• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Heroes

The Beeb have the terrestrial rights but Sci Fi UK/Europe has the satellite rights and I think they're showing it first...until it becomes a hit...then Sky'll 'ave it!

Well, this show is great. Possibly my favorite show at the moment. Reminds me a little of George RR Martin's Wild Cards series too (which is a good thing).

Well now they are saying that a "major character" will die in the next episode. But most probably they will do like all the other shows do and chicken out and just knock off some peripheral character. I vote for the telepathic cop's pig-faced wife. Though i read today that up to three major characters could will be killed off this season. ( i will believe it when i see it) Though it looks like that the major plotlines will boil down to the painter, Hiro and Peter. IMHO. well and of course the cheerleader.

If it's anything like comics, they'll be back.

also, you have a time travel guy. they will not show up again, much like cast killed off in Lost show up in Flashbacks.

Anyone see the latest episode yet? Seems as though Sylar's power is detecting and absorbing the powers of others...

I read on one of the TV insider shows that his a Peter's power are similiar in that they are "empathic".

hokum6 said:
Anyone see the latest episode yet? Seems as though Sylar's power is detecting and absorbing the powers of others...
Hence why his name is Sylar maybe? As in Silo, he stores these powers.

which means he can do what Hiro does.

But one of the show's characters has no 'special' powers - as such. He 'absorbs' the other hereo's powers whilst at close range.

Anyone notice that the hidden 'design' we keep 'seeing' is a DNA 'clipping'.

I guess we're ALL heroes?

He's called Silar as that was the first word he saw, on the face of a watch, when the first hero he offed asked him his name.

I agree, a great and fun series, if a bit soap-operay in parts.

But the next episode (and they clearly said a "hero" will die, so perhaps one of the majors) is the last until "Next Year"...

Sci Fi UK/Europe showing it from February next year! It looks good, it looks really good.

EDIT: Starts 19th February

Something is happening.....

Picture2.png

Starts 19th February - 10.00PM - Sci Fi Channel.

I'm up to Epsiode 12 of this show. I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying it.

Unlike Lost this thing sets up a couple of questions but answers them within the next couple of episodes. I like that. Keeps me interested...I've turned Lost off.

George Takei (Sulu - Star Trek) is scheduled to show up in a couple of up coming episodes.

Christopher Eccleston (The Ninth Doctor) showed up in the last episode as "The Invisble Man" who's named ........Claude!!

Not a big Christopher Eccleston fan, and, although he's was only in it of a minute or too, thought he was quite good!

(after getting caught robbing someones money from a wallet and a mobile phone)...

"You can't see me! No-one can see me! I'm invisible!"

It's repeted tonight, anyone know if it's worth watching ?

If you mean the same show that's such a big hit in the States right now - yes. You don't even have to know much about superhero comics, though I know it enhances my own aesthetic appreciation. They'll inevitably jerk us around sooner or later, but this first season is shaping well.

I have my doubts about the authenticity of the portrait of the Japanese fanboy (why would he prefer 30-year-old Marvel to modern manga?), but he's my favorite anyway. Everybody else has angst. Hiro has enthusiasm. I like that in a hero.

Just watched no1 the next is being videoed now, I agree with your review, I like.

With all the hype surronding it i was a bit nervous about it but on seeing the first two episodes last night i was impressed. I like the way they are building up the characters and the fact that all the heros might not be heros at all, some of them maybe the supervillans.

Or just folks, y'know, people with conflicting impulses and personal goals and problems and degrees of idealism and needs.

Each "hero" exists in a network of people and situations, just like the rest of us, and what they decide to do, or not do, is influenced by those factors in a realistic manner. Nikki, for example, doesn't have much in the way of higher goals. She has a kid and everything else is secondary to that. Claire has the most complicated life because she's a minor and because - oh, that would be spoilers for you Brits, I won't go there. :roll: Hiro has the simplest life, but that's partly a choice on his part as we find out in the second half of the season - he's shaking off the normal complexities of life specifically in order to be a hero. The Petrelli brothers can't break out of the ties that bind them, but that's partly because one of them doesn't wish to. Suresh is earnest, dedicated, and in many important ways, clueless.

Yeah, it makes for a lot of jerking your attention back and forth, and there's a critical mass past which it would be a mistake to take it. But until that mass is reached, it has the relationship-appeal of good soap opera with the action-appeal of a good plot-based story. Very comic-booky, in fact.

Lock n load!!!!!

Season finale Monday night!

Can't wait, really looking forward to see how this old unfolds in the final two episodes.

Thought Episode 20 - "Five Years in the Future" was one of the most original TV episodes I've seen.

I reckon it's gonna be Sylar who goes BOOM!

moooooooohexciting ks out

Over the hols and bank hol sci fi put on all the eps so far back to back and without knowing we missed an ep, can't see how, looks like I'll have to download it now, I presume it was my mistake not sci fi's.

I've been really enjoying this, there have been some really cool moments in it. Can't wait to find out what happens next. :)

I just watched the first two episodes on BBC2, back to back, with my son.

Considering the hype, I have to admit I was fidgeting. I have seen the occasional episode on Dutch TV. This is what an Alan Moore, or Joss Whedon series might look like, if Alan Moore, or Joss Whedon had had absolutely nothing to do with it.

What's wrong with it is probably what's wrong with modern Marvel. "My God! It's full of angst!"

I'm sure it will win awards.

:nah:

Well I must be one of the last people in the world to to see it but I thought it had promise. I'm glad they did the first two back-to-back as it does feel distinctly decompressed - we still don't have much of a measure of anyone!!

Having seen the whole series I thought it was excellent. First two episodes everyone I know found a bit not-quite-right when they first watched it. But by episode three or four they were sold.

I hope you're right, it was OK, but looked like something a TV producer who couldn't afford the rights to established comic book heroes had come up with as a substitute. I did like the cliffhanger at the end of episode 2, though.

Looks promising, though I wish they'd show the episodes in pairs back to back, barely 42 minutes isn't enough given the way the show's paced.

Yes, my only complaint about this series was that the episodes are TOO SHORT!

gncxx said:
I hope you're right, it was OK, but looked like something a TV producer who couldn't afford the rights to established comic book heroes had come up with as a substitute. I did like the cliffhanger at the end of episode 2, though.

I am not sure which episode it is but fairly early on one of them has the best opening scene EVER, look out for it, it involves the cheerleader. :D

Back