• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Historical Evidence & Accounts Of Pygmies / "Little People"

A

Anonymous

It has come to my attenetion that there is much proof of a race of people
known only as the little people once may have exsisted maybe even before modern day humans . the evidence of these little people has mysteriously dissapeared over the years in very suspicious circumstsances the first one I noticed was the case of the pedro mountain
mummy,
he was found cross legged on a ledge in a small cave in a granite mountain . His hands were folded in his lap,in the timeless attitude of the buddah. He appeared to be middle aged. His skin was brown and wrinkled,
his forehead low, the mouth broad and thin lipped . And he was 14 inches tall.

The pedro mountain mummy was then transported 60 miles west of wyoming were it was studyed and caused considerable arguement as to the mummys origins.
But after this all acounts as to the wereabouts of the mummy or 'pedro' as he was called ceased and the wereabouts of the mummy is currently a mystery.

For more on the Pedro / San Pedro Mountains mummy see:

Little Mummified Dude ("Pedro"; The San Pedro Mountains Mummy)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ude-pedro-the-san-pedro-mountains-mummy.4780/

Another thing is that recently (last century) hundreds of tiny flint tools that could only have been crafted by people of a very small build becaus e none of the tools found were longer than half an inch and some were even a quarter of an inch . these cases were in lancishere and if this find had been unique it probably would have been forgoten but that is not the case as these tools have been found all over the world, in a drowned forest in devon,in a sandy heathland in suffolk and in egypt, africa australia,france,sicily,india in the vindhya hills and probably in south america were most of the little people rumours started mainly from the native indians.
If anybody has any comments or informnation about this subject please post a reply or email me on [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to remember seeing a picture in a book of a teeny tiny mouse skin shoe that had evidence of wear on the inside... I can't remember the book, but someone else might be able to point you to a source on it...

There is a picture of a mouse skin shoe in "Daimonic Reality" by Patrick Harpur.

Hey
I don't know how reliable this is, but there is an article in this magazine that talks about how there used to be a race of "little people" but they were wiped out by humans a long, long time ago in a holocost like situation. It's in the issue with the wizard guy on the cover.

Link is dead or dysfunctional. It led to the website for the comic magazine Paranoia: The Conspiracy Reader.
The issue cited is #38 (Spring 2005), and the relevant article is titled "Elves & Fairies: Slaughtered Race?"

I remember reading about Pedro in a book compiled by FATE magazine. I was in high school. I showed it to my science teacher at the time. He told me about a branch of the human family tree containing pygmys and how the opposite end contained giants.
Of course I never really looked into it until recently when Florensis was discovered and lo and behold on the other branch is GOLIATH a giant species of man.
This is all surfacing as if it is all new but as far back as the 60's anthropologists were aware of the possibility of these two types.

WW

Starting with a lost book...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inventio_Fortunata

This account does not mention what the monk saw, he said there were many pygmies in the land.

Not the only account of little folk in the arctic, either....but Greenland has been resonably well excavated and no one has found any wee bones!

Then we have races such as the Patagonians...who were supposed to be very big.

Why all these account of big and little people from remote parts???? (excepting folk like the baku and Watsui who `are` realy short and tall)

simple exaggeration??

I wonder whether legends of pygmies and fairies stem from an ancient racial memory of Flores-type hominids who may have survived in remote places.

As for giants - individuals in hunter-gatherer societies are often taller and heavier than those relying on primitive agriculture, due to better diet etc. I wonder if those tales come from travellers and sailors encountering less-technologically advanced tribes who were significantly taller than them.

you reminded me of an odd thing i came across a week or two back while looking at the wikipedia page on Chimpanzees

When chimpanzees were first brought to the European continent, European scientists noted the inaccuracy of some ancient descriptions, which often reported that chimpanzees had horns and hooves.[citation needed] The first of these early transcontinental chimpanzees came from Angola and were presented as a gift to Frederick Henry, Prince of Orange in 1640, and were followed by a few of its brethren over the next several years. Scientists who examined these rare specimens were baffled,[citation needed] and described these first chimpanzees as "pygmies", and noted the animals' distinct similarities to humans. The next two decades would see a number of the creatures imported into Europe, mainly acquired by various zoological gardens as entertainment for visitors.

Looks like some confusion there, both in what various animals looked like (which may also have extended to various races), and in the way the word 'pygmie' is used.

Not confusion as such, more to do with how you classify things. If they saw them as small hairy humans instead of a different species, the word pygmy might have been reasonable enough. The latin name for orangutans also uses the name pygmy.

I found this article in Cryptomundo very interesting as it explores an old myth from the Island of Hokkaido and a possible link to the Hobbits of Flores:

The Mysterious Little People of Japan

By – Brent Swancer

A commonly occurring phenomenon seen in the folklore and myth of a wide range of cultures throughout the world is the existence of miniature humanoid creatures. Faeries, dwarves, leprechauns, or by whatever other names they are known, mysterious little people of various types have consistently emerged as important elements of folklore across the globe since time unremembered.

On the island of Hokkaido, in the cold northern reaches of the Japanese archipelago, the indigenous Ainu people too have their long traditions of an ancient race of dwarf-like people thought to have inhabited the land long before humans arrived.

There has been some scattered evidence proposed over the years for such a non-Ainu race living in Hokkaido. Archeologists have found evidence of strange pit dwellings all over Japan that are consistent with the stories of the Koropokkuru dwellings, but not consistent with the Ainu, who have always lived in thatched houses. These pits have often been found to contain stone implements not typical of the Ainu, as well as mysterious tools that seem too small to be comfortable or efficient for normal human-sized hands.

The whole article with pictures can be found here:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/homo-floresi ... ropokkuru/

A very interesting report Zilch, thanks for posting. So now we can add Japan to the list of places where homo sapiens arrived and found there were people of similar culture and technology level already there. America and Africa had them and maybe Eurasia did too.
The Tuscarora indians recorded trading tobacco for herbal medications with their local Littlefeet, so in some ways they could even have been slightly more advanced than the newcomer humans.
The history of the Japanese human/Littlefeet relationship is pretty much the same as everywhere else - something happens, it kicks off, and the little people head for the hills, or underground.
So who exactly were they? Is it really plausible that homo erectus spread so far around the world and then shrank to about half their original size?
Or is this evidence of the parallel evolution of something older, with even less in common with us?
The news that artefacts have been found is very interesting, I will surf for further info. Surely it can't be that difficult to find some burial sites?

called them Kobito, or dwarfs.

possibly a memory of the Jomon culture?

I've done some surfing, and there isn't much to be found .
Perhaps the Jomon and Koropokkuru are one and the same.
The only other reference to archaeological evidence I know of is the Yakima Indian story concerning cliff paintings left by the Wahteeta littlefeet in Oregon.

The Ainu are generally supposed to be the direct descendents of the Jomon. The small number of earliest skeletal remains (so often described as "Caucasian" in the popular press) in North America resemble Jomon skeletons, morphologically, more than they resemble any modern "race." For what that's worth.

The little people of the America are an elusive bunch and it's nearly impossible to separate original material from the unconscious influence of the folklorists who collected most of the stories we have. The tribes have moved around so much that stories about "people who were here when we arrived" seldom date as far back as Clovis, much less the original population of the continent.

Your right, we cannot really relate people like the Ainu (and folk like the pygmies and bushmen) to any modern race.

In `Things Japanese` (Chambers?? Sorry, I cannot lay my hands on a copy) its interesting that the Ainu as a race are a `touch` (about an inch, say) shorter than the Japanese.

(And I challenge you to find a pure Ainu...or a pure japanese...)

My book on Japanese archelogy is also in storage, so I cannot coment on the height of a Jomon.

It's a good read alright - but I am not sure that the "little people" are to be confused with fairies and UFO inhabitants.

There's archaeological evidence for actual small people - but none for the other two. Although I do agree that there seems to be a definite link between the fairy stories and the UFO stuff.

Heck, this is starting to get complicated... :lol:

Heck, this is starting to get complicated...

Too right, it's a veritable quagmire of inter-phenomena blurred boundaries.
There's the Littlefeet ability to disorientate people, something often claimed for fairies.
There's the Breton fions and their liking for shooting around on rockets ! :confused:
Some ancient humans could have interpreted the Littlefeet trick of mentally making people walk towards cliff edges as the casting of spells.
Where does one credulity-stretching, evidence -deficient gremlin end and the next one begin?

Hard to say.

And the buisiness of Japanese-Ainu relationships is direfully complicated.

I just got around to looking at these videos - and it is all too depressingly similar to the situatio with the Aboriginies here.

Sad - but no easy solution in sight.

As I said its very complex.

The Ainu are the people you picnic in the woods with, but you dont invite them home to tea.

There is a supposed pigmy race in West Sumatra called orang-kardill (tiny people). Thy are three feet tall, go naked in the forest, have long hair on their heads but are hairless on the rest of their body and they hunt with poisoned bamboo spears. The father of my late guide Sahar Dimus saw a group of them around 1989 in a remote area of Kerinchi Sablat. A friend of his killed one with a parang after it stole rice from their camp (they were trading rice and walking between remote villages over some hills). Afterwards a group of orang-kardill emerged from the jungle and speared the man to death.
The local people insist that they are some kind of primitive human and not an ape like orang-pendek. There was a report of something like them from the far south of Sumatra around 2013 but it turned out to be a newspaper hoax.

There is a supposed pigmy race in West Sumatra called orang-kardill (tiny people). Thy are three feet tall, go naked in the forest, have long hair on their heads but are hairless on the rest of their body and they hunt with poisoned bamboo spears. The father of my late guide Sahar Dimus saw a group of them around 1989 in a remote area of Kerinchi Sablat. A friend of his killed one with a parang after it stole rice from their camp (they were trading rice and walking between remote villages over some hills). Afterwards a group of orang-kardill emerged from the jungle and speared the man to death.
The local people insist that they are some kind of primitive human and not an ape like orang-pendek. There was a report of something like them from the far south of Sumatra around 2013 but it turned out to be a newspaper hoax.

How much credence do you give this story?

THEY are everywhere in north Australia, and nowhere. They are real and unreal; mythical and historical. They are depicted in the rock art, they are in the stories, they are in the minds of men and women from Cape York and the Top End right across to Broome on the distant Indian Ocean’s shore — the Little People. They have a hundred local names — Rai, Janjarri, Mimih — yet the picture we have of them is strikingly consistent. We know they are slight, elusive, magical, mischievous. We are told that they are always nearby, listening, hovering, poised just beyond the edge of our field of vision: they are the necessary companion beings to complete and populate the vast, empty-seeming country of the remote north. Of course we hear about them most often in old, remembered song-cycles: they serve as the puzzling trickster-heroes of many a wildly ramifying Aboriginal narrative. But are those stories simply tales, legends — or do they point to a time now gone when there were diminutive people spread through the lush rainforests and up and down the coastlines of the north? Were the Little People real? Are they still?

Even the briefest journey through the meanders of remote Australian life will quickly turn up their persistent traces and highlight a complex trail of evidence. For the Little People are not a simple or straightforward category. There are different kinds of them, and they move on different levels of reality — the established and the imagined, the past world and the present — and these various populations blend into and reinforce each other, and accentuate the particular atmospherics of the north, where nothing is quite what it appears to be, and haunting presences seem to lurk constantly just out of reach.

Continued Here
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/art...a/news-story/4b6a79f0661a7ed0c55ae00e29fb119a

The pigmy races of the Australian bush.

Would you like to tell us more?

Have added a preview--Yith

Back