (largely clinical / research) delivery unit was a sugar cube into which an LSD solution had been absorbed.

Once LSD became something of a "mass marketed" item in the underground, sugar cubes gave way to pills or tablets. By the time LSD was proliferating into the recreational drug culture it was already being produced and marketed by Sandoz in tablet form for (mainly) psychiatric use.

I recall seeing entries in the Physician's Desk Reference for pharmaceutical LSD back in the late 1960's / early 1970's. Pharmaceutical LSD was a rarity in the underground drug marketplace, unlike (e.g.) pharmaceutical barbiturates or amphetamines.

This isn't representative of what hallucinogens are like visually. It's more to do with stuff looking pretty when you are stoned on weed.

Colours and actual hallucinations are dependant on what you have taken. Some things lead to lovely colours, a sense of euphoria, clarity about the mysteries of the universe, (at the time), This might include visual and auditory hallucinations.

I tried LSD a couple of times when I was young, and found it interesting, even charming, at first, but it didn't take long for the novelty to wear off. The last time I got bored and couldn't wait for my trip to end so I could do something more interesting. Before I ever tried it I could entertain myself just staring at walls and seeing what the irregularities suggested. I still do that. The mind itself is the weirdest high you could ever wish for.

Man takes acid at Disneyland Paris:
Exciting LSD adventure

...ends up wandering naked in the surrounding countryside. Question: you're at Disneyland, so what the hell do you need to take hallucinogens for?!

Back